It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 22:51

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Field Suggestions for CEDs
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2011, 23:26 
True fan
True fan

SUGGESTION 1:

I've submitted updates on some CED titles that I recently added to my collection, and noticed that the Original Title and Alternate Titles fields aren't there as they are when submitting an update for a LaserDisc. For example, I submitted the Swedish Live-Action/Animation film "Dunderklumpen!" (1974). I submitted the title as it appears on the caddy spine and on the rear of the caddy - "Dunderklumpen." The original Swedish title includes an exclamation mark at the end, but otherwise the title on the spine, etc, is correct. However, once my update had been processed it had the American VHS title - "Dunder Klumpen." It looks like that on the from label, as Dunder is directly above Klumpen.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071448/

Here's the English language trailer, which ALSO has it as "Dunderklumpen!"

SUGGESTION 2:

A field for the second set of refrence numbers on many caddies. Take "Alice in Wonderland" (1951). On the left side of the spine is the main refrence number RCA 00733. On the right side on the spine is the second number - CM11E-V105379. Another example is "Walt Disney Home Video Cartoon Classics Volume 4 Sport Goofy." Yes, that's the title's full name. To the left is the refrence number 00741. To the right the number is 165. On the rear is 165-1. The number on the right is most probably the publisher's number. I have other releases on CED published by Walt Disney Home Video. All have a three digit number on the right side of the spine. The Disney titles published by RCA have the longer numbers found on titles published under the RCA SelectaVision VideoDiscs and RCA VideoDiscs names.

SUGGESTION 3:

A field for caddy color. RCA used color coding on their discs. White for Mono sound, Blue for Stereo sound, Black for Interactive and Special Editions, and Grey for Industrial titles (very rare). But near the end of disc manufacturing RCA put some Stereo releases in White caddies, etc.

SUGGESTION 4:

The list of titles announced, promoted, and/or advertised that were cancelled is quite lengthy (especially NTSC titles). How about a field for Cancelled titles?

STAY AWESOME! :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]