It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:58

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: photo url in seller export?
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2021, 04:28 
Third post and above
Third post and above

When I uploaded my collection for sale here on LDDB, I used the stock photos. When I export a csv database of my inventory, is there any way that I can force the export to include the url of the stock photos associated with the movies?

Post subject: Re: photo url in seller export?
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2021, 04:49 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

First of all let me say I don't buy from sellers here (I do elsewhere), but I feel compelled to comment about using stock photos for selling anything online.
It isn't my intention to offend, I am speaking from the point of view of a buyer.

You aren't showing pictures of the actual item for sale, which could obviously be interpreted as deceptive.
I would honestly prefer to see a crappy blurry picture of the actual item rather than a stock photo. At least the former would make me ask for more pictures of better quality.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2021, 04:56 
Third post and above
Third post and above

I'm not easily offended :) You're fine.

I totally get it. It's just that the idea of taking, editing, uploading and assigning over 250 photo is daunting to say the least. A guy can hope, can't he? :think:

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2021, 07:16 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

deadlegion wrote:
First of all let me say I don't buy from sellers here (I do elsewhere), but I feel compelled to comment about using stock photos for selling anything online.
It isn't my intention to offend, I am speaking from the point of view of a buyer.

You aren't showing pictures of the actual item for sale, which could obviously be interpreted as deceptive.
I would honestly prefer to see a crappy blurry picture of the actual item rather than a stock photo. At least the former would make me ask for more pictures of better quality.

I agree with all of this...unless its a Japanese seller. I've bought many LDs from Japanese sellers with nothing but a catalog number and a hilariously low res decades old photo so small and stock that it must have come from 1995...always got the exact item in perfect condition. I wouldn't dream of buying from a US seller with the same listing, I would assume the item didn't even exist or that it had been soaked in Mountain Dew and is missing half the discs.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2021, 08:08 
Third post and above
Third post and above

I get it... and I do agree. I just think I'd rather throw these things away than go through the hassle of taking, editing and uploading over 200 pictures for items that might net me five dollars each, minus fees, if they ever sell at all. If it was something that was popular, fast-moving, guaranteed sell... that'd be one thing. I appreciate the opinions, though...

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2021, 08:33 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Oh yeah, Japanese sellers are a different story. 99% (or more) of the time whatever old stuff they're selling will be pristine even if they use stock photos and most of them are pretty brutal about describing damage, discolouration, things missing etc.
I have always preferred buying from Japanese sellers over western sellers :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]