It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 14:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rot report level problem
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2012, 22:37 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Hi Julien & Everyone,

I've got another glitch in the system to report. It is related to the level of severity when reporting laser rot on a title. I have discussed this a long time ago with Julien, but have never talked about it here in the time since The Forum has existed. This problem seems to be limited to Hong Kong and Taiwanese titles, which as many of you will know, I have a lot of in my collection. Since many of these titles were pressed at the Japanese plants, it is not a problem which has come up frequently. However, I have encountered a few titles from these countries with more than a mild degree of rot. The specific examples I could give of this are the Hong Kong releases of Mad Stylist, Stephen King's The Shining ('97), and the newly validated Poison Ivy 3: The New Seduction. I have seen copies of all three of these with what I would classify as "strong" rot. When I click on the link to report rot on one of these titles, I am able to input the level as 4/5 stars. It appears with 4 stars next to the title on my rot report page. However, when I go to the listing page for the title, it only shows that "light" rot was reported. Also, when I go back to my rot report page, the system has changed the rating level to "light" rot (1/5 stars). I have tried several times to change the level back to 4/5 stars, but I can't get the system to accept anything but "light" 1/5 rot level on any of them. Has anyone else noticed this problem :problem: when reporting rotted titles? Perhaps not, as I am pretty sure it is NOT affecting U.S. or Japanese releases :thumbup: . I'm unsure about China, Singapore, or Malaysia, since I have not encountered any discs from these countries with anything greater than "light" 1/5 level rot. There is certainly something strange going on in the rot report section of the site, and I hope that this demon :twisted: can be tracked down and exorcised by Father Julien :angel: , preferably before Halloween is over!

Best Regards,
David :)

Post subject: Re: Rot report level problem  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2012, 23:40 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

i had an issue once with a japanese or US disc.
i think the issue i had was an accident, i put rot insted of add to collection.

anyway i was unable to removed the rot submission until i clicked on the left side below HOME and above MY ACCOUNT
was the go to HTML controls, and that fixed the issue, the bug i guess is still there, or we are using an older version of some operating system?

anyway it should be fine if you use HTML selection.

Post subject: Re: Rot report level problem
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2012, 21:11 
Serious fan
Serious fan

rein-o wrote:
i had an issue once with a japanese or US disc.
i think the issue i had was an accident, i put rot insted of add to collection.

anyway i was unable to removed the rot submission until i clicked on the left side below HOME and above MY ACCOUNT
was the go to HTML controls, and that fixed the issue, the bug i guess is still there, or we are using an older version of some operating system?

anyway it should be fine if you use HTML selection.

Hello rein-o,

Well, I tried this and it worked. I was able to update the titles on my rot report to reflect the higher levels of rot. I had never tried this before, and had no idea how to do it. Thanks for your help, my friend! :thumbup:

Regards,
David :wave:

Post subject: Re: Rot report level problem
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2012, 21:30 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

glad it worked, like i said i had an issue and forgot how to do it but remembered back when i had dial up that's what i had to use.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]