It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:57

Page 9 of 10 [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: What's the worst anime you've ever seen?
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2019, 12:52 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Yeah, the only thing wrong with Tasuke is his tendency to post his dolls on the loosest of associations. :D

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2019, 15:03 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

i just felt burned, is all, after a great many years worth of expecting a LOT more out of NADESICO, is all.
i mean, by all offhand appearances, the series looks as if it should have been RIGHT up my alley.

i suppose in the end is disappointment fatigue, after being burned by the majority of that Anime
i came across cheap thanks to that otherwise great SENTAI FILMWORKS black friday sale last year.

i had hopes for much of what i had picked up, especially "UTAWARERUMONO; THE LOST FACES"

and as it all turned out, SPACE ADVENTURE COBRA was one of the precious few that ended up actually NOT sorely disappointing.

in the end, i'll freely admit that, while these days, i do indeed singularly love my irresistably cute and pretty anime girls,
every bit as much, if not more so, in fact, than the realistic, "frustrated engineer" 1980's Mecha designs,
which were once my sole overriding Anime heartthrob back in the 90's,
the odds in modern Anime very much are that, in general, the better the girls in any given series are, the worse the series is otherwise likely to be...

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2019, 14:40 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Space Adventure Cobra is f***ing amazing. Anytime somebody asks me for anime recommendations (a rare occurence, I guess most people know my tastes), it's the first thing that comes to mind.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2019, 16:13 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

all the same, i simply find myself having an exceedingly difficult time following NADESICO's "Story Structure"
the T.V. series was quite bad enough; the "Movie" is far, far worse.

if it seems that i am some manner of "Man-Child" lacking in sufficient mental faculties
to follow such an obviously immaculate piece of Shakespearean storytelling, well then i'll have to admit that i am quite guilty as charged...

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2019, 21:48 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I am assuming that the Holiday Special has never had a release other that one time it aired? Disney could easily put this as an easter egg on one of the movie releases along with the unaltered OT but they're stupid and greedy.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2019, 22:24 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

gypsy wrote:
takeshi666 wrote:
How about this?

This is FANTASTIC.

I had a falcon in '82, is that an '82 falcon?

The figures look too posable to me, they should be more rigid with straight arms

PostPosted: 01 May 2019, 00:22 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

tasuke wrote:
rein-o wrote:
Dunno, that one is Bandai not Kenner/Hasbro :lol:

yeah, and the AT-AT is a MPC/ERTL model kit reissue from 1989...

I do hope you know I was kidding, I forgot to add the laughing face :lol:

PostPosted: 01 May 2019, 01:02 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Golgo 13 Queen Bee.

PostPosted: 01 May 2019, 03:30 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

gypsy wrote:
Golgo 13 Queen Bee.

Actually haven't seen that one, I always wanted to get it but then it was sort of too new for me at the time.
Guess I'll stay away, I do love The Professional, one of the better animes.

PostPosted: 01 May 2019, 03:44 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

So, I'm not sure what I was expecting really. I had never watched any Golgo before so this may be par for the course with it. I actually didn't even buy the movie intentionally. I bought it in a German 5 movie/oav set that includes Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust was dirt cheap (less than the cost of the US DVD of VHD Bloodlust at the time). But anyway it's just non-stop sex and blood basically with nothing interesting to hold it together. Though some reviews I read after watching it act like it's interesting, I just found it boring. It's put me off of trying anything else in the franchise.

PostPosted: 01 May 2019, 04:13 
Serious fan
Serious fan

The original 80s Golgo is great. Don't miss the seamlessly integrated cgi graphics helicopter attack sequence :lol:

PostPosted: 01 May 2019, 15:01 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

that was patently ridiculous looking, to say the least... :lol: :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: 02 May 2019, 12:02 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

forper wrote:
gypsy wrote:
takeshi666 wrote:
How about this?

This is FANTASTIC.

I had a falcon in '82, is that an '82 falcon?

The figures look too posable to me, they should be more rigid with straight arms

Those are all from the 90's Power of the Force line, including the Falcon. Most vehicles in that line were just redecos of the originals, sometimes with retools to accommodate new electronics. The figures in that photo are a bit of a mixed bag too because Chewie and Obi-Wan there are from the earliest waves when they had herculean proportions, hence the latter's gorilla hands, while Luke and especially Han are from much later waves, which is why the latter has added articulation on top of the standard 6 POA and more screen-accurate physique.

PostPosted: 02 May 2019, 14:13 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Oh man, this reminds me.
I remember reading magazines when they were releasing those pieces from the original molds, people were stomping on them at TRS back in the day
when their "investments" may get hurt.

Even that set of classic figures, the box set released from the late 90s early 2000's with Luke, Obi, Vader and one or two more.
They looked EXACTLY like the originals but would have a different date on the legs or feet.
People were smashing them as they felt it would ruin the market, but it really didn't, but was funny at the time to think these people were so wound up.

PostPosted: 02 May 2019, 14:44 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Wow people are nuts sometimes.

PostPosted: 02 May 2019, 18:04 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

It really was the beginning of the modern toy collecting scene. There was this great webcomic I read some time ago that read like a cliffnotes version of it all, people going from buying old junk at garage sale for pennies, flipping them for hundreds in collector stores, the collector stores being ran by snooty twats who looked down on everyone (this probably still holds true), the collectors in general sort of working together but also perfectly willing to rip each other off just to make some profit off all these old toys, the Episode I toy bubble that read like a prelude to the Beanie Baby collapse, and eventually the mainstream audience picking up on this and trying to sell their worthless old toys for a fortune too without any idea if they were actually worth anything or not, making it nearly impossible for the hardcore collectors to make any good finds anymore.

And now there's a whole new line that's come out that consists of vintage style figures but the packaging has this giant sticker on them saying they're reproductions and that stupid fake wear on the cardback and I bet some vintage fanatics are losing their minds over those, too.

PostPosted: 02 May 2019, 20:12 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

They should just do what Hasbro does with GI Joe and Transformers. Make the re-issues so crap nobody wants them. :)

To be truthful the TF reissues are often terrific but some of them are very bad and some of those Joes were sub-pirate grade. Total jank.

There are anti-reissue people in the Tamiya collecting community which is even more gross than the fact that there is a Tamiya collecting community. They can’t just be happy with their massive stacks of unbuilt toy trucks they have to go on Internet forums and dump on the reissues that are the only sane choice for most people. It’s crazy because aside from censored advertising Tamiya’s reissues are almost almost at least as good as the originals. Usually they are slightly better. As someone who actually builds the things that’s most important. The new box art is different but still great.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 02 May 2019, 22:20 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I've bought both vintage and reissue Transformers and I can tell there's a definite difference in the plastic quality - but that in itself is not a dealbreaker for me. I also find the older reissues to be fairly solid pieces. It's only the ones that have already been reused and redecoed so many times over the years that mold degradation has started to set in, like the Combaticons, or Jazz, who they had to sculpt a whole new face at one point. Oddly enough, I haven't seen anybody raise this issue with any of the Optimus Prime re-releases, you'd think he'd suffer from it too.

PostPosted: 03 May 2019, 01:22 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I don’t like the glitter plastic but overall reissue TFs are pretty good as are many pirate ones.

I haven’t seen a decent Jazz since the 80s. Even the G2 one would barely hold together as a car

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 03 May 2019, 02:15 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Official reissues at least enjoy the benefit of having some sort of QC performed on them. I made the mistake of buying a KO Shockwave and his legs won't stay fully extended, and his fist is molded crooked so it keeps prying the forearm apart. Not only that but when I took it apart to see why it was doing that, the screw ended up shearing so much plastic that now the forearm barely holds together at all, I should pick up a replacement from a vintage junker or something.

Page 9 of 10 [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next