It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:34

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: [CLD-97] service technician in the FL panhandle area?
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 17:44 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

pbiancardi wrote:
schweaty wrote:
I appreciate all the input guys and I want to be clear about a few things. The digital audio distortion is consistent across most CLVs. I wouldnt be posting here if I had 1 out 400 discs that sounded bad. The video crosstalk is also fairly consistent. It's not there all the time on every disc, but it's enough that it's a concern.

(This may not be popular advice but it works)

Start with step one, open up the player and find the RF adjustment (rear center) and with a disc playing SLOWLY turn it up (clockwise) until the audio clears up (BEFORE YOU DO THIS TAKE A PICTURE OF THE CURRENT POSITION OF THE ADJUSTMENT SO YOU CAN PUT IT BACK IF THIS DOESN'T HELP). If this solves the problem your laser is getting weak but you can leave this turned up to buy yourself some time.

Once you get that we can talk about the same type of adjustment for crosstalk which is similar, while disc is playing you adjust the tilt until crosstalk is gone.

rein-o is absolutely correct about the different disc issue so if you appear to have solved one or both problems keep the player open and watch several discs to confirm the issue is gone.

Thanks for the advice. I have no problem adjusting pots. I've done it on many different kinds of electronics in the past. I prefer to mark the pot and the board for reference.

I'm going to wait until zeta chimes in on whether or not it's an alignment issue and how to correct it.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2019, 22:48 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

I've got some good news to report. I got a chance to open it up today and after about 1/16 of a turn worth of adjustments to the rf level pot, the digital audio issues are cleared up and I cant even tell any difference between the analog and digital audio.

Now for the video issues. How do I go about clearing up some of the crosstalk on clv discs? Since cav discs look fine, should I just leave well enough alone and live with it?

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2019, 12:46 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

schweaty wrote:
I've got some good news to report. I got a chance to open it up today and after about 1/16 of a turn worth of adjustments to the rf level pot, the digital audio issues are cleared up and I cant even tell any difference between the analog and digital audio.

Now for the video issues. How do I go about clearing up some of the crosstalk on clv discs? Since cav discs look fine, should I just leave well enough alone and live with it?

Don't stop now, adjust the tilt balance with a disc playing (very small adjustments very slow to give it a chance to adjust) until the crosstalk is completely gone.

Post subject: Re: [CLD-97] service technician in the FL panhandle area?  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 04 May 2019, 00:19 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

pbiancardi wrote:
schweaty wrote:

Don't stop now, adjust the tilt balance with a disc playing (very small adjustments very slow to give it a chance to adjust) until the crosstalk is completely gone.

just wanted to let you know, a couple of weeks ago I made a tiny adjustment to the tilt balance and now its playing everything i throw at it perfectly. no crosstalk at all. thanks again to everyone who helped!

-dan

PostPosted: 04 May 2019, 14:31 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Good news!

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2019, 21:26 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Sorry to hijack the thread here, but I have a question about the tilt balance adjustment that cured schweaty's crosstalk.

I did this adjustment recently on my CLD-D704, but owing to the position of the adjustment screw under the spinning disc, I couldn't figure out how to adjust a playing source. Just couldn't get my screwdriver in under the disc. So I had to make adjustment, spin up, check results, eject, make adjustment, spin up, etc., which took quite a while though I did eventually achieve the results I was after.

Is there some technique I'm missing here?

Thanks,

Jeremy

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2019, 00:36 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

The adjustment procedure wants the 8 inch test disc which makes a big difference accessing the adjustment.

Pioneer Reference Disc (2001) [GGV1069]

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2