It is currently 18 Sep 2019, 19:13

Page 16 of 25 [ 494 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the last Product you bought? (Except Laserdisc)
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2019, 13:55 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

rein-o wrote:
I picked up a eurotrax CD a few months ago.
Totally love this stuff.

Are these tracks only on single discs? I'll do a search later on discogs.

No idea, I picked up the singles because that way I have a better chance of getting the mix I actually like. There are a few I want though that only seem to exist on vinyl single so the only way to get them on a CD is one of those compilation releases.

It's just a shame that the music videos for this stuff are almost impossible to get on home video, in any format. Even the video for the Laurel & Hardy one that I found on youtube seems to be cut out of some kind of a magazine show as it has segues from and to other videos right at the beginning and end.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2019, 14:49 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Yeah, I see that video on posted on discogs.
Did a search on discogs and don't see either of those tracks on any other than the single CD or Vinyl.
As fun as they are I can't have a whole wall of CD singles, I don't mind getting those compilations.

Wonder if they were ever on those Magic Sound of Deep? they do have that time period and that's what reminded me of them.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2019, 21:46 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

xtempo wrote:
Sweet Cheap TV so I can hook it up when I get my editing stuff together

nice, looks like you might have a good Weird Sceince scenario happening pretty soon there 8-)

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2019, 22:16 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Got an excellent Bell and Howell Filmosound 302e 16mm projector at on on site estate auction. A high end unit that cost like $800 in 1957, like $6000 or something in today's dollars, it has a extra powerful hifi tube amp with the super rare magnetic sound option (with recording). Not many pics online, probably not many sold at the $$$ new, pic I found below shows the magnetic head lever.

It's very well made - the whole thing is solid, solid metal with "oil cap" bearings that will never wear out (they later went to sealed bearings, these you oil like an old steam locomotive). The lamphouse, the vertical finned structure, feels like the cylinder of a motorcycle engine. It's sad to see that B&H is reduced these days to nothing more than a name for cheap plastic garbage - quite the fall from the days of heroic cine equipment like the filmo 16mm cameras and PJs like this. It's also sad to see how many of these get cannibalized into homebrew guitar amps, rather than fulfilling the mission they were intended for - another indication of this beast being the top of the line is the pictured transformer which the lesser models lacked.

Very dusty, but when it's cleaned up it will go nicely in my 16mm stable next it it's 1940s Filmosound brethren and a later 70s-80s one. Got a box of home movies with it on low fade Kodachrome too.

I managed to get several episodes of the obscure anime Starzan on 16mm when the whole run on film came on eBay like a year ago, never used Japanese prints sent to America for some project that never happened in the bags from the Imagica film lab, perfect color. I know some people have reels of Harlock and stuff like that on 16, but a rare find in the States. Should look great on this PJ once it's up and running.

Total cost: $2

Attachments:
filmo.jpg
filmo.jpg [ 129.28 KiB | Viewed 446 times ]

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2019, 23:17 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

harlock wrote:
Got an excellent Bell and Howell Filmosound 302e 16mm projector at on on site estate auction. A high end unit that cost like $800 in 1957, like $6000 or something in today's dollars, it has a extra powerful hifi tube amp with the super rare magnetic sound option (with recording). Not many pics online, probably not many sold at the $$$ new, pic I found below shows the magnetic head lever.

It's very well made - the whole thing is solid, solid metal with "oil cap" bearings that will never wear out (they later went to sealed bearings, these you oil like an old steam locomotive). The lamphouse, the vertical finned structure, feels like the cylinder of a motorcycle engine. It's sad to see that B&H is reduced these days to nothing more than a name for cheap plastic garbage - quite the fall from the days of heroic cine equipment like the filmo 16mm cameras and PJs like this. It's also sad to see how many of these get cannibalized into homebrew guitar amps, rather than fulfilling the mission they were intended for - another indication of this beast being the top of the line is the pictured transformer which the lesser models lacked.

Very dusty, but when it's cleaned up it will go nicely in my 16mm stable next it it's 1940s Filmosound brethren and a later 70s-80s one. Got a box of home movies with it on low fade Kodachrome too.

I managed to get several episodes of the obscure anime Starzan on 16mm when the whole run on film came on eBay like a year ago, never used Japanese prints sent to America for some project that never happened in the bags from the Imagica film lab, perfect color. I know some people have reels of Harlock and stuff like that on 16, but a rare find in the States. Should look great on this PJ once it's up and running.

Total cost: $2

Wow - really nice gear you have bagged..... enjoy.

That is better than some of the 16mm units that were used (very rarely) in cinemas I was involved with years ago & complete too.

Thank-you for posting this.

Cheers :thumbup:

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2019, 13:18 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

forper wrote:
xtempo wrote:
Sweet Cheap TV so I can hook it up when I get my editing stuff together
]https://images2.static-bluray.com/htgallery/176431_full.jpg

nice, looks like you might have a good Weird Sceince scenario happening pretty soon there 8-)

Now I might have to watch that again for ideas of course :lol:

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2019, 19:08 
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Panasonic TU-MDC100 muse decoder is currently on its way to me. It is the last muse decoder released in 1997 and 4 years newer than my Sony MSC-4000.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2019, 03:02 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Okay Zeta, you were right ok. After messing around with DAT and its super unreliability in an effort to achieve what I had with my well missed MZ-RH1 Hi-MD unit I studied up on the state of the art. I settled on a ZX300 with IER-M7 IEMs and at first I was like, okay DSD sounds very good but it's weak, the power of the 300 doesn't seem to "drive" the M7s well at all and my unbalanced EX700s from a decade ago do a much better job..then I found the Hi Gain option..world changed..amazing. Surpasses the RH1. Loud but not harsh, "rounded" sound. I can listen at very high volumes without any pain. I love this ish and I'm now a believer. Now if only Sony released a cool looking bluetooth remote, the current one is boring as hell, where did that Sony cool from the '90s go?

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2019, 21:37 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

bought a Panamax MR4000 for when I get my stuff from my storage in about 3 to 4 weeks.

Might have to buy another one though since it is only 8 outlets and I might need more or at least plug in some of the devices when I use them instead of being plugged in all the time.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2019, 07:43 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

^that looks like a good investment.

Saitou Yuki VHS:

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2019, 18:37 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

substance wrote:
Panasonic TU-MDC100 muse decoder is currently on its way to me. It is the last muse decoder released in 1997 and 4 years newer than my Sony MSC-4000.

Would be interesting to see whether the picture quality improved with this model. Please keep us posted.

Pioneer CLD-D925 for PAL discs.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2019, 10:11 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

confederate wrote:
substance wrote:

Would be interesting to see whether the picture quality improved with this model. Please keep us posted.

I'll vouch for the (older) Pioneer HM-D101 and TU-MDC100 being a step up over the Sony MSC4000. I find though with an X9 the Panasonic is susceptible to the 'green tinge' issue. Luckily Substance has an X0 which I've read from several sources is immune to this with basically any decoder.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2019, 21:00 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Normally I don't buy lego, much less the bootleg stuff, but I went into a store looking for a cold drink but since they had no cold drink section at all so I checked the toy aisle out of curiosity and these caught my eye because the packaging is quite old fashioned and I haven't seen this type of bootleg lego since the early 90's.

A closer inspection revealed a copyright date of 1988 and if that's accurate then these are most certainly the oldest toys I've found in the wild, the previous record holder was a Thunderbirds action figure by Matchbox from 1993 and that one had obvious shelf wear, discount price tags on top of each other, yellowed bubble, faded cardback and all that, but apart from some dents these look brand new.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2019, 07:35 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Went down to Gothenburg last weekend and picked up this BVM-D24E1WE. Drove across the entire country on the night til Sunday with it in the car. Kind of tedious but well worth it! The ultimate all-round monitor for me considering that it offers inputs for RGB, YPbPr, HD-SDI, composite and Y/c as well as nearly any resolution from 240p to 1080i. :)

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2019, 15:40 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Awesome! I recall another member buying one, I think it might've been the same monitor even, and they had it shipped in freight and paid through the nose for it. They took a bunch of pictures of it on a pallet but I think theirs might've been bigger tho?

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2019, 16:01 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Awesome. I have a pvm that I almost never use.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2019, 18:30 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

takeshi666 wrote:
Awesome! I recall another member buying one, I think it might've been the same monitor even, and they had it shipped in freight and paid through the nose for it. They took a bunch of pictures of it on a pallet but I think theirs might've been bigger tho?

This one? ;)
https://forum.lddb.com/viewtopic.php?p=95694#p95694

The A24 is a newer monitor. Tube and chassis are the same but electronics were updated. Downside though is that the BKM-68X input card, which is used for analog RGB and YPbPr video for the A series, is very expensive and hard to find. The D series is an older design with slightly inferior color accuracy and its HD-SDI input board have a fan that's kind of annoying, but overall it's hard to beat for all-round usage. Still I'm perfectly happy to keep on using the A24 for modern gaming and movies, while I'll use the D24 for some retro gaming as well as Photoshop and Lightroom. You could pretty much say I'm 100% satisfied with both. :)

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2019, 20:19 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I just picked up the Eastern Star supposed remastered edition of Project A-ko on DVD.
This is amazing that its taken directly from the LD, you can even see dropouts at some points.

Since when was this allowed for people to do this, I know this is a later release from 2011 but still how is this allowed?

I own other ES releases but they are better than this, is this normal practice from ES?

Guess I'm not buying Godmars or Galaxy Express 999 when they release it as it will just be a rip off the LDs I already own...

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2019, 20:56 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

rein-o wrote:
I just picked up the Eastern Star supposed remastered edition of Project A-ko on DVD.
This is amazing that its taken directly from the LD, you can even see dropouts at some points.

Since when was this allowed for people to do this, I know this is a later release from 2011 but still how is this allowed?

Is it one of those anime whose masters were supposedly destroyed in a fire? I know some OVAs fell victim to that so the laserdiscs are literally the best existing source.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2019, 22:56 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

takeshi666 wrote:
rein-o wrote:

Is it one of those anime whose masters were supposedly destroyed in a fire? I know some OVAs fell victim to that so the laserdiscs are literally the best existing source.

I guess it must be. Wish they said so.

I know Zeta will chime in as he liked it and should know.

Page 16 of 25 [ 494 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 25  Next