It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 17:02

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-800] Problem opening drawer
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2019, 15:46 
Serious fan
Serious fan

I've found that my newly found cld 800 have some issue to open the drawer, the opening is quite slow and "noisy", after opening it I found thet there is some kind of white "gooey" stuff on the plastic retaining the drawer when closed (see picture https://www.noelshack.com/2019-35-7-156 ... 450560.jpg ), there is some on the drawer itself and on it's rails. I'd like to know what you guys think this is.

Post subject: Re: CLD 800 problem opening drawer
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2019, 17:55 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Looks like Lithium grease or Mayonnaise.

If its grease then it should be on traction parts, little too much looking to me but you may want to remove a little.

If its mayonnaise then I would take it off :lol:

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2019, 18:33 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I would not be worried about the grease (that is what you pictured) as it was there to begin with.

Since your unit is having issues opening up, you should be focused on the loading belt and then go from there. Hopefully that is the only issue.

Post subject: Re: CLD 800 problem opening drawer  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2019, 19:43 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Well I removed the white stuff, (what I could actually), I also tried to smell it but it does not smell, so really don't what it is, I'm gonna take your words then and guess it was grease (or 20 years old mayonnaise :lol: ), then I checked the loading belt and it looks like it's still pretty solid, so don't think it was that.
I also removed the dust where there was, I found a little on the laser lens and removed it very gently without using any products.
After that I turned on the player again and tested the drawer, it actually opens and close a little faster and also more silently than before, so my guess is I "fixed" it.
Then I closed back the player and watched a couple movies as a way to "test" it, so I finally watched the Small Soldiers and Tomorrow Never Dies copy I got more than 3 months ago (actually, it was the day just after I "broke" my D925, what a luck...), anyway I digress, the point is it's working great (for) now, and the picture is a little better than yesterday (and is quite good actually), so dusting it off was not a bad idea.
Anyway, thanks for your views on the mysterious substance, but I managed to fix it myself (for once :D )

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2019, 19:50 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Great, sometimes the belts will look OK but just stretch out the slightest and won't work.
But if its working now leave it I say.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2019, 22:49 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Perhaps a layer of dust and dried grease along with a long period of inactivity jammed up the mechanism a tad bit. So long as you don’t hear any whining noise which would be belt slippage, you should be fine for now.

In addition, I think single sided players are usually more forgiving in that they have more tolerance for a slightly stretched belt.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]