It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:25

Page 4 of 4 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Are you OK with showing listing year/month in shop items?
Poll ended at 25 Oct 2019, 03:59
 Yes please, it's useful to brush virtual dust  65%  65%  [ 22 ]
 Yes but should reflect the most recent update  6%  6%  [ 2 ]
 No, I love secrecy wrapped in mystery  29%  29%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 34

Post subject: Re: Should we display listing date on shops' items?
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2019, 23:11 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

rein-o wrote:
I like the option to show how long people have been trying to "sell" these "rare" discs and how many are truly interested in purchasing them rather
than to just "like" said disc or object in their fantasy world.

Wow, I just got back and see that this is over 3 pages.
Guess the "real sellers" are upset about such an idea.

I just want to see how long a disc sits in my shop on LDDB and when I have it listed both here and ebay and when I have to come
here to remove said sold disc.

Its nice to see people who are buying these items from estates and then trying to make 2 bucks off it and how may are truly interested
in buying said items.

Seems like the used media collectards are going away or collecting only because they remember grandpa had them or spoke highly of them.

Lets truly see how many we sell and if its really worth the risk or effort to keep these high pre-crash prices going strong into the next
decade.

I'll be the first to admit I've paid some silly prices for a few things decided I just wanted full stop (lol BTTF2 MUSE with obi...)

But regardless working players will run out and then all you have is expensive wall hangings.

Don't buy too often here but generally if I do they tend to be big orders. Mostly those sellers haven't commented. The ones that did; funny the correlation of those without issues of this initiative having the better experience in my memory while the most stridently against.... well to be fair, not a bad experience but the least willing to negotiate and just... well... the only one(s???) I'm in no hurry to purchase from again....

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2019, 18:27 
Third post and above
Third post and above

The main problem with the listing date is that it is inaccurate. When I delete an item and re-list it at a lower price it will have a new listing date. The Listing Date doesn't let anybody know if you repriced the LD or if it's been sitting for years, just more confusion for the buyer. If you want to make a change what we need is the LAST UPDATED PRICE DISPLAY DATE. This will help with price updates. I have no problem if the buyer knows when I update a price. And I'm fine with someone making a best offer at fair market value with something I listed 10 years ago that I've yet to reprice. Still think we should have the option to display data we create or not. I exclusively use LDDB because I think it's the best source for the buyer.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2019, 20:15 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

laserblazer wrote:
The main problem with the listing date is that it is inaccurate. When I delete an item and re-list it at a lower price it will have a new listing date. The Listing Date doesn't let anybody know if you repriced the LD or if it's been sitting for years, just more confusion for the buyer. If you want to make a change what we need is the LAST UPDATED PRICE DISPLAY DATE. This will help with price updates. I have no problem if the buyer knows when I update a price. And I'm fine with someone making a best offer at fair market value with something I listed 10 years ago that I've yet to reprice. Still think we should have the option to display data we create or not. I exclusively use LDDB because I think it's the best source for the buyer.

So there isn't a way to lower the price without relisting the LD?

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2019, 21:43 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

xtempo wrote:
laserblazer wrote:

This seems like a big oversight. I adjust my prices on eBay frequently when something isn't selling. Having to relist would be annoying.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 00:01 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

laserblazer wrote:

I think I sell 1 LD here a year, Gypsy broke my record and bought 3? and I need to sell him another one that's sitting here.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 03:31 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I'm sure having either or both of "listed" and "last updated" wouldn't be too difficult.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2019, 09:24 
Site Admin
Site Admin

xtempo wrote:

=> Inventory or Shop view as the Seller => Edit => Save

Any time.

Julien

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2020, 09:13 
Site Admin
Site Admin

admin wrote:
I'm going on a trip for the next few days so, to cool things down, I disabled the "Added YY/MM" display for now.

I re-enabled the "Added: YYYY/MM" information but only in the shop's inventory, and only for the shop's owner.

It remains a private information.

Julien

Page 4 of 4 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4