It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:45

Page 24 of 76 [ 1502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 76  Next
 Post subject: Re: What have you been watching?
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2020, 18:10 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I watched Mission Impossible Fallout Thursday evening in 4K

Great picture and sound ATMOS was fine, althougfh I think I need to adjust the upfiring speakers a little.

Attachments:
MI FALLOUT.jpg
MI FALLOUT.jpg [ 10.34 KiB | Viewed 3111 times ]

Last edited by benmbe on 12 Jan 2020, 00:14, edited 1 time in total. _________________
Το ταξίδι για την αλήθεια κάθε σκάφος δεμένα, κατόπιν δεν είναι να ληφθούν, ή μάλλον βάδισαν

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2020, 19:11 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

Last week I purchased the criterion clv version of John Woo's The Killer , only cost me €7.

I've seen it a long time ago on dvd, but now I watched it for the first time on laserdisc.

Pq and aq were alright, but what a great movie! Honor, love and bullit hell, a killer combination!

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2020, 23:38 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

robinrobin wrote:
Last week I purchased the criterion clv version of John Woo's The Killer , only cost me €7.

I've seen it a long time ago on dvd, but now I watched it for the first time on laserdisc.

Pq and aq were alright, but what a great movie! Honor, love and bullit hell, a killer combination!

It's been on my wishlist for so long> I figure it's one of the movies you DO NOT want to risk DVD macroblocking with.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 00:32 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

While there are some films I will replace with DVDs the Criterion CAV Killer won't be one of those.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 07:13 
Private Resort, one of the freebies in the BD six pack featuring the Legend of Billie Jean and Little Nikita.
Was hoping for a care-free `80s blast, but the only thing in the eighties about it is the budget, which can't possibly have been more than 80k.
Every action shot and delivery smacks of a single take.
The T&A, if this is possible, is a waste of T&A.
If you told me the script was written by a bag of Cheetos I'd believe you.
The dialogue provided the female cast was so bad I felt worse for every actress with a speaking line than for those who only showed their g-string and their t**s.
Lines are frequently overdubbed for even the main actors.
Rob Morrow didn't act in another movie for a decade afterwards.

While it's quite possible this was a moneymaker in theaters and rental outlets due to the T&A it seems wholly impossible it was worth the cost of the BD transfer.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 07:50 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I'm the reverse Rein-O. I've actually had a decent DVD release of it for a long time but I definitely need that Criterion LD.

snipesbackhand wrote:
showed their g-string and their t**s.

sign me up :thumbup:

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 08:49 
True fan
True fan

Finally got around to watching the "What we do in the Shadows" TV series, very enjoyable, and I gotta say the characters might be better than the ones in the original movie (who all make a cameo in episode 7 of the series).

Excited for season 2.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2020, 12:31 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Rewatched Sonatine for the first time in a few years. Although my Japanese is decent I just cannot comprehend most oyaji slurred Japanese so my new genlock came in handy. First time I've used it on a feature, I needed to retime it on Side B but overall did an outstanding and seamless job.

Glad I've got the Japanese version, the US version cover for some reason is the image from Violent Cop, although the Tarantino monologue on Kitano sounds interesting.

Snipesbackahnd I highly recommend the t***ies in this flick to you. All natural, not perfect but firm and spectacular. Kind of a Japanese thing, seeing beauty in imperfection.

Sonatine (1993) [BELL-643]

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2020, 17:54 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Finally watched home alone 2 and back to the future with spdif digital audio. Very nice. Now i need to find a wide screen disc of back to the future 3 to complete my collection of that series and i'll be happy.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2020, 17:59 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Giant Robo on blu ray tonight. Had to get a hold of RS customer service to get them to ship this and the Galaxy Express tv series. It was being held up by an oos item in the order which had to actually be removed.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2020, 18:24 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

forper wrote:
I'm the reverse Rein-O. I've actually had a decent DVD release of it for a long time but I definitely need that Criterion LD.

snipesbackhand wrote:
showed their g-string and their t**s.

sign me up :thumbup:

I have read issue with DVDs of The Killer so that's why I said that.

GE999 don't know if you've seen it but its a really great show, hope you enjoy it.
I do feel that there are a few episodes that could be cut to tighten the show up but only a few.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2020, 19:32 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

rein-o wrote:

GE999 don't know if you've seen it but its a really great show, hope you enjoy it.
I do feel that there are a few episodes that could be cut to tighten the show up but only a few.

I have not seen a single episode of it, so this will be a brand new experience.

I've watched a lot of anime, so I'm definitely used to filler.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2020, 21:32 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

By today’s standards there’s almost no filler. You may not even detect it if you’re used to Naruto. :)

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2020, 22:32 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

signofzeta wrote:
By today’s standards there’s almost no filler. You may not even detect it if you’re used to Naruto. :)

Agree but I always felt some of the later episodes after the film was made had filler.
Only one that is coming to mind is the tarzan/jungle planet episode but its been about 8 or more years since I've watched the series, will
have to binge on it again, possibly watching that and macross7 at the same time :lol:

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2020, 22:53 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Macross 7...I don’t want to say it has filler exactly but it is way too long. The TV series.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2020, 23:49 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

signofzeta wrote:
Macross 7...I don’t want to say it has filler exactly but it is way too long. The TV series.

Well I haven't seen any of Macross 7 yet so I would be binging on both.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 00:36 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

rein-o wrote:
signofzeta wrote:

Well I haven't seen any of Macross 7 yet so I would be binging on both.

Get ready for the same recycled mediocre space combat footage about 7000 times. I think all the animation budget was put into animating the characters on 7, and sometimes not even them, just Mylene. The music is not bad in 7 after the first 12 episodes that repeat the same song over and over and the ending of the series has an easter egg for people wanting an end to Hikaru, Minmay and Misa's story. With all the bad in that show though the ending is not enough for me though so I discount it and don't consider the show true Macross canon.

Still watching Orguss, just finished episode 20. It's paced pretty slow, but each episode has its reason for existing so far. The animation quality drops in parts from about episode 17 but then you'll still suddenly get a very nicely done brand new shot of the Orguss cartwheeling behind some enemy mecha, transforming and blowing them away. Or you'll get a character interaction scene with an intricately designed alien kettle, I love how Japanese animators do that, put so much effort into seemingly mundane things.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 01:55 
forper wrote:
Rewatched Sonatine for the first time in a few years.

Snipesbackahnd I highly recommend the t***ies in this flick to you. All natural, not perfect but firm and spectacular. Kind of a Japanese thing, seeing beauty in imperfection.

Assuming you're not 100% joking, I'd like it on record that I'd never view Sonatine just for t**s. Also, I recollect them and the film in general fairly well from twenty odd years ago or whenever I saw it (twice, I think). I want to say Takeshi utters this line to a very mammate woman: "Indecent exposure is fun". Obviously that's the subtitling.
Hanabi is also quite a good film. I think there was another that followed more mainstream violent trends that broke the chain of my interest in his films--not that I don't watch a ton of mainstream and violent stuff, but Sonatine and Hanabi have a special artistic tone. (TLDR)

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 23:03 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

snipesbackhand wrote:
forper wrote:
Rewatched Sonatine for the first time in a few years.

Assuming you're not 100% joking, I'd like it on record that I'd never view Sonatine just for t**s. Also, I recollect them and the film in general fairly well from twenty odd years ago or whenever I saw it (twice, I think). I want to say Takeshi utters this line to a very mammate woman: "Indecent exposure is fun". Obviously that's the subtitling.
Hanabi is also quite a good film. I think there was another that followed more mainstream violent trends that broke the chain of my interest in his films--not that I don't watch a ton of mainstream and violent stuff, but Sonatine and Hanabi have a special artistic tone. (TLDR)

ok, yep that's the line. seen hanabi. kikujiro has the common theme in his films then of serious adults becoming kids and having a holiday mid film. first became a kitano fan after seeing his cameo in Tokyo Eyes. Became more of a Hinano fan tho ;)

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2020, 05:48 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Interrupted my Planet of the Apes marathon to watch/listen to my RUSH LD's and such since Neil Peart died very recently as of this post.

Digging EXIT: STAGE LEFT (1981), GRACE UNDER PRESSURE TOUR (1984), and A SHOW OF HANDS (Two shows in UK circa 1989).
Getting ready to plug in RUSH:CHRONICLES a collection of music videos they compiled from the 1970's through the 1980's.

Great stuff for a sad heart .......

Fare thee well Neil Peart ..... your rhythms will echo through eternity .......

hand on heart thank you for EVERYTHING brother ....

Page 24 of 76 [ 1502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 76  Next