It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:56

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Transit screw
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2020, 17:05 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

Hi guys

so I recently got a National DP-830
I knew that asking the seller to secure the transit screw was something important, so that"s what I did
though, admitting my silliness/ignorance, I don't even know where the screw is located

By the time I received it I even forgot about that
I loaded a disc, which plays absolutely fine, however I struggled a lot to insert it, now it is even stuck inside and can not eject it anymore
is it because I forgot to unlock the screw or did it get damaged during delivery?

oh and most importantly :D
where the heck is the screw located?

thanks a lot

Post subject: Re: Transit screw
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2020, 19:48 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I have it and it does not have a screw.

The player is old so it does need maintenance. so possibly not damage though I have trouble with playback with some titles but not all of mine. If I could figure out how to properly maintain it and do maintenance on it even preventive I would but I'm not technical and I have not found any information on either this one or the other broken one I have.

if it was damaged during shipping then how was the packaging? I got both from Buyee and they arrived without damage other than the listing itself on YAJ.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2020, 22:30 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Not sure about the exact player, but I've seen a similar thing somewhere on YouTube (don't recall the exact video right now) where discs would get stuck when loading and ejecting. The caused turned out to be hardened grease on the mechanism which handles the insertion/ejecting of discs. Simply giving it a quick clean and applying fresh silicone grease fixed it. Hope this helps.

BTW, the transit screw was a bright red screw where the stylus goes in on this particular player. Again, don't remember which player it was.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2020, 01:59 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

The transit screw holds the stylus sleigh in place. So if the disc plays then the transit screw was not set. Like muzer said, look for a red screw in the stylus area. My Victors have a plastic plug next the the stylus door for the transit screw.

My best guess from my own experience is that the stylus sleigh is not returning to its dock. Open it up and manually push the stylus sleigh all the way to the right. This is usually caused by old grease build up on the rails. It could be the belt that moves the sleigh is stretched (your unit may not have a belt) and will not push it past the old grease. The transit screw is usually spring loaded so I don't think it would be stopping the sleigh from returning to the dock but worth a check.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2020, 19:46 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

thanks guys
much, much appreciated

I opened it up and found that the inside lid got damaged, possibly during delivery
if I hold it in place everything works

I"ll make a few pics to help you understand it better
it seems the stylus assembly on National players is different than Victors

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]