It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 03:38

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: In need of a repair shop.
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2020, 22:02 
Third post and above
Third post and above

So I really need a repair shop to work on the mountain of players I keep buying that arrive in nonfunctional condition. It pointless buying another player that is advertised as "works great" or "issue free". I'm down a DVL 909, CLD S104 and a CLD V2600.

I don't want to part any of them out. I just want them to function. E3 errors, the DVL makes a grinding sound and the V2600 doesn't respond to any commands other than powering on. I'm not a repairman. I work 2.5 fulltime jobs, I don't have the time to figure them out, and I'm tired of this. Help me out please. Otherwise I'm tossing them all in the bin because so far it's been a fantastic way to waste $650.

Post subject: Re: In need of a repair shop.
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2020, 01:09 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

There are a couple users here that repaired players at some point in the past but I don't know of anyone taking on new repairs sadly. I need my LD-S1 repaired at some point, but haven't found anyone willing to do it.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2020, 10:47 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Recently i email Pioneer NZ asking if i ever needed support services for my R7G if they could help or recommend where to inquire, just for a laugh.
Repairs or services.
Didn't expect a reply to be honest.

"Thank you for contacting us with your repair enquiry. This model has not been sold in NZ so we could have difficulty sourcing parts and manuals for it.
Please forward your unit to Monaco Corporation Service Team, our address details are at the bottom of the email.

I forwarded my email to them, and had plenty of banter and laughs back and forth. :)
They locally do pioneer warranty repairs etc,

Long story short the guy i was emailing said Japan still has alot of spares and would look forward to servicing a LD player again just to show the apprenticeship workers and for nostalgia.
Said would be as easy as he can on the pocket.

Possibly worth a shot
iScan DUO Processor
Check out my small but loved collection here..

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2020, 11:24 
Third post and above
Third post and above

Gotcha. I was reimbursed on all of them and never sent a return shipping label for 2 of them so I just chucked them into the trash this morning. I probably could've got a few bucks for them on the ebay but honestly I'd rather just continue the demise of the mediums hardware and make the barrier to entry in LD a little harder for everyone else.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2020, 15:45 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

marantzdantz wrote:
Gotcha. I was reimbursed on all of them and never sent a return shipping label for 2 of them so I just chucked them into the trash this morning. I probably could've got a few bucks for them on the ebay but honestly I'd rather just continue the demise of the mediums hardware and make the barrier to entry in LD a little harder for everyone else.

Good for you, keep the value of my working players up :ugeek:

We really need to get rid of noob collectors like you so that the prices stay high.
Fools like you who buy 10 dollar players and b**ch about the picture quality must really stay away,

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2020, 17:26 
Third post and above
Third post and above

rein-o wrote:
marantzdantz wrote:

Good for you, keep the value of my working players up :ugeek:

We really need to get rid of noob collectors like you so that the prices stay high.
Fools like you who buy 10 dollar players and b**ch about the picture quality must really stay away,

Wow! That's pretty hostile. Did I offend you somewhere or someplace previously? I have nothing to do with prices being high. That's simple economics and I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you. I'm not purchasing $10 players and I'm not complaining about picture quality so you're clearly barking up the wrong tree. Why are you being aggressive? Because I tossed some broken players that I paid for with my own money that I was unwilling to stack up around my house because no one local is able to repair them and no one here will direct me to a reliable repair shop? Do you launch when people throw out broken lawnmowers or coffee makers? Lastly how are you planning on getting rid of me? Gonna run me off with more harsh language?

There's always one...

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2020, 19:19 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

jakeheke wrote:
Recently i email Pioneer NZ asking if i ever needed support services for my R7G if they could help or recommend where to inquire, just for a laugh.
Repairs or services.
Didn't expect a reply to be honest.

"Thank you for contacting us with your repair enquiry. This model has not been sold in NZ so we could have difficulty sourcing parts and manuals for it.
Please forward your unit to Monaco Corporation Service Team, our address details are at the bottom of the email.

I forwarded my email to them, and had plenty of banter and laughs back and forth. :)
They locally do pioneer warranty repairs etc,

Long story short the guy i was emailing said Japan still has alot of spares and would look forward to servicing a LD player again just to show the apprenticeship workers and for nostalgia.
Said would be as easy as he can on the pocket.

Possibly worth a shot

That's really reassuring to learn Jake, good on Pioneer too, I wonder had it been Sony you contacted what their response would have been?
JVC DLA-X7000BE
Lumagen Radiance 2144

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2020, 20:13 
True fan
True fan

marantzdantz wrote:
Wow! That's pretty hostile. Did I offend you somewhere or someplace previously? I have nothing to do with prices being high. That's simple economics and I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you. I'm not purchasing $10 players and I'm not complaining about picture quality so you're clearly barking up the wrong tree. Why are you being aggressive? Because I tossed some broken players that I paid for with my own money that I was unwilling to stack up around my house because no one local is able to repair them and no one here will direct me to a reliable repair shop? Do you launch when people throw out broken lawnmowers or coffee makers? Lastly how are you planning on getting rid of me? Gonna run me off with more harsh language?
There's always one...

I think rein-o is upset because you've barely been on the forum 5 minutes and you've already admitted to trashing two laserdisc players. Thats like blasphemy. :lol:

And then you have the cheek to come on here and write:
marantzdantz wrote:
I'd rather just continue the demise of the mediums hardware and make the barrier to entry in LD a little harder for everyone else.

Are you joking? I can appreciate that you paid for them and they didnt work but you shouldnt have chucked them. They could have been good parts machines, to help keep the laserdisc format going!

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2020, 21:27 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Don't confuse yourself, I was really thanking you more than insulting you or attacking you.

Comment about the 10 dollar player really wasn't to you but to others who have done the same as you just cheaper.

But that comment of "I'd rather just continue" was nasty in any respect.

Lets see what the 6th post brings :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2020, 00:44 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Trashing stuff like that does seem rather spiteful if anything :(
I mean come on, really? You can't fix them yourself and you can't find someone to fix them for you, so just throw them away hoping nobody else can use them for parts or maybe actually fix them.

I say hoping because anything that gets binned always has a chance, even if only slim (like if it goes in general household waste, which isn't allowed where I live anyway), of being found by someone.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]