It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:56

Page 50 of 64 [ 1277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 64  Next
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2020, 23:32 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Trying to triple (or more, I have no idea what you paid, I just know it wasn’t $1000) your money instantly is low behavior. If you don’t like people thinking those things about you then don’t do it. If your money is more important than your rep, keep at it and block the haters. You won’t be loved for doing scummy things except by scum.

I’m not “cheap” just because I don’t want to feed a gouger. I pay full price for import anime which his about as un-cheap as a person can get. I’ll pay $$$ to the creator of content but you create nothing but inflation so you deserve nothing but what you paid...and I’d pay that “cheap” price today...as if you’d ever let anything go without a profit. You probably get $0.11 for your empties.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2020, 23:52 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I've made money off the the LDs I've sold you in the past, you do know that right???

anyway To-y is not easy to find, been looking for a copy for the past 8 years with no luck and found one so I'm happy.
Saw the one listed for 15 thousand dollars and figured I would take a shot at making someone who want's it more than me happy.

wouldn't say I'm gouging but asking a high price for something that is not out there.
gouger - a person who swindles you by means of deception or fraud. chiseler, chiseller, defrauder, grifter, scammer, swindler.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2020, 04:22 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I feel like I missed some context here. Zeta jumps in with $1000 comment and the discussion blasts off from there. Lol.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2020, 10:35 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

No pre-show avocados. :cry: (3m02s)

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2020, 12:56 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

rein-o wrote:
I've made money off the the LDs I've sold you in the past, you do know that right???

anyway To-y is not easy to find, been looking for a copy for the past 8 years with no luck and found one so I'm happy.
Saw the one listed for 15 thousand dollars and figured I would take a shot at making someone who want's it more than me happy.

wouldn't say I'm gouging but asking a high price for something that is not out there.
gouger - a person who swindles you by means of deception or fraud. chiseler, chiseller, defrauder, grifter, scammer, swindler.

So is there a reason this disc is so expensive?

Problem with selling at too low a price is that the buyer is probably just gonna be a reseller who's just gonna flip it immediately at a higher price, so they'll be the ones making a profit instead of you.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2020, 15:19 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

takeshi666 wrote:
rein-o wrote:

So is there a reason this disc is so expensive?

Problem with selling at too low a price is that the buyer is probably just gonna be a reseller who's just gonna flip it immediately at a higher price, so they'll be the ones making a profit instead of you.

Yes but I can't really understand why its so high but I'm not going to give it away if the other listing is for 15 thousand.
Anyway figured out the shops that zeta will like more.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2020, 15:37 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

It sounds from what I gather would probably be popular today though I don't know about trends and those things. But I don't think punk ever went out of style.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2020, 22:00 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Its odd as to me its not really punk as we think of here in the west.

Anyway watching now on LD Black Magic M-66 (1987) [BEAL-109]
Surprisingly this has an amazingly clear image for a 1987 LD.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2020, 23:55 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Finally got to watch Your Name today. The animation is gorgeous. It looks great in 4K HDR too.

I enjoyed the film immensely and liked the way the first third felt a bit processional and then suddenly the film switches tracks. Very good film, I'll watch the Michael Fish and John Kettley blockbuster Weathering With You in the near future I think.

Side note, out of all of this blokes films that I've seen so far 5cm is my favourite, then Garden of Words and then Your Name.

5cm Per Second was utterly biblical.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2020, 10:18 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

teddanson wrote:
Finally got to watch Your Name today. The animation is gorgeous. It looks great in 4K HDR too.

I enjoyed the film immensely and liked the way the first third felt a bit processional and then suddenly the film switches tracks. Very good film, I'll watch the Michael Fish and John Kettley blockbuster Weathering With You in the near future I think.

Side note, out of all of this blokes films that I've seen so far 5cm is my favourite, then Garden of Words and then Your Name.

5cm Per Second was utterly biblical.

Agree, 5cm is also my favorite.
There is a "Global Edition" blu-ray from japan which includes some nice extras, order number CWF-0503.
And not to forget for the folks that like dead formats, there is also a HD-DVD :)

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2020, 15:09 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

my sister's been trudging through CYBERPUNK 2077 (PS4) and having quite the time swallowing down
the cartoonishly-extreme 1990's-Sex-and-Violence-addled way it handles it's genre.

she's no wilting flower, but we can both readily agree... the way this game presents it's world, is... TOXIC, to say the least.

that all said, she felt we needed a Cyberpunk reality-check, so i broke out the BUBBLEGUM CRISIS AnimEigo LDs once again,
indeed, just exactly the sort of tonic the doctor was calling for...

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2020, 17:28 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I need to upgrade my 5CM to blu ray. Shinkai is a master. Voices of a Distant Star makes me feel more than many full length movies. It's 25 minutes.

Been nibbling at longer shows already mentioned. Plan to watch Your Name and Millenium Actress on the projector soon.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2020, 21:59 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I should start watching the little I have of Ghilbli films Since I don't have all the ones from Gkids yet and all of them are in my storage unit that are from Disney. hopefully next year I could get the LD boxset or at least some LDs. Probably will watch Spirited Away.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2020, 23:11 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Just watched Cool Cool Bye [G78F5026]

And watched the first half of OZ/Natsumi Itsuki [VILF-24]
Later tonight or in the week I'll try to finish this.

Finished watching part 2 of OZ, very interesting but I wasn't able to focus on watching entirely so I'll give it another spin in the future.

Lots of Ten Ninety for the name of the ?android? character.

Last edited by rein-o on 28 Dec 2020, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2020, 23:36 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Moved

Last edited by teddanson on 28 Dec 2020, 10:29, edited 1 time in total. _________________
Blog: The Coterie / L'boxd: Diary
Pioneer CLD-R7G, CLD-D925 | Yamaha APD-2 | DVDO Edge, VP50 Pro

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2020, 00:29 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I don't think that's an anime...

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2020, 03:32 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Did my annual watch of Satoshi Kon's Tokyo Godfathers on Christmas day.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2020, 22:24 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

Finished the year with watching Darkside Blues. This needs a blu-ray at least I would upgrade though if its on LD I might get that.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2021, 00:26 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Just finished watching Hal on Blu Ray. Very pleasantly surprised by it too.

Thought it was going to be some old Mills and Boon saccharine soppy guff vomit but in actual fact it was a great little story slotted in to 60 minutes.

For 'modern anime' the animation standard was rather good. A few corners cut here and there but I guess it's understandable given it's not a big AAA cinema release? Some great art and voice acting on display here (though sadly let down by some lazy moments, maybe budget constraints? I don't know). The extras are nice too as you get to see how it was made. In fairness though with some of the ropey animation in places the team could have made an effort with the android design. It was a bit British Leyland.

There's room to flesh out the story too, it does feel a little threadbare for 60 mins, but on the other hand what is here already is actually like a nice little novella (a short book,not a Spanish soap opera).

Have to say I really enjoyed this one, far more than I anticipated. A real, genuine blind buy of an anime I knew absolutely nothing about. I only bought the thing to put my order over the freeshipping threshold. I think the packaging is misleading too, it really looks like it belongs on a the cover of Woman's Weekly. Bad marketing, it's not shojo material imho.

Glad i bought it now. Recommend this one to anyone, even people that don't watch anime.

https://www.alltheanime.com/products/ha ... collectors

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2021, 07:13 
Honest fan
Honest fan

teddanson wrote:
Just finished watching Hal on Blu Ray. Very pleasantly surprised by it too.

Thought it was going to be some old Mills and Boon saccharine soppy guff vomit but in actual fact it was a great little story slotted in to 60 minutes.

For 'modern anime' the animation standard was rather good. A few corners cut here and there but I guess it's understandable given it's not a big AAA cinema release? Some great art and voice acting on display here (though sadly let down by some lazy moments, maybe budget constraints? I don't know). The extras are nice too as you get to see how it was made. In fairness though with some of the ropey animation in places the team could have made an effort with the android design. It was a bit British Leyland.

That hits home man, the ever constant reminder of British Leyland lays at rest in my backyard. A motionless un-moving V12 reminder that I was utterly stupid, completely oblivious, and totally uninformed with my first car purchase. I had always thought Ford cars were the worst things on the road... but at least those things are on the road. British Leyland cars? No wonder you never see them! They're not rare, they're just all forever P.I.P. (Parked in Peace) at their final unexpected resting places where their misfortunate owners last parked them at leaving them stranded and bewildered as to what possibly broke this time! In the two years before I finally had to give up on it, due to the unfathomable constant repair bills, I had only managed to put just over two-hundred miles on the car... it spent almost eighteen months in repair shops in the two years I attempted to use it as my primary vehicle. Anyone want stylish looking 1970's lawn ornament? :think:

Page 50 of 64 [ 1277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 64  Next