It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:36

Page 3 of 3 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: [CLD-D704] CD Stuck with Buzzing Noise
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2021, 20:32 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I don’t see a belt on your loading motor. Is that correct?

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2021, 20:33 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

ldfan wrote:
I don’t see a belt on your loading motor. Is that correct?

Correct. I took it off in order to allow the tray to move freely when working on the unit.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2021, 20:56 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

It must something within the motor drive section. Here is a block diagram of the area.

See if you can locate the two IC's noted (IC-803 and IC-101) for starters. I would look on my player but it's packed away and have no time to get it out right now.

Maybe cplusplus or krbahr can reply as they both have more knowledge about this than me.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2021, 21:46 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Take a look at what Kurtis said here about the Side A/B switch and moving the pickup:
[CLD-D704] Disc stuck in player

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2021, 22:01 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

cplusplus wrote:
Take a look at what Kurtis said here about the Side A/B switch and moving the pickup:
[CLD-D704] Disc stuck in player

Kurtis was able to hop into this chat a while back and suggested the same to me before I took it to my friend. Both then and now, when I move the laser, it just goes right back to where it originally was. The only time I have not had this happen is when I took it to my friend and I went to test it out after he said the gears were worn. That time, the player worked great up until I went to take a laserdisc out that had played through sides A and B.

One thing I did notice when the laser went back into its place was that the mechanism seems to be tilted towards the blue tab Kurtis mentioned in the post you linked (note: the blue switch is in the same position as the person who posted on that post). I am unsure if you will be able to tell from this picture below, but in person, the mechanism is clearly tilted to the right. I am thinking this may have something to do with my issue since I think that may be forcing the laser to become stuck. As always, I appreciate everyone helping me out with this small side project!

EDIT: Forgot to post the picture, my apologies

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2021, 23:23 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

The pickup should not be there at all. It is stuck if that is the current position.

PostPosted: 01 May 2021, 00:32 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

The pickup did not finish the turn. You have to swing the arm on the left outward slightly and then turn the turn mechanism by rotating the pickup motor gear until properly aligned and then let the swing arm lock back in. The unit will not work when the pickup is on the middle of a turn.

PostPosted: 01 May 2021, 04:30 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

krbahr wrote:
The pickup did not finish the turn. You have to swing the arm on the left outward slightly and then turn the turn mechanism by rotating the pickup motor gear until properly aligned and then let the swing arm lock back in. The unit will not work when the pickup is on the middle of a turn.

I sincerely appreciate you chiming in here Kurtis! I am having a bit of trouble understanding what exactly you are saying since I am not too proficient with electronics, especially this model. With that being said, I just have a couple of questions on what you mean by the "arm on the left" as well as the "pickup motor gear". When you speak of those, I am just not 100% sure of what you are talking about. I would love to know more about just what these two pieces are so that I can identify them a little better when I go and do the adjustment.

PostPosted: 05 May 2021, 01:04 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

So I attempted to make sense of what Kurtis had said in his previous post and have attached a picture below to help guide you through what I did. I first unscrewed the bar at #2 in the picture and moved it around a bit. I then moved the motor with the gear at #1 in the picture. This allowed everything to straighten out a bit in the flip mechanism but something still looks out of place as shown in the second picture below. When I went to press the eject button, I got the exact same response as before. The piece of metal I point to, in the second picture below, does not allow the laser to move any further than that area. I believe there may be an issue with the position of the laser as I think if it gets rotated, the laser will be able to move freely. Again, I am not too sure and would love to hear any feedback on where to go from here.

Picture signifying #1 and #2

Picture showing metal bar stopping laser from moving forward

PostPosted: 07 May 2021, 02:54 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

luckyseven wrote:
The piece of metal I point to, in the second picture below, does not allow the laser to move any further than that area.

The mech is raised so it can be cleared. This unit has become really mistimed. Can try turning pulley to raise mech or unscrew that stopper.

PostPosted: 08 May 2021, 21:18 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

cplusplus wrote:
luckyseven wrote:
The piece of metal I point to, in the second picture below, does not allow the laser to move any further than that area.

The mech is raised so it can be cleared. This unit has become really mistimed. Can try turning pulley to raise mech or unscrew that stopper.

When you say turn the pulley, do you mean the loading belt?

PostPosted: 08 May 2021, 22:41 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Yes just don't force it if it becomes tough to turn. When it is lowered the pickup is supposed to be on it, so with it caught in the back like that it is really miss timed.

PostPosted: 11 May 2021, 00:15 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

cplusplus wrote:
Yes just don't force it if it becomes tough to turn. When it is lowered the pickup is supposed to be on it, so with it caught in the back like that it is really miss timed.

So I was able to turn the loading belt, however, the laser mechanism did not rise enough to go over that metal stopper. I yet again tried to turn the unit on and get the tray to release, but I had no response from the unit yet again. Before I take that metal stopper off, I just want to ask if there is anything else I could possibly do to get that mechanism back on the proper timing? I only ask because it seems like at this point, the unit won't be "back to normal" until that is the case, correct?

PostPosted: 28 May 2021, 04:30 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

Sorry to bump this topic, however, I was wondering if anyone could help me in figuring out a direction on how to fix this player at this point? I would have no problem sending it off if that could fix this unit. It's just frustrating because I had it working lol! I really appreciate all the help everyone has been so far!

PostPosted: 29 May 2021, 05:56 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

You should put where you are located to see if anyone is local to you.

PostPosted: 29 May 2021, 06:03 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

krbahr wrote:
You should put where you are located to see if anyone is local to you.

I'm located in Detroit, Michigan. My buddy who told me the gears were worn works at Northern Audio in Madison Heights. I know there is a place up in West Bloomfield called Ecotopia but I do no think Moses is geared to handed laserdisc players. From what I know, he is geared in handling amps, receivers, turntables, speakers, and cassette players. He even has even quite a small selection of CD players. Again, I would have no problem shipping it out if there is no way I can fix this myself, and once again thanks for all your help!

Page 3 of 3 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3