It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:47

Page 38 of 44 [ 863 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2022, 02:02 
True fan
True fan

therussian wrote:
Which youtubers ?

Don't know if that's a good idea to give out someone's personal information aka youtube without asking them. I also don't want to make the person feel bad. It's an honest mistake of them to hunt down new sealed laserdiscs unless they aren't spending a lot on them. However I'm pretty sure he said he spent either 80 or 100 dollars on one. Maybe he'll read this website and realize he needs to be careful. I've made the mistake of buying new sealed laserdiscs but got lucky mostly because the one's I probably bought were produced by pioneer. I paid either 70 or 80 bucks for a sealed copy of Demonic Toys in the past. At this time period there were no other Demonic Toys copies. Recently I've seen a couple pop up on Ebay that are open. I would have gotten one of those instead because I know i'ts risky buying sealed.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2022, 20:48 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Who cares, its a great idea since youtube is public, if it were a private video then that's another story.

If some doorknob is posting how smart they are by spending stupid money on discs then lets all know who they are so we can make some money off
them also.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2022, 15:33 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Well this could probably be the last Japanese laserdisc, or at least an LD bought from Japan, in a long time. Japan Post added Finland to their sh!tlist and now the only delivery options from Japan to Finland are DHL and surface, so the most expensive and the slowest ones - and a lot of online retailers don't even offer both.

...unless, of course, someone points me out to that other CGI box set on buyee again or something which I'd have to ship via DHL anyway.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2022, 18:00 
True fan
True fan

An epic package from https://www.lddb.com/account/lasercamp

Attachments:
275906471_808583193435976_917740096703147816_n.jpg
275906471_808583193435976_917740096703147816_n.jpg [ 477.28 KiB | Viewed 3420 times ]

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2022, 03:30 
Third post and above
Third post and above

Got all 4 LDs of Mr Bean from a guy in Adelaide, hopefully should be in in a few days.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2022, 22:03 
True fan
True fan

The Blob 1988 was a rotter and I believe seller lied to me about it being tested. He also wanted me to send the rotted disc back but I always find that annoying to do so I kind of convinced him to just refund me and he did so I didn't have to put it back in a box seal it up with a shipping label and then have USPS send a rotted disc back. He kind of confessed without confessing that he did not test it and probably doesn't have an ld player because he said he would have no use for a rotted disc because he wouldn't be able to sell to someone else. So yeah this sucks. I think I'm done tracking down the Blob 1988. It apparently is a known rotter. It's not the worst rot but it's definitely not how I would want to watch a movie with specs popping up often and consistently. All I've ever heard about this laserdisc is that it's a rotter and I guess it was foolish of me to think I could find a copy with no rot. The rot changed at times in the movie too. It would start off mild then get worse then go back to mild. The disc even shows the glue separating giving it a foggy look on the disc.

Edit: On the brighter side of things Netherworld seems to be a pretty good FullMoon release on laserdisc. I'm never disappointed by the video quality on Full Moon's laserdisc. The feature films are usually great looking prints and they always have extras. Usually the extras consist of interviews with the cast and so on and also selling other Full Moon products. I do find it funny that on the Netherworld laserdisc they are advertising vhs Full Moon movies. Pretty strange to advertise VHS on a Laserdisc. You would think they would be advertising other laserdisc Full Moon movies especially since I know Sub Species and Puppet Master were available on Laserdisc back then. The only complaint I've ever had about a Full Moon laserdisc is that I received a copy of Puppet Master with half the film pressed on it. However seller was cool and refunded me and let me keep the defective disc.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2022, 21:44 
True fan
True fan

Really pissed at myself for chasing after a sealed copy of Elvira and the auction went much higher than I expected probably because there's so many people that don't realize that sealed copies of laserdiscs risk the chance of being rotted up. Got it for 55 bucks and not happy since there's an unsealed copy for 30 plus tax on ebay that someone claims they tested and works great. What scares me is the fact that I learned that the same company that has a bunch of rotted Blob 1988 laserdiscs manufactured this Elvira disc so with my luck the glue might be separating on this sealed copy.

I also bought a copy of Rumpelstiltskin a movie I wanted on laserdisc for awhile but the prices were insane online. Someone was selling a New sealed copy of it for like 180-185 on ebay and it was the only one up then two other ones pop up. One for 130 plus tax and another for like 50 bucks plus shipping and tax. I jumped on the 50 dollar one and the seller listed as tested so if I have issues it will go back but he claims he scanned it and didn't see any rot. Funny story about Elvira is that my sister dressed up like her for one Halloween when we were kids and my Dad never forgot about it and mentions it when ever we watch this movie. I really hope this copy is laserdisc rot free because he'll enjoy watching it again on laserdisc. With the way Cassandra Peterson looks at the age of 70 I bet she could still get with younger guys if she chooses to do so. What a gorgeous looking woman and one with a sense of Humor. ;)

Attachments:
Elvira.jpeg
Elvira.jpeg [ 50.23 KiB | Viewed 3336 times ]
Rumpelstiltskin.jpeg
Rumpelstiltskin.jpeg [ 291.72 KiB | Viewed 3336 times ]

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2022, 20:24 
True fan
True fan

Elvira has been confirmed to be rot-free. There is no rot! I just inspected and captured the movie. Did not notice any rot. Also this is another weird laserdisc that did not run hot at all and even my capture device didn't run hot capturing this laserdisc. This is strange. I do not know why some laserdiscs run hot and others do not. I did notice a slight scratch on the part of the laserdisc that is not read the inner circle and I was worried that maybe that slight scratch crack would let air in causing rot. It did not though and the only specs I notice was natural noise in the blue sky scenes early in the movie. That is not rot I don't believe and if it is it's there for a whole 10 or 15 seconds but it looked like natural film print noise to me. :clap:

Also the seller was kind and gave me a free copy of Grumpy Old Men which was also sealed. I guess he or she was also worried that Elvira could have been a rotter. I looked this laserdisc up on ldb and one user said their copy had light rot and another said they had extreme rot critical which means unwatchable. I am lucky I am rot free entirely. I was really paranoid that this was going to be a rotter because I believe it's the same company that manufactured The Blob 1988 and they manufactured these two laserdiscs around the same time so I thought I was going to be in trouble. With that said there is slight stickiness around the disc which I don't know if that's an indication that in the future this could rot because could that be the cheap glue they used or is that something else?

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2022, 19:19 
True fan
True fan

Don't know if this movie is any good but the laserdisc sells for 50 dollars or more normally. I was able to snag it for under 18 dollars. So got a pretty good deal on it. Cover is interesting looking and this movie has Vincent Price in it. On laserdisc and vhs this movie was called The Offspring and on blu-ray it's called something else. I can't think of the name at the moment and too lazy to google. Just popped this into my LX-H670 which is always set-up unlike my lx-900 and it seems to be producing a pretty good picture. Can't fully judge it just yet though because this LCD tv I'm using which is 41 or 42 inches makes all laserdiscs look good and has the composite parts built into the tv so it's obviously made to make composite look great. It's an older Sharp Aquos tv or whatever it is called. I was given this years ago by I believe our Mail Lady.

This isn't the title I originally wanted. I want Tourist Trap on laserdisc but the auction went too high about 130 dollars and I blew off this same seller but let him know immediately I couldn't afford it and i think someone paid like 110 dollars or 120 dollars for it with a second chance offer. I can't believe someone was willing to spend that much on a laserdisc. I literally seen Tourist Trap laserdisc sell for about 55 dollars less than half a year ago on ebay and now there's a ridiculous price jump up to 110-130 dollars. Unfreakingbelievable and I really wanted that in my collection and was even offer the seller blurays and other laserdiscs that overvalued it by a lot but I think he had already offered a second chance offer to someone else.

Attachments:
the offspring.jpeg
the offspring.jpeg [ 296.28 KiB | Viewed 3261 times ]

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2022, 21:22 
True fan
True fan

So much goodness in one day.

Attachments:
IMG_E8816.JPG
IMG_E8816.JPG [ 463.79 KiB | Viewed 3242 times ]

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2022, 17:50 
True fan
True fan

Seller listed Ernest Goes to Camp as working but I have to wait and find out. Hopefully there's no issues with it. Finally completed my Ernest Collection. Out of all the Ernest movies this was one of the hardest ones to find in my opinion. The easiest Ernest movie to find is probably Ernest goes to Jail which frequently pops up online. After that I've seen Ernest Saves Christmas often enough and then Ernest Scared Stupid. Both Ernest Scared Stupid and Ernest Goes to Camp seem to be the hardest Ernest movies to find. I think Ernest Goes to Camp is the rarest of the bunch. I've only seen it pop up twice in recent History. Previous a copy showed up for like 12-13 bucks online and I wanted to get it but I waited and someone got it before me but that copy's cover was banged up from what i remember. This Copy obviously isn't but this copy cost over 30 bucks. Would have preferred to get the 12-13 dollar one plus tax even though the Cover on that one was messed up.

Don't like shelling crazy amounts of money for movies but Ernest movies such as Ernest saves Christmas, Ernest scared stupid, and now the rarest of the bunch Ernest Goes to Camp typically are around the 30 dollar price range as of lately. Ernest movies are probably not easy to sell if someone asks for a lot more than 30 bucks. I think I have seen Ernest saves Christmas selling on Ebay for 40 or 50 bucks but don't know if it actually sold at that price. I'd imagine someone would have to come down a little bit. Who knows though because laserdisc collecting is quite strange. Prices might go up and down and up. I can't see rarer Ernest movies really selling for much less than 30 if the cover isn't banged up. Heck with how rare Ernest Goes to Camp seems to be on laserdisc maybe that one might sell for a bit more than 30 even with the copy someone bought that had the banged up cover. The Cover on this one looks pretty good.

Honestly wish I wasn't spending so much $$$ on laserdiscs lately but when something obscure pops up I'm forced to get it just because I know it might not pop up again and if it does pop up again who knows what prices people will be asking for it then since some laserdiscs people asks for hundreds of dollars for. I also picked up a very rare VHS movie called Trapped 1989. There's vhs captures of this movie online but they're very bad quality and I know VHS isn't the greatest quality to begin with but it looks like the capture device people were using weren't good and I couldn't tell if they had copied it off tv or if it was actually from the VHS itself. There were people watching both these movies and I was paranoid if I didn't jump on it that it probably wouldn't be up on Ebay for very long. In the past I have waited and then someone else snags the copy of the movies i'm interested in collecting. Trapped is currently selling on Amazon for over 90 dollars is the asking price! I did not pay that insane price. This copy of Trapped was around 30 bucks after I talked the seller down 4 dollars. He stated that the VHS was tested and he did see any damage on the tape and that the tape played great. Trapped also came with another movie that I really don't give a damn about since the other movie is common. A movie called Evidence of Blood which I think is on Youtube.

Attachments:
ernest.jpeg
ernest.jpeg [ 338.72 KiB | Viewed 3184 times ]
trapped.jpeg
trapped.jpeg [ 27.07 KiB | Viewed 3184 times ]

PostPosted: 04 May 2022, 16:52 
True fan
True fan

Epic new arrivals.

Attachments:
IMG_E8922.JPG
IMG_E8922.JPG [ 488.21 KiB | Viewed 3109 times ]

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2022, 09:04 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

I bought Moroder Metropolis. Is the Japanese version and it is the sample disc. I couldn't pass it up for 15 dollars. Cover has a bent corner, but its still in its original wrap and has the OBI but it isn't sealed.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2022, 15:38 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

After a long break, got some new discs, and I'm not sure I needed to get any of them.

Oh well, at least they were cheap. Blade Runner was around $2.50 and Star Wars about $15, making it probably the cheapest SW LD I've ever seen, the old full frame releases included.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2022, 06:28 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Haha, I recently bought that Blade Runner one, too. I have the movie in at least six other versions on four different media (including LD), so it's not like I needed it either. I think I just bought it for the fact that I like the cover :lol:

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2022, 10:13 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Picked up a copy of EXISTENZ [18115 AS] recently from international dealer.
Jacket is chowdered and disc has lots of fine hairlines, however worth price to add this Cronenberg gem to shelves.
Definitely an odd tale. Liked William Dafoe's character "gas".
In an era of breakthrough gaming via multiple verses, this movie takes one "there".... imo !

Cheers mates !

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2022, 16:07 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Thx for that, Existenz was streaming and I caught a few minutes, cronenberg is a take it or leave it to me but he picks stories that have a specific take
on what is about to happen in the future with an odd grotesque style added.

Need to sit and watch it if its streaming again, I'm not a super fan of how Jude Law was acting in that film, too fake naive for me.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2022, 05:09 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

rein-o wrote:
Thx for that, Existenz was streaming and I caught a few minutes, cronenberg is a take it or leave it to me but he picks stories that have a specific take
on what is about to happen in the future with an odd grotesque style added.

Need to sit and watch it if its streaming again, I'm not a super fan of how Jude Law was acting in that film, too fake naive for me.

I read you re : Jude Law.
In his defense, very early in his career. Wasn't GATTICA his first film a tad before existence?
I know he appeared quite young in those films early on ......

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2022, 17:54 
True fan
True fan

Arrivals this week.

Attachments:
299650131_124712480303536_2380163424520750631_n.jpg
299650131_124712480303536_2380163424520750631_n.jpg [ 477.28 KiB | Viewed 2519 times ]
299820685_125234570251327_1259499482697670029_n.jpg
299820685_125234570251327_1259499482697670029_n.jpg [ 461.86 KiB | Viewed 2519 times ]

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2022, 17:29 
True fan
True fan

Crazy a** me needed this pervy movie in my collection to see a young Brigitte Bako nakey in the highest definition possible. I paid a whopping 144.10 plus a 6.95 dollar gift card!!! Insanity how much gift cards sell for now a days at Walgreens! Keep in mind many of you may not know this but I had to actually walk, jog, or run to my local Walgreens to buy a gift card because I don't drive. I've seen this movie pop up only one other time online and it was selling for $20 a great price compared to what I paid for and I bought it then and seller claimed that they already sold it and didn't know why listing was up. Then I had to wait a year later for this movie to finally pop up on ebay with me searching daily for it and the seller on an auction was asking for $130 plus shipping and after tax it came to $144.10. I was paranoid someone might fight me for it and luckily no one did because i'm not sure i would have paid much more for it even though I had a ridiculous max bid on it. Won't even dare say what had on it but I probably may have had to bow out if it went any higher!

Page 38 of 44 [ 863 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 44  Next