It is currently 08 Dec 2019, 10:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]




 Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New Amazon Sales Listing For Day After Tomorrow DTh.
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2013, 18:50 
User avatar
I have been looking for a brand new and sealed copy of several DTh titles including The Day After Tomorrow for 2-3 years to complete my collection.
I regularly search here, ebay, amazon, half for the missing titles and earlier this month I found/bought/received a sealed copy of DAT from an Amazon marketplace seller (for an inflated price-but supply and demand...).

However when I look here at Day After Tomorrow, The (2004) [2225537] the new amazon listing does not show up, while if you travel here http://www.amazon.com/The-Day-After-Tomorrow-D-VHS/dp/B0002XVSL0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377452895&sr=8-1&keywords=day+after+tomorrow+dvhs you can see a new listing. Does this site not really present listings or is DTh dead and forgotten?

Additionally-If anyone knows where I can get sealed copies of the following I would appreciate it:
Needed D-Theater Titles (Only Brand New & Sealed):
1. 2 Fast 2 Furious - 2.35:1 - 6/29/04 – Universal – 108m – DTS – 096896273536
2. Bourne Identity, The - 2.35:1 - 12/16/03 - Universal – 119m – DD – 096896246332
3. Courage Under Fire - 1.85:1 - 4/15/03 - Fox – 116m - DD – 024543077473
4. Daredevil - 2.35:1 - 7/29/03 - Fox – 103m – DD – 024543084075
5. Meet Joe Black - 1.85:1 - 6/24/03 - Universal – 180m – DD – 096896129536
6. Scorpion King, The - 2.35:1 - 6/29/04 - Universal – 92m – DTS – 096896273338
7. Speed - 2.35:1 - 12/16/03 - Fox - 115m – DTS - 024543101017
8. True Lies - 2.35:1 - 12/16/03 - Fox – 145m – DTS - 024543100980
9. Digital Video Essentials: 720p - 1.78:1 – 6/10/03 - Joe Kane/DVD International – 145m – DD - 647715300430
  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Amazon Sales Listing For Day After Tomorrow DTh.
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2013, 21:40 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan
User avatar

Joined: 02 Apr 2006, 21:20
Posts: 1604
Location: United States
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 20 times
do you have a copy of the demo DVHS ? I saw a bunch year or so ago and now I can't seem to find a decent copy that's reasonable for some reason.
_________________
DVD&BDs | LD/DVHS Collection | Criterion
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Amazon Sales Listing For Day After Tomorrow DTh.
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2013, 04:11 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 23:37
Posts: 2590
Location: Tokyo
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 185 times
qz3fwd wrote:
However when I look here at Day After Tomorrow, The (2004) [2225537] the new amazon listing does not show up, while if you travel here http://www.amazon.com/The-Day-After-Tomorrow-D-VHS/dp/B0002XVSL0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377452895&sr=8-1&keywords=day+after+tomorrow+dvhs you can see a new listing. Does this site not really present listings or is DTh dead and forgotten?


Hello!

LDDb.com is not meant to shadow other websites' listings and the Shops here can offer LDs for now -- until I find the time to code the multi-format in shops. Will also add some other of my favorite ill-fated formats such as dts CDs and SACD that I'm also collecting.

Couldn't do it this week-end as I was attending Metallica's show in Singapore -- haven't seen them in 20 years! -- and recovering the next day from too much screaming and head-banging :twisted:

Julien
_________________
LDDb on Facebook!
HLD-X9 | LG-1 | RFD-1 | MSC-4000 | Lumagen 2144
DHS-8.8 | Oppo 205 | SL-1200G
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Amazon Sales Listing For Day After Tomorrow DTh.
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2013, 22:09 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan
User avatar

Joined: 10 Oct 2006, 17:10
Posts: 3751
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Julien, get some earplugs to easy the pressure of the screaming yelling and whistling and the pa system as you might end up with tinnitus, which is no joy.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Amazon Sales Listing For Day After Tomorrow DTh.
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2013, 08:57 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 05 Dec 2006, 19:08
Posts: 1098
Location: Belgium
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Those prices are really :shock: .
I got True lies for about 30USD mint condition.
The ninth gate went for 25USD.
Only copy that took some money was Alien but I wanted it so price didn't matter to me. Just this one title I was thinking... what the ... ;)

Won't be easy finding (sealed) copies.
I have around 65 dtheater titles. got my player with around 56 new copies many of them sealed!
Purchased True Lies, The ninth gate, Alien , I robot some time ago from Amazon and ebay.
They we're cheap and in mint condition :thumbup:
I do prefer sealed movies but sometimes there's no other way getting a movie so I took the chance. worked out just fine for me.
When I purchased my first hm-dh30000u player it came with about 60 titles most of them sealed so I got lucky .
recently got me the HM-DH5u for dts playback.
It sounds great with True Lies and I robot.
A word of advice...
The hdmi output on the hm-dh5u isn't really great. a friend of mine owns the same machine, he warned me about the hdmi thing :shock: He was right.
Takes some time to handshake with my other equipment. Disconnected HDMI and went for YUV(component out) along with the optical output for dts.
dts only works trough the optical output using the stream setting. No hdmi dts stream output! Maybe that's why my amp got confused choosing audio signal and handshaking!
Works like a charm now :clap:
instant picture and sound now! I don't notice a diff. in PQ with either connections.

Happy chase on the dtheater titles
_________________
CLD-D925
LD-V4400
CLD-959
Lexicon LDD-1
Lumagen Radiance XD
SR-7007
RMB-1585
DMP-UB900
TX-58DX780E
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Amazon Sales Listing For Day After Tomorrow DTh.
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2013, 21:43 
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate
User avatar

Joined: 16 May 2009, 18:05
Posts: 3062
Location: MA USA
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 53 times
Hi Kris,

I own HM-DH40000U and HM-DH5U units. Both bitstreams DTS. 5U unit has HDMI out and it bitstreams DTS thru HDMI as well AC-3 and PCM 2ch. 40000U only has component out and optical out. 40000U is a more capable recorder, it has slower speeds(longer time on single cassette) that other D-VHS machines don't.
HDMI on 5U and 100U are profile 1.1. If your receiver is profile 1.4(if it passes 4k/3D, it is 1.4) that is what's causing the handshake issues. It is very common on the sound part.
.1 was added to profile 1.0 for audio capabilities and it wasn't very well implemented as far as handshake goes. It works OK with 1.1, 1.2 profile TV and receivers, minor issues with 1.3(long time handshaking) and usually audio issues with profile 1.4.
You can run HDMI and optical audio together if your receiver has assignable inputs(most mid to high end AVRs do).

HDMI output is 1080i 59.94 frame in component 4:2:2 on HM-DH5U. Actual recording on the tape is 1080i 59.94 frame in component 4:2:0.

for component out signal is up sampled to 4:2:2(same for hdmi) then converted to analog(extra step here) RGB then your receiver or TV converts it back to digital then depends on how your TV or AVR processes video there might be one extra conversion here(most TVs process video in YUV) then last step convert and up sample digital feed into RGB 4:4:4 if not already converted (all digital displays can only show RGB 4:4:4 on screen)

As you can see, HDMI out needs less number of conversions between your source and display therefor is less prone to conversion errors/loss. In real world most people can not tell the difference between component and hdmi for 1080i.

I am running HM-DH5U HDMI into Algolith Mosquito HDMI analog/digital video noise reducer. Mosquito HDMI into Crystalio II VPS-3800 video processor which is also HDMI profile 1.1. I run Crystalio II VPS-3800 HDMI output directly into my Pioneer Plasma and run digital optical cable from Crystalio II into McIntosh A/C control center(pre-pro amp).

I am also running separate composite cable and RCA audio interconnects between JVC deck and Crystalio II video processor. I use composite input for regular VHS tapes. This way I keep the signal in analog domain and use Crystalio II VPs superb analog to digital conversion and TBC afterwards.

I tried both HDMI and composite for regular VHS, there is significant difference in picture quality. Composite is very smooth and hdmi out is very pixelated/digitized.

I suspect JVC deck digitizes video to convert to component/hdmi hence the pixilation and loss of smooth analog look. I suggest you use both hdmi and optical out unless and also use separate composite out into your VP/AVR/Display for regular VHS tapes if you have any.
_________________
Wanted
HD-VMD Discs
Hi-Vision/Muse Discs Only complete/mint!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Amazon Sales Listing For Day After Tomorrow DTh.
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2013, 10:10 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 05 Dec 2006, 19:08
Posts: 1098
Location: Belgium
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 1 time
substance wrote:
Hi Kris,

I own HM-DH40000U and HM-DH5U units. Both bitstreams DTS. 5U unit has HDMI out and it bitstreams DTS thru HDMI as well AC-3 and PCM 2ch. 40000U only has component out and optical out. 40000U is a more capable recorder, it has slower speeds(longer time on single cassette) that other D-VHS machines don't.
HDMI on 5U and 100U are profile 1.1. If your receiver is profile 1.4(if it passes 4k/3D, it is 1.4) that is what's causing the handshake issues. It is very common on the sound part.
.1 was added to profile 1.0 for audio capabilities and it wasn't very well implemented as far as handshake goes. It works OK with 1.1, 1.2 profile TV and receivers, minor issues with 1.3(long time handshaking) and usually audio issues with profile 1.4.
You can run HDMI and optical audio together if your receiver has assignable inputs(most mid to high end AVRs do).

HDMI output is 1080i 59.94 frame in component 4:2:2 on HM-DH5U. Actual recording on the tape is 1080i 59.94 frame in component 4:2:0.

for component out signal is up sampled to 4:2:2(same for hdmi) then converted to analog(extra step here) RGB then your receiver or TV converts it back to digital then depends on how your TV or AVR processes video there might be one extra conversion here(most TVs process video in YUV) then last step convert and up sample digital feed into RGB 4:4:4 if not already converted (all digital displays can only show RGB 4:4:4 on screen)

As you can see, HDMI out needs less number of conversions between your source and display therefor is less prone to conversion errors/loss. In real world most people can not tell the difference between component and hdmi for 1080i.

I am running HM-DH5U HDMI into Algolith Mosquito HDMI analog/digital video noise reducer. Mosquito HDMI into Crystalio II VPS-3800 video processor which is also HDMI profile 1.1. I run Crystalio II VPS-3800 HDMI output directly into my Pioneer Plasma and run digital optical cable from Crystalio II into McIntosh A/C control center(pre-pro amp).

I am also running separate composite cable and RCA audio interconnects between JVC deck and Crystalio II video processor. I use composite input for regular VHS tapes. This way I keep the signal in analog domain and use Crystalio II VPs superb analog to digital conversion and TBC afterwards.

I tried both HDMI and composite for regular VHS, there is significant difference in picture quality. Composite is very smooth and hdmi out is very pixelated/digitized.

I suspect JVC deck digitizes video to convert to component/hdmi hence the pixilation and loss of smooth analog look. I suggest you use both hdmi and optical out unless and also use separate composite out into your VP/AVR/Display for regular VHS tapes if you have any.



And so we learn every day... :clap:
I connected the HM-DH5u using component out and optical out for dts on my sr-7007.
Works like a charm. I did suspect something about the hdmi out. I don't like handshaking problems so I gave up on the hdmi out.
True , I don't notice any diff. in PQ. with hdmi or Yuv
Happy for now about it :thumbup:
I set up my jvc with the stream option in the sound output menu. Isn't that the only way to hear both DD or dts (selectable)
I got my player recently in good condition with the manual missing. No problem since it can be found online but it really isn't very specific about sounds formats IMHO

Thank you for sharing this info :thumbup:
Hope to hear from you
_________________
CLD-D925
LD-V4400
CLD-959
Lexicon LDD-1
Lumagen Radiance XD
SR-7007
RMB-1585
DMP-UB900
TX-58DX780E
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Amazon Sales Listing For Day After Tomorrow DTh.
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2013, 10:36 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 05 Dec 2006, 19:08
Posts: 1098
Location: Belgium
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 1 time
I'll hook up the hdmi later this evening and see how the optical output goes...
No problem to assign an optical in using hdmi for video so it should work.
I didn't try that out when I decided to simply hook up the Yuv since hdmi "confused" my Marantz sr7007
I'll keep you posted about the results.
Never had any use for these players as recorders. I live in the Land of PAl :o
Only use the player(s) for their Dtheater capabilities.
I found most revieuws on the first gen. hm-dh30000u to be bad most of the time.
I guess it are the recording capabilities that make it a bad revieuwed machine. I didn't even touched the rec button on the player(s)
I have no complaints about that player other than lacking the dts output.
It has very low use (about 30 hours) :thumbup:
The seller was an early adopter but never found the time to actually watch all the movies he bought at the time.
I love my hm-dh5u for it's performances but the 30000u has the looks ;)

I do rewind my tapes on a regular vhs player I had sitting in the attic. Afraid of breaking down sooner or later.
won't be easy getting a dvhs player fixed in Belgium. Thinking about buying a spare parts machine for both models I own :crazy:
_________________
CLD-D925
LD-V4400
CLD-959
Lexicon LDD-1
Lumagen Radiance XD
SR-7007
RMB-1585
DMP-UB900
TX-58DX780E
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Amazon Sales Listing For Day After Tomorrow DTh.
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 10:51 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 05 Dec 2006, 19:08
Posts: 1098
Location: Belgium
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Substance,

No luck on the combined hdmi-optical output.
I guess My Marantz doesn't like Hm-dh5u machines with hdmi outputs :)
Decided to keep things simple and returned to the Component-optical solution with great results. No issues at all.

Snapped another dtheater player from ebay this week.
Hm-Dh30000u in cosmetical good condition. It outputs sound but no image is displayed :(
Black screen all the way.
I got it dead cheap missing the remote but came with the T2 tape.
I bought it for spare parts anyway so no harm done. Not a dissapointment.
I'm sure one day some spare parts will come in handy.
With two working players I'm good to go for the next few years anyway.
_________________
CLD-D925
LD-V4400
CLD-959
Lexicon LDD-1
Lumagen Radiance XD
SR-7007
RMB-1585
DMP-UB900
TX-58DX780E
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Amazon Sales Listing For Day After Tomorrow DTh.
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 15:15 
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate
User avatar

Joined: 16 May 2009, 18:05
Posts: 3062
Location: MA USA
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 53 times
Did you use component video? Other outputs shows no video when dtheaters played. Composite and svideo are active on regular tape only
_________________
Wanted
HD-VMD Discs
Hi-Vision/Muse Discs Only complete/mint!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Amazon Sales Listing For Day After Tomorrow DTh.
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 16:54 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 05 Dec 2006, 19:08
Posts: 1098
Location: Belgium
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Yep yuv component! No video there, i do get sound :think:
not even possible to acces the menu settings ...
_________________
CLD-D925
LD-V4400
CLD-959
Lexicon LDD-1
Lumagen Radiance XD
SR-7007
RMB-1585
DMP-UB900
TX-58DX780E
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Amazon Sales Listing For Day After Tomorrow DTh.
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 17:40 
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate
User avatar

Joined: 16 May 2009, 18:05
Posts: 3062
Location: MA USA
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 53 times
I hope you paid $20 bucks for it then because t2 is worth thst much:)
_________________
Wanted
HD-VMD Discs
Hi-Vision/Muse Discs Only complete/mint!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Amazon Sales Listing For Day After Tomorrow DTh.
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 17:50 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 05 Dec 2006, 19:08
Posts: 1098
Location: Belgium
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 1 time
substance wrote:
I hope you paid $20 bucks for it then because t2 is worth thst much:)


I paid about 60USD for the player with the tape realizing it may be a faulty machine at that price. Never been to keen on getting a machine shipped but for that price I figured ... Why not? the worst to happen is having a faulty machine. I like to pick up the player(s) I buy anyway. Picky about cosmetics :shh: :)
E-mailed the seller that the player didn't show a picture this morning.
Good news... Seller refunded my money just today and I get to keep it all :thumbup:
I did buy the player for mechanical spare parts if the day would come.
It's loading mechanism and PS board are in top condition. Not to mention the buttons , front panel parts etc....

I watched T2 some time ago on dtheater (I already owned a copy) it isn't top notch PQ I know :shh:

The best tape I've seen is I robot. Top quality sound and picture.
_________________
CLD-D925
LD-V4400
CLD-959
Lexicon LDD-1
Lumagen Radiance XD
SR-7007
RMB-1585
DMP-UB900
TX-58DX780E
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Amazon Sales Listing For Day After Tomorrow DTh.
PostPosted: 29 May 2014, 19:07 
User avatar
Update: I only need the following titles after finding new/sealed copies of the others!

Needed D-Theater Titles (Only Brand New & Sealed):
1. 2 Fast 2 Furious - 2.35:1 - 6/29/04 – Universal – 108m – DTS – 096896273536
6. Scorpion King, The - 2.35:1 - 6/29/04 - Universal – 92m – DTS – 096896273338
8. True Lies - 2.35:1 - 12/16/03 - Fox – 145m – DTS - 024543100980

Long live linear High Definition tape. HaHa....
  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Amazon Sales Listing For Day After Tomorrow DTh.
PostPosted: 29 May 2014, 22:25 
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate
User avatar

Joined: 16 May 2009, 18:05
Posts: 3062
Location: MA USA
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 53 times
Scorpion king will be the hardest to find. People tend to ask a lot for it. I found a copy for $40 a few months ago. There was a dude asking $250 for it. 2 fast 2 furious and true lies are also expensive tapes but at least they show up for sale time to time.
_________________
Wanted
HD-VMD Discs
Hi-Vision/Muse Discs Only complete/mint!
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: