It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:15

Page 13 of 15 [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Regular non-paying buyer 'cararte'
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2015, 20:39 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

substance wrote:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/37-video-processors/#/forumsite/3207/topics/2245986?page=1

Here is cararte (back to the sound is his new alias) with his new budget ($250,000) for his new home theater. Maybe he hit the lottery:) or he ripped someone off big time. All I know is he was trying to sell his beloved hi-vision collection a few weeks ago.

What's his new name on the forum?

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2015, 22:20 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

laserdisc_fan wrote:
substance wrote:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/37-video-processors/#/forumsite/3207/topics/2245986?page=1

Here is cararte (back to the sound is his new alias) with his new budget ($250,000) for his new home theater. Maybe he hit the lottery:) or he ripped someone off big time. All I know is he was trying to sell his beloved hi-vision collection a few weeks ago.

"Back_to_the_sound" is his new name. He tried to sell me his D-theater and Hi-vision collection. His location gave him away, see the conversation on the screen capture.

Attachments:
Cararte.jpg
Cararte.jpg [ 118.09 KiB | Viewed 9120 times ]

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2015, 02:10 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

substance wrote:
laserdisc_fan wrote:
substance wrote:

"Back_to_the_sound" is his new name. He tried to sell me his D-theater and Hi-vision collection. His location gave him away, see the conversation on the screen capture.

Lol.

I read so much about this guy. But to be honest, I have never read anyone that got ripped of in person. Do anyone know anyone ? And I mean somebody that lost money, not any canceled deals.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2016, 21:00 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

"I hope life gives you all you deserve and all you look for.
I am the kind of person that wishes even more to others of what they wish to me.
Don't worry i am here to wish you 100 times more to you, than you wish to me.
Good Luck in Life and i hope your dream of having a mint Hi-Vision collection one day is complete as you desire, fight for it, go for it, never give up because the discs are out there.
A big Hug and Take care of yourself."

I recieved this above message today from cararte from his ebay account laserdisc_80s to my ebay account. I don't know why but it's interesting. Did anyone else receive this message?

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2016, 19:43 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

johan184 wrote:
Lol.

I read so much about this guy. But to be honest, I have never read anyone that got ripped of in person. Do anyone know anyone ? And I mean somebody that lost money, not any canceled deals.

A friend of mine bought a laserdisc from him on eBay. Expensive, rare late release, still sealed. He was slow and pretended to ship it in the end. Timed everything just enough so he couldn't get negative feedback. Disc never showed up, and the title got relisted at a higher price. Thankfully PayPal took action when contacted and moved the money back.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2016, 21:03 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Funny enough, he is now looking for a brand new HLD-X9 or X0. He was selling his players and discs merely weeks ago.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2016, 23:49 
True fan
True fan

In this case I recommend this guy here. He frequently sells (this?) X9, both on ebay and quoka.de (kind of a craigslist here in Germany). This auction here: http://www.ebay.de/itm/252280075286?_tr ... EBIDX%3AIT ended and another X9 pops up under a different sellers name here: http://www.ebay.de/itm/182024051497?_tr ... EBIDX%3AIT
I am not sure what to think of it, there is even a warning from a german user on quoka.de, telling that after the deal is done, the seller wants the transaction done through money order (not paypal), money gone, never delivered the player. The name on a copy of the passport the seller send (for the confirmation of the transaction)was used for other criminal activities verified by the police.
Here are some links with the same player, all selling under different names:
http://www.quoka.de/hifi-audio-tv-video ... laser.html

Happy buying ;)

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2016, 00:08 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I would rather not buy from someone who speaks "babelfish german".
It would look more professional if he just used an English description in his auctions.
And importing from Russia might be just as painful as importing from japan or USA.
In this political atmosphere maybe more painful that that even.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2016, 00:36 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

johan184 wrote:

Do you know many millionaires that buy sealed copies of garbage movies in obsolete formats for insane prices just to impress other people? I don't either.

I don't understand who the hell those people are, honestly. It's a weird world. To some extent I know it's a bit of the same upper class disfunctional weirdos ripping people off as much as they themselves are getting ripped off. And who's to say what a "rip off" is in a market where there is zero mainstream value for the items and the few that do recognize their suposed worth are so flush with cash that there is no hope of sane pricing?

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2016, 06:23 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

**********************************************************************************************************
Do you know many millionaires that buy sealed copies of garbage movies in obsolete formats for insane prices just to impress other people? I don't either.

I don't understand who the hell those people are, honestly. It's a weird world. To some extent I know it's a bit of the same upper class disfunctional weirdos ripping people off as much as they themselves are getting ripped off. And who's to say what a "rip off" is in a market where there is zero mainstream value for the items and the few that do recognize their suposed worth are so flush with cash that there is no hope of sane pricing?[/quote] "

***********************************************************************************************************

signofzeta, here are some examples of some recent upper class dysfunctional auctions that also included insane prices for what to me has no mainstream value and is no better then garbage from yesterday:

Last monday, as of this thread post, a 0.01 cent stamp from British Guiana sold for 9.5 million dollars in a bidding auction.
It seems that is way over the top excessive to me, however I am not into stamps nor a millionaire !

A crappy balloon art piece sold at a Christie's auction in Nov, 2013 for 58.4 million dollars, the most ever spent on artwork by a living artist.
Dude, you might as well include that sale in your forum rants about those of us who buy and sell at "high" prices "ripping each other off...."

A single plank bench from the Ming Dynasty sold for 9 million in March of 2013 at another Christie's auction. (very ugly).

These examples are proof that value is 100% subjective..... and that people are a bit weird I will agree .....
(And that some have way too much money to play with !)

Get over it signofzeta, people are going to pay for whatever means something to them. Rich or poor, makes no difference.
Obsolete video format or bad artwork, pick your medium, value is completely subjective.

I meet people daily who choose not to afford scripts for medication needed for health conditions but still somehow come up with the money for cigarette's and cell phones. Why ? Because of what is important to them. No mystery really.

Bottom line, people pay for what they choose to have, whether elite classed or skating poverty.

All peeps find a way to purchase what they want..... (sometimes what they need ! ! !)

Folks have acted this way for a long time, and will continue to do so .........

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2016, 15:49 
First post
First post

Hello,

It sounds like a lot of you guys have mentioned getting screwed out of items which this guy is selling, but does anyone know how he is as a buyer? Under the name "fearfactorypt" he has placed bids on two of my laserdiscs. Looks like the name he uses is Luis. Its slow communication like everyone says, but do you think he will pay? He emailed me with specific title requests and wants "like new" movies. Im thinking as long as he pays, is there any reason I shouldnt sell to him?

Thanks,

Ben

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2016, 23:09 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

voorhees wrote:
Hello,

It sounds like a lot of you guys have mentioned getting screwed out of items which this guy is selling, but does anyone know how he is as a buyer? Under the name "fearfactorypt" he has placed bids on two of my laserdiscs. Looks like the name he uses is Luis. Its slow communication like everyone says, but do you think he will pay? He emailed me with specific title requests and wants "like new" movies. Im thinking as long as he pays, is there any reason I shouldnt sell to him?

Thanks,

Ben

If he pays fine then all good but.....

quite a while ago he bought a few ROAN LaserDisc Classics titles from me that were "NEW/MINT" & after a few messages he eventually paid for them, no problems as such just very late paying.

He then "bought" more discs but did not pay or respond to messages. He then months later did the same thing buying more & asking if I still had the discs he had not paid for & would I pack them up with his latest order, discount the postage & he would pay - never heard from him again until I got a rather weird message asking why I would not "sell" to him anymore..... go figure!!!

I really hope he pays for the purchases but please take care if there are any mentions from him of "special deals" he wishes to make or "swaps" or the like as I would bet that it will be a total waste of time.

Good luck.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2016, 11:17 
Site Admin
Site Admin

admin wrote:
Ricardo was back once again on LDDb as cineconcept.
Account deleted.

After cine_concept and cineconcept, he tried again with cine_concepts:

Quote:
[Shop] `cine_concepts` requests Seller Rights

Account deleted within minutes.

Julien

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2016, 17:24 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

He's bought hundreds of dollars worth of sealed/9-10 discs from me on Ebay in the last few months. Had always paid quickly, worked with him a little on prices. No complaints from him (outside of a sub-$30 disc that blew out the spine despite being sealed and wrapped in plastic wrap) and he praised my packing.

He came around with my latest batch of discs and racked up about $300 worth with the understanding that he would pay in 3-4 days. It's now been over a week. I guess old habits die hard.

It's odd, he's buying multiple copies of some titles, but there's really no meat on the bone for him to be reselling most of these (unless he knows something I don't).

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2016, 16:30 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Looks like cararte have opened a shop on facebook now called... Laserdisc Store. https://www.facebook.com/laserdiscstore/ On that site he has put up for sale some Back to the Future MUSE discs he listed on eBay earlier as well.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2016, 15:47 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

He posted on Facebook today, that he wants to sell the rest of his Hi-Vision collection for 1500 €.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2016, 16:03 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

He will buy them back again at a highet cost. I don't remember how many times this guy circulated LD players and LDs in the past ten years. I lost count! I have no doubt I will see a "looking to buy like new condition X0" thread on avs classified adds in a few months.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2016, 22:54 
True fan
True fan

If he has the money for it..I guess somehow he must be loaded.Good for him.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2017, 16:36 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello!

Someone pointed out that retrogrames might well be our (well, not so really) dear old cararte here: retrogames

16 transactions, already cancelled 3. That surely sounds like him.

Anyone heard from retrogrames?

Julien

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2017, 07:17 
Site Admin
Site Admin

=> confirmed, retrogames is cararte.

I think we're all in favor of cancelling his account (again) right?

Julien

Page 13 of 15 [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next