It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:01

Page 1 of 6 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Project Laserdisc reawakening
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 17:03 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Hi,

As some other people, i'm here with hope of getting this support back to life!
Who, What, Why:

Me very shortly:
Works when available as computer scientist.
Works when i'm free :) on musique composing, mastering, post production, distribution.
Analog life style fan.
Vinyl fan.

Laserdisc what it is:
I'm from the older generation who had chance to see in the 90's a laserdisc in my oncle's house...
So seeking to throw away that "s..t of diggigigiigital" (sorry got a bug) in the video perimeters (Yes all my audio is analog, no ever one DSP, only in the ADC/DAC for the synthesizer who are "digital" but no dsp, discret integrated analog component only...)
I was wondering how i could bring back to me this signal which is so warm and soft.

TV, digital low cost compressed signal.
Blue ray, no digital 4:2:0 heavy compressed, even a PIV is to slow to read it!!!
DVD, hum, pal/ntsc/interlaced, sounds analog but digital mpeg2 compressed. :(

Ok, now that all new technologies where not interesting, seeking in the old ones.

35mm, up to 8000*4000 digital px, real analog picture, real analog sound.
So what i'm doing here.....
Heu, one film take over 30 pounds in four to eigth full sized wheel, film cost a human, display device, cost one again. Definitively not possible for consumer of today. (Hey guy, ten buck for the used starwars ep4 in 35mm , possible?....:)))

ok i will short circuit the other (VHS,8mm,16mm), even if the 16mm should be more investigated...

Back to me searching, remember oncle got a vinyl which was able to play video and sound...
So started to inform myself on the device: PAL/NTSC Full Analog at 440TVL with analog sounds.
Hey, that's interesting, so i went to the new world shop Ebay, to seek the beloved CLD D925 with one Laserdisc to test.

As i'm very lucky, the device came from the state of fully functional to fully KO.
Let me tell you that i went outside for some sport for a while....
After a long sleeping, that couldn't be like that. Opened the device, yep i can now open the tray manualy, put the laserdisc, play, and µ%¨£µ%¨£%, what i didn't know that laserdisc was one play support (It was carved from the start). In fact after little investigation, the head, was so out of his track that two laserdisc has gone.... After using clay, screwdriver, patience, and 3 days, i managed to get the side A working, no more auto reverse.... But stay in touch, i got the part, and won't give away, want A/B working, again, in fact it must because if i don't eject the laserdisc before the end, the head try to goes up, and i need to open the back side of the device to push the head in order for her to work again.... Hey, like vinyl :)

Why:
So, now, i' ve got the device which seems working, but how i connect this.
This part was easy as i got analog compatible device.
So component will be the first step.
Turn on the display (Hd ready), put on the left over laserdisc, and play.
Let me told you my first impression: Wow, it seems like a bluray, but more soft, fluid, and the color, how my god keep saturating the things, 200%, it still works
Try to saturate a blue ray to 200%, yellow come to life, after green, that red ,and blue, with about 16 colors on the display and luminence...
The sound, what to tell about, it the best i ever hear in digital, of course in stereo. Shame that these guy didn't understood what would came regarding the digital age, and skip the analog sound for digital.
So, AC3 what for, i'm not interested.

But lucky, i am, Laserdisc is capable of true analog sound, and has support recorded in with...
I read that some laserdisc analog tracks can explode all that exist, and a lot of laserdisc analog track are good for trash...
But it's more due to the digital who was in the head of people in hese days rather than being limited by the technology.
Did you know that VHS has CD or more sound quality as it is analog!

So, you will tell me that blue ray is 1920*1080 and the laserdisc is about 440TVL, it's impossible to have the same result.
Ok guy, a little technical speech:
Blue ray is a 4:2:0 sampled source with H264 compression methods. Which faster result in block of 16*16px. So your pixel is very big mister. also 4:2:0 told us that only the Y' is about 1920*1080 , U, and V are 960*540, yes you heard me Blue ray has signal which is a mixed resolution signal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............

Laserdisc is a full signal uncompressed! So basicaly you have picture like the 35mm but in a resolution a lot smaller.
I can't well told you what it does in px because analog cannot be compared to digital in term of measurement.
I read a lot of thing and, i can only told you that 400/440/1080 TVL ar what it goes out from the device.
But as vinyl lover, i got the same issue with the vineyl and, after a lot of experimentations and measurements, 192Khz at 16 bit, will start keep the vinyl sound intact...

Basicaly 720*576 is an example but other say 384*588-440*576-768*576., and you know what 625VL is the pal signal, and there isn't any card which is capable of capturing these 625VL. and what about the 1080Vl of the laserdisc...

In fact don't try to digitalise the laserdisc, it's impossible. You nead at least a RGB 4:4:4 and that don't exist. Why, because some stupid and very intelligent men told that YUV 4:2:2 was sufficient for the eye. You know the same guys who told us that CD is better than anything else on the earth. Heu, why are you selling me blueray audio as the CD is the better support in the world....
Yes , people have defined standart to poor for capturing analog video. I have a 720*576 PAL/NTSC YUV 4:2:2 capture card , and the result in always bader than the analog in from my device also take into account that digital playing of laserdisc involve desinterlacing, resizing, the only things positive are the denoiser and the 3d.
Quote:
Hi,

It's not possible to capture RGB 4:4:4 in SD so you won't be able to do this.

Kind regards,
Abid Choudhry
Technical Support Consultant EMEA

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I can confirm that it is not possible to capture up to 1080 using s-video.

Kind regards,
Abid Choudhry

Quote:
Hi,

I'm sorry to say that we don't have anything capable of that.

Kind regards,
Abid Choudhry

So basicaly the laserdisc in analog is the blueray in digital with better signal.

Good, i have my support the laserdisc, ok, i want to see the bridge of spy. Ohoh, sorry man we don't produce anything on this device.
Also what we can here, it's obsolete technology, come to me my friend follow my in the digital edge, no freedom, robot visual, and money robber....
Same as people telling that vinyl is outdated.

These people don't have the device, and don't know what they are saying, there only robot who repeat what other are saying.
And you know what, before trying the laserdisc i was one of them....

Did you know that signal in the space are transported by analog signal ?
http://www.midilibre.fr/2016/09/03/un-p ... 387976.php

Did you know that a laserdisc, if it was possible to capture it correctly cost about 150Gb byte of space for 2 hours of film ?

Yes man, when you watch a laserdisc you throw in your face 150Gb of data.... Don't ever dream of digital counterpart!

So i can discuss years and years to convince you as i analysed each part of this technology and will be happy to if you want but these reasons are sufficient:
Today you haven't the choice, you want to watch a film: Digital is the only way from your home to theather with compressed unatural material.
You never own the film as the source isn't preserved (a lot of digital processing is done), and today this is rental by streaming, etc...
Digital Technology is at his begining and change every 4-5 years, so you won't be able to have any collection. (VCD-DVD-Bluray-UHD Bluray, etc...)
Durability of digital is lesser than a laserdisc. I got laserdisc that have 25 years and still works, could you tell the same thing with digital.
No zoning , tracking.
And the support, a gold 12 inch vinyl, with cover of 12inch and a lot of space for artworks...
In finnish,pressing laserdisc involve a lot of competences whoses result in quality process with normalisation. Don't you ever thought that all blue ray seems to look different and you have to correct all the time the display settings to have the best of it...
An for the last ones, each time you watch a laserdisc, it is the same things as for the vinyl, it's different, the devices involved, the laserdisc keeping and age are making the support come to life.

Ok, you convinced my, but what i'm loosing of i buy laserdisc ?
Virtualy nothing, you have even more today:
Sound:
5.1 in standard via AC3RF. (Today device, are not fully ac3, and you need a converter, but in the future it will be integrated in the devices)
2.0 digital in standard throught analog or spdif output.
And what i love at most: 2.0 analog in standard throught analog or spdif output.
It is also possible to do 3.0 via the stereo signal.

Chapters comes in standard.

Subtitle: 4 languages are possibles.

Bonus, a side is about 60mn in clv, a lot of film have 3 faces, one face in empty for ... why not bonus...
Some record already have bonus like trailers, comments, etc...

Ah, for me the only thing that count is the resolution, what you have for me?
Hi vision man, hi-vision... (Also hi-vision involve special device, but in the part 2 of the project, we will also include it in the device)

What for the future?
Still want more, the technology is about 40 years, and there is no limit to analog signal, the only matter is the storage, and the device display. I'm convinced that we can easily goes for 2160Vl even 4320Vl and with today electronics improvement at lower price. But this will invovle a new add-on...

Everything is setup.
We only need to produce again the hardware with improved part for digital age for all the consumer. Part 2 of the project
Keep the community alive by producing again new/old software (laserdisc). Part 1 of the project.

I'm trying to contact compagnies for this. And i've got suprise as they aswered me. :)

Quote:
Ethan Senser (Participant | TakePart | Pivot)

Sep 26, 2:58 PM PDT

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Participant Media and Bridge of Spies. Unfortunately, Participant is not involved in that aspect of the film's production. Distribution of the film is handled by Walt Disney Studios in the US and by 20th Century Fox internationally. My apologies that I can't be of greater help.

All the best,
Ethan Senser
Participant Media

Quote:
Bonjour,

Désolé, nous ne pressons pas de laserdisc.
Bonne recherche.

Bien cordialement

Alain
goelette.images@orange.fr

Today, we won't have issue with licences as it is like producing vinyl, everyone can do it with the proper materials.

Please help me ? :prie:

I need people who were involved in the process in order the define the needs, before requesting kickstarter funding.
I know that the more diffcult is the master (white room), pressing can be made at home.
But don't worry, we will do the things correctly, we will build the first plant of laserdisc from decade.
Cost estimated about 100 millions $, if we can involve 4 Millions worldwide customers at 25€, that's done and they will have the first new laserdisc pressed for this....

Last edited by anonyme-x22 on 28 Sep 2016, 00:19, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Project Laserdisc reawakening
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 17:15 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Should I tell him?

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 17:21 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

On one hand we get posts kind this all the time (last time was the Regular Show guy) but this one is the most unique.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 17:22 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

substance wrote:
Should I tell him?

Yes I think you should ;)

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 17:42 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

laserdisc_fan wrote:
substance wrote:
Should I tell him?

Yes I think you should ;)

I feel bad;)

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 18:25 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

First i thought i had slept a few months and it was April.

For anonyme-x22 count me in, i'll buy any new title you make for 15 USD :P

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 18:37 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Hi,

Tell all what you want, i'm interested by all your comments, because in this war, because it's a war, digital vs analog, we'll need even the people who don't believe in it.
It's open, free, it's analog life, not binary one.
And yes, it's not the first, it won't be the last (In fact i hope this will be a success even if i die doing this), because that worth it.

15 Usd, will stay for the new used ones :)

By the way can you please post the links regarding all the post likes this one?

Also:
Remember, it's not because we do not happen to fund it that it is lost.
Once the project file are ready, the money will come without problems, look .... that was funded via Kickstarter ...
Besides people who are only interested in money, when they will see a new market ...
Look vinyl, since it ascended the charts, everyone wants to fund and work in the field. (Vinyl HD :))

Please look at the pictures...
How do MUSE LDs compare to HDTV and Blu-ray?

Also, my wife is telling me that it should be interesting to send it to the social network.
Is there a young man or woman who can dispatch this to these networks ?

Thanks in advance,
Rgds,

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 20:47 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

You wouldn't need $100M USD, which is good because you'd never get 4 million people to kickstart a revival of something that barely had that many users back when it was the highest quality format on Earth.

There is no relationship between records and LDs other than the 12" jackets. Both the players and the discs themselves are astronomically more complex for LD.

Also, while sales of vinyl are booming, consider that they'd still don't touch what iTunes is moving, let alone where they were when it was the highest quality format on earth. Also consider that good TTs are *still* hard to find despite this boom leading me to think it's not as much of a boom as people say it is.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 21:24 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

LD started as an analog media, but gained more and more digital properties as it went on (CD audio, then D2 digital mastering and digital TBC) The last common US-market player without digital bits aside from computer control was the LD-V2200 in ~1989.

And 64GB microSD cards which can easily hold an hour at the uncompressed digital audio+video bitrates used by mastering+later players are getting damn close to the inflation-adjusted cost of a CLV disk side in the late 1990's - probably lower once you factor in shipping...

... but such a card was pure science fiction (even if authors thought of it) back in 1978 when Discovision first came out.

Optical media as a whole is nearer it's end than it's beginning - for Joe Sixpack streaming is winning. By looking at LD, we can celebrate it's beginnings and long history, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't look forward, either ;)

Last edited by happycube on 27 Sep 2016, 21:29, edited 2 times in total. _________________
Happycube Labs: Where the past is being re-made, today. [meep!]

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 21:27 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

signofzeta wrote:
You wouldn't need $100M USD, which is good because you'd never get 4 million people to kickstart a revival of something that barely had that many users back when it was the highest quality format on Earth.

There is no relationship between records and LDs other than the 12" jackets. Both the players and the discs themselves are astronomically more complex for LD.

Also, while sales of vinyl are booming, consider that they'd still don't touch what iTunes is moving, let alone where they were when it was the highest quality format on earth. Also consider that good TTs are *still* hard to find despite this boom leading me to think it's not as much of a boom as people say it is.

I think my wife read in the times that vinyl sales account for 5% of all music sales, it went up from 10 years ago.....

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 22:04 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

anonyme-x22 wrote:
35mm, up to 8000*4000 digital px, real analog picture, real analog sound.

I don't think you've seen a 35mm print in a long time. A DCP (either 2K or 4K) will in most cases beat a 35mm print so badly you wouldn't believe it.
anonyme-x22 wrote:
Blue ray is a 4:2:0 sampled source with H264 compression methods. Which faster result in block of 16*16px. So your pixel is very big mister. also 4:2:0 told us that only the Y' is about 1920*1080 , U, and V are 960*480, yes you heard me Blue ray has signal which is a mixed resolution signal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............

Of course the chroma sampling differs from the luma sampling. There is technically little need of higher chroma sampling than that when it comes to feature films in 1080p, although UHD-BD is a very good upgrade for 4K displays. For PCs and games, RGB is always used as faulty chroma sampling is much more visible in those situations but for a soft looking feature film? Certainly not.

Chroma has 540 lines in vertical lead for a 1080p signal with 4:2:0 sampling, not 480.

anonyme-x22 wrote:
Laserdisc is a full RGB 4:4:4 uncompressed! So basicaly you have picture like the 35mm but in a resolution a lot smaller.
I can't well told you what it does in px because analog cannot be compared to digital in term of measurement.
I read a lot of thing and, i can only told you that 400/440/1080 TVL ar what it goes out from the device.

While Laserdisc isn't really compressed in the same way as a DVD or Blu-Ray, it's far from untouched. And it doesn't even have close to an 4:4:4 chroma sampling. Let me explain this whole thing for you...

RGB is a signal that is made up by three color signals that are red, green and blue (plus sync). These three signals make up the whole image, both for chroma and luma. Since the signal itself is the same that is shown on the actual screen there will be no visual loss whatsoever unless something is messed up (i.e. LG sets has to be set to PC mode in order to accept RGB, otherwise it will resample the signal to YCbCr). In other words, there is no such thing as "4:4:4" when it comes to RGB since it already samples the chroma to the native resolution.

As for YPbPr, or rather YCbCr in this case, is where those numbers matters. 4:2:0 simply mean that the chroma is sampled half as many times as the luma, which works just fine for feature films and broadcasts. Since the chroma is separated from eachother you will have no interferences between the two and they cover up a good enough spectra to be sufficient for consumer usage. However, you are completely wrong that Laserdisc would have 4:4:4 sampling. It is not even close...

Laserdisc uses a 15KHz NTSC CVBS signal. The luma resolution is generally around 425 TVL, though some specific discs in combination with players can go slightly higher. Since composite by nature carries both luma and chroma in the same signal, you're already losing much of the color separation. And at best you will have around 100-120TVLs for colors on Laserdisc. Translated to YPbPr, this gives you circa 4:1:1. Then a** noise, bleeding colors, color smear and other issues.

anonyme-x22 wrote:
But as vinyl lover, i got the same issue with the vineyl and, after a lot of experimentations and measurements, 192Khz at 16 bit, will start keep the vinyl sound intact...

Try comparing a vinyl rip in 44.1/16 and 192/24 in a blind test, or any music you'd like. You will certainly reevaluate your opinion regarding CD audio afterwards.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 22:29 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Hi,

Quote:
I don't think you've seen a 35mm print in a long time. A DCP (either 2K or 4K) will in most cases beat a 35mm print so badly you wouldn't believe it.

Regarding the 35mm i was working in a theater, and i think i haven't forgotten how it look fortunately and how it's a pain to pile up and transfer but how it was warm and natural, and those dot when the celluloid were dusty, etc...

Everything done badly is easy to beat.

Quote:
Of course the chroma sampling differs from the luma sampling. There is technically little need of higher chroma sampling than that when it comes to feature films in 1080p, although UHD-BD is a very good upgrade for 4K displays. For PCs and games, RGB is always used as faulty chroma sampling is much more visible in those situations but for a soft looking feature film? Certainly not.

Chroma has 540 lines in vertical lead for a 1080p signal with 4:2:0 sampling, not 480.

Excuse me for that loss of 100px. Don't do again i promise. whatever , it's not important how many pixel, but as you said the color reduction.

Quote:
While Laserdisc isn't really compressed in the same way as a DVD or Blu-Ray, it's far from untouched. And it doesn't even have close to an 4:4:4 chroma sampling. Let me explain this whole thing for you...

RGB is a signal that is made up by three color signals that are red, green and blue (plus sync). These three signals make up the whole image, both for chroma and luma. Since the signal itself is the same that is shown on the actual screen there will be no visual loss whatsoever unless something is messed up (i.e. LG sets has to be set to PC mode in order to accept RGB, otherwise it will resample the signal to YCbCr). In other words, there is no such thing as "4:4:4" when it comes to RGB since it already samples the chroma to the native resolution.

You're right, no darm sampling on laserdisc, only native RGB, The RGB 4:4:4 is in fact the YUV 4:4:4, which is the better sampling rate possible in digital. It has been commonly agreed that the minimun sampling rate for an analog signal is YUV 4:2:2, which in your case, is far better than the blueray. The laserdisc as native RGB is as good as YUV 4:2:2 theoricaly, but men are knowing that analog natural cutoff isn't digital cutoff....

RGB 4:4:4 is only YUV 4:4:4, and that's what you are seeking when the capture analog on digital.

Quote:
Laserdisc uses a 15KHz NTSC CVBS signal. The luma resolution is generally around 425 TVL, though some specific discs in combination with players can go slightly higher. Since composite by nature carries both luma and chroma in the same signal, you're already losing much of the color separation. And at best you will have around 100-120TVLs for colors on Laserdisc. Translated to YPbPr, this gives you circa 4:1:1. Then a** noise, bleeding colors, color smear and other issues.

Sources please ?
Never heard such informations, even from VHS signal the YUV 4:2:2 is the minimun. And by expereinces, my color on the LD are far far more present than in the blue ray. I think i must be blind. Sorry guy, i didn't told, you that i was only listening to them....

Quote:
Try comparing a vinyl rip in 44.1/16 and 192/24 in a blind test, or any music you'd like. You will certainly reevaluate your opinion regarding CD audio afterwards.

Please man go back playing in your home and read about the blueray audio.
I own class A integrated amplifier and 192Khz/24 bit/115ADC sound card and vinyl from 1960 to 2016.
Of course, i've not only done blind tests, but also measurements. But i don't even playing with you in this field.
Did you know that the dynamic of a microphone is about 55-75DB...

Last edited by anonyme-x22 on 27 Sep 2016, 22:55, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 22:40 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Laserdisc has never, ever supported RGB. Plus RGB and YUV isn't the same freaking thing. You're so full of crap it hurts. Not to sound offensive but I'm damn tired of these morons.

How the hell can a signal with 425TVLs for Luma and 100TVLs for Chroma be equal to YUV 4:2:2? It's not even f***ing close.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 22:45 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Hi,

Who are you to speak to people like this.
Do you even own a laser disc.
Do you know what is wikepedia and informations synthesis.
Do you think i'm coming like you with informations without experiences!
Even if there is some mistake because i don't care about digital anymore. Before opening your mouth, do some informations synthesis before telling such thing.

Even, if there were something right in what you saying. We don't care about the resolution , and your YUV 4:2:0, etc... , We care about what we are seeing and hearing in the case of the vinyl, and my god, what i'm seeing with the LD is far far better to my eyes that other s...t digital. And i can tell you that everyday i'm dealing with that s... h264-265-divx-xvid-mjpeg-x264-ogg vorbis,ac3,etc... At least with the LD no such issue....

Please buy glasses, and back to the future in Hi-vison.

PS: This discussion is not about digital, analog comparison. It is acquired that the analog is a method of broadcasting as digital. Humanity must have the choice. (Only clairvoyants know the truth.)
People who, and want to play with pixel, can open another one thread for this.

Rgds,

Last edited by anonyme-x22 on 27 Sep 2016, 22:59, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 22:59 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

It sounds like you've got zero experience from Laserdisc tbh. Comparing it to 35mm is kind of... sad. Anyone who mastered a Laserdisc back in the days knew that it was crap by comparison to a film print and that better home video formats were coming. LD was good for being a consumer medium back in the 80s and 90s, but I would never want it to come back. Thankfully the studios are giving us more and and more Blu-Rays that have significantly improved over the last ten years, plus UHD-BDs are getting some attention.

And Laserdisc is still only CVBS. If it was RGB, how come pretty much no player have had an output for it?

I've got glasses and have had several LD players, scalers, displays and reference monitors. Please come by me someday to watch a Blu-Ray on my professionally calibrated OLED set, you will never want to look back to Laserdisc afterwards.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 23:02 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

Believe me we all love the idea of relaunching laserdisc but how on earth are you going to persuade 4 million people (who don't even know what a laserdisc is) to part with $25 each in order to fund the construction of a 100 million pressing plant in 2016?

I accept social media is good at reaching the masses but I think this is stretching the imagination that we could pull in this amount of money.

Please elaborate on your plan.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 23:02 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Hi, man (nissling)

I'm sorry but you already told us that you are on the digital side.
So go back playing in your garden of pixel.
Thanks to us as you said that compagnies are going back, blueray audio, vinyl, uncompressed video data, etc...

Rgds,

Last edited by anonyme-x22 on 27 Sep 2016, 23:12, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 23:07 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Hi,

Thanks for this constructive question:

Quote:
Believe me we all love the idea of relaunching laserdisc but how on earth are you going to persuade 4 million people (who don't even know what a laserdisc is) to part with $25 each in order to fund the construction of a 100 million pressing plant in 2016?

I accept social media is good at reaching the masses but I think this is stretching the imagination that we could pull in this amount of money.

Please elaborate on your plan.

First of all, i don't plan to produce a plant in 2016.
I plan to create a specification in order to produce plant in the future.
The 4 millions people at 25$ is just an example for funding.
What i need today are people to help me create this specification.
Funding is nothing, when the plan are good.
And remember that 4 millions of people is nothing on an earth of 7 billion of people.
And i'm sure that as there is people like the guy in the above post, there also are people who love analog broadcasting... as i already know that there are guy who are funding production of vinyl turntable at 50000$

Don't think about money, even if we end with only the specification finalised and 1 millions people with us , it's a victory.

You even don't image the impact that the laserdisc can have in the political, social, economical fields. They have been campaign and campaign of misinformation for the vinyl in the past. There will be campaign and campaign of misinformation for the laserdisc. (Please see above)

What i have seen with the muse hi-vision was unbelievable to me. What i'm seing today with the standard laserdisc on my 120" screen is still unbelievable to me. I was just tired of these s..t of digital process, as you now know every days, i'm hearing HEVC, 4 years ago it was divx....
I was seeking about something real and natural, and my first idea was to buy 35mm as it is unsurpassed today.
But laserdisc is a more realistic plan.

Rgds,

Last edited by anonyme-x22 on 27 Sep 2016, 23:21, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 23:15 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

Well I'm with you - laserdisc IS BETTER. I switched from DVD to laserdisc 10 years ago and never looked back. The audio from laserdisc is vastly superior to DVD.

So tell us more about this plan. Maybe it is possible :thumbup:

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 23:24 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Hi,

Quote:
Well I'm with you - laserdisc IS BETTER. I switched from DVD to laserdisc 10 years ago and never looked back. The audio from laserdisc is vastly superior to DVD.

Please avoid this, it isn't constructive.

Laserdisc is an uncompressed source for the consumer.
Digital is a compressed (uncompressed for mastering only) source for the consumer.

Dvd is digital, Laserdisc is analog (can have numeric part encoded as analog also, for the digital lover).

Also, i'm glad to hear that you're with me, but if you want really to be with me, start look back at laserdisc, buy them, use them and love them.

At the end, in the digital world, i don't think it's good to stay on, you must always goes on. I'm sorry to tell you this, but you better option today is to going on Blue ray for the digital part, and on laserdisc or 35/16mm for analog part.

Quote:
So tell us more about this plan. Maybe it is possible :thumbup:

Sure it is possible for people who still have an heart. (Search in you heart, it will told you the answer...)
Feel free to ask question, i will do my best to answer you!

Rgds,

Page 1 of 6 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next