It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:20

Page 12 of 13 [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: AVOID Duncan Hunter/Bayview Electronics/laserdiscservice
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2017, 03:20 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

My player didn't need any parts. Duncan said it was old grease. The player was sent non working directly from where I bought it from in the USA to Duncan. Grease I could have did myself. But I also wanted to have it aligned.

One of my e-mails from him said he was out in the country on a acreage (5 acres of private land), and he had moved back in with his first wife.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2017, 04:11 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I could have sold my CD player broken and doubled my money.
He still has never contacted me in over a year+ now.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2017, 18:32 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Still waiting to hear from Keith at Olytac whether Duncan has my player or not.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2017, 18:43 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

Last time I emailed him I didn't get a response. I sort have given up on this since my life has become more complicated since my mother passed away. I don't really have the time or energy to spend on this.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2017, 00:34 
Hello all,

My name is Keith Shores. I am a private investigator and I have helped two of you recover Laser Disc Players from Duncan Hunter. I would like to let you all know that I have made arrangements with Duncan to locate, recover and return property to those who would like to contact me and agree to my offer.

I charge $75.00 per hour and only charge for the time it takes to pick up the property and deliver it to a shipper to ship it back to you. This usually takes two hours and I don't charge for the few phone calls and or emails I have to send to Duncan to initiate the search. I realize much more than this is not optimal return on investment for you but it is literally as low as I can go. Duncan contacts me when he has located the property and I pick it up and deliver it to the shipper. It is your responsibility to pay for shipping as well and this can usually be accomplished by setting up an account with UPS, FedEx or USPS. I recommend FedEx as this has been the least expensive alternative to date (under $50.00).

Some things to consider:

I can't guarantee what shape the property will be in when I recover it or if it will be properly packed. My experience so far has been that the ones I have recovered so far were not even unpacked and were sufficiently packed for re-shipping. If that is not the case for your property you will also be responsible for paying for the packing for shipping.

Duncan has so many items it takes quite some time to sift through them and find your property. If you are patient, I can likely recovery your property and get it back to you but there are no guarantees regarding condition of your property or how long the process will take. So far both have not even been unpacked from the original shipment so it is likely that the item you receive back will still not be working.

I have seen laser disc players around his storage area that are in varying states of repair and assembly. He has moved them all to a new location and they seem to be in a safer environment than the shed you have all seen in pictures on this forum.

Although Duncan has created quite a mess, I do not believe he intended for this to happen. He has stated to me that he wants to get your property back to you if he can. I believe he had good intentions and got in WAY over his head with the amount of work that came in. He has told me about several unfortunate issues he has had to endure and health problems. I am not a doctor but I think he may have dementia issues. I have not verified any of this. I am not an advocate for Duncan, just someone who wants to make this situation right for all involved.

You will ask yourself why Duncan does not pay to ship them back. That is a fair question and you could seek legal council regarding this but let me just say, I have seen the number of items he has in his possession and can tell you that, in my opinion (I am not an attorney and have not done research) the cost of an attorney would be more than the shipping cost you would pay and the $150.00 you would have to pay me to recover it for you. Even if you took legal action and won, I don't believe Duncan could ever afford to ship all of them back to their rightful owners.

I have to be careful not to run into the same problem Duncan has. I risk a landslide of interested clients who want to get their property back. I will take these requests on a case by case basis as I have time for them. I am a busy Private investigator who does everything from Executive Protection and Surveillance to Fugitive Recovery to Training and also run the apartment complex I live in. There are no guarantees I will be able to get to you in what you consider to be a timely manner. I will do my best and give everyone the same service I already have in this situation. If I cannot, I will stop taking cases until I can.

If you wish to pursue this option contact me at: keith -at- olytac =dot= com

I am:

Keith Shores
Lead Investigator
Olympic Tactical and Investigations LLC
I am a licensed Private Investigator, Private Security Professional, Recovery Agent and Trainer.

I do not monitor this forum regularly so it is not a way to contact me. I thought it would be a good place to reach all of your at once and let you know there is hope if the conditions are right for you. I understand that some of you may want to cut your losses as they stand and I respect that.

Please no other contact until I have accepted your case and we have an agreement.

Thanks and good luck!

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2017, 00:56 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

My LD-W1 is one of the players Keith has facilitated recovering. It should be in my possession by the end of the week.
Keith has been professional throughout this process.
My player will still require repair once it is returned to me. Not sure what direction I will go regarding this but it will be back soon. My understanding is Duncan had not even opened the box I shipped it in. I will follow up once my player is back.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2017, 15:49 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

I did end up getting my player back. Unfortunately my original double box super deluxe packing was decayed enough that new packaging was required. Due to some kind of communication error FedEx simply put my LD-W1 in a single box with next to no packing and then they dropped it on my porch face down. Door mechanism and faceplate are broken.
I was able to remove the faceplate out of the way and confirm my player still does exactly what it did before I sent it to Duncan over two years ago.
Now I need a parts unit or complete faceplate/door assembly. Anyone?
All that aside, Keith was very helpful in getting my player back to me. I would not hesitate to use him again.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2017, 00:22 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Good to hear you got your player back despite getting damaged.

Being I am in Canada shipping will be closer to 100.00 (not under 50) The last update I had got on my player, what that it was almost finished. So being what he observed, my player probably is not fully assembled back.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2017, 03:20 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I think the real situation is not how good Detective Keith is but rather the value of our players compared to getting them back.

I just really wish for some of us with lesser priced players that Duncan would just contact us or send them back if they are unpacked, but others like vinylcollector
could have more of an issue if it is already in pieces.

Even if Duncan returned one player a month and we paid him the return shipping it would get done, but he's just shut down and stopped his dealings with all of us.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2017, 16:59 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

I do agree that it would be nice if Duncan simply was to return players back to their rightful owners.
For whatever reason he is not doing that. He may not even know who's is what anymore. I'm sure many of the players are not worth paying to have them shipped back, and not a chance of paying to have someone like Keith follow up with Duncan and do the legwork to get it back. Very disappointing overall. I now have enough into this broken player I could have paid for another plus shipping across the country, which I have also done. Reality is that someone needs to put in some time to get them back and time is money as they say. Wish you all the best of luck that things will turn around and you will all get your machines back.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 05:03 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I can see those people that sent him their player, getting a estimate on the repair job and had not paid him for the work yet or for shipping it back to them, you would have to pay to get it shipped back to you.

But with my player being no parts were needed, just re-greasing and alignment, I had paid him for the work, but I also paid the return shipping to me.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2018, 10:49 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

uppp

which is the situation now?

PostPosted: 08 May 2018, 16:25 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Hmmmm. OLYMPIA, WA. Eh? I Wonder... https://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-CT-S80 ... SwI4xa7NmL

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2018, 15:57 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

up...what is the news?

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2018, 20:57 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Nothing at my end.
He is on facebook as Sandy Hunter but still no contact from him.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2018, 15:12 
True fan
True fan

I had Duncan work on my LD-S2 five years ago, and he did a phenomenal job. Seeing his reputation go down the toilet is sad to see.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2018, 02:41 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I just did an address search for Duncan Hunter, and I got 2 addresses.

One being

6541 sexton dr nw apt f
Olympia WA 98502-9222
(which I think was his old address)

And I got

7511 mirimichi dr nw
Olympia WA 98502-9628

There is a satellite map for the Mirimichi address. The picture looks like it could be the metal shed in the yard? (house with the red car) I wonder if this is the place?

https://www.google.com/maps/@47.1414769 ... a=!3m1!1e3

VC

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2018, 03:27 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Sad, I thought you were going to post that you received news or your player.
Nothing yet on my end.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2018, 00:28 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

bkw wrote:
Maybe that just means it's the kind of place where we might be able to find someone in that area who is willing to act as an agent/courrier/shipper for a few bucks, to go over there in person and collect stuff, and bring it to a ups location to ship out to us.

Wow, been awol awhile. Had a terrible time getting Synced to post.

I read Mr Shore's post and offer to collect your gear. I did not read an offer to initiate a single one time group return.

My experiences meeting with Mr. Hunter differ with those shared by Mr. Shore.

Specifically, I met with Mr. Hunter at a gas/convenience store near his domicile. Upon arrival we exchanged pleasantries then Mr Hunter opened the trunk of his car, bent over and picked up (heavy) GumbyandPals player and surrendered it to me. Adding that the repairs were prepaid and the shipping materials while adequate for delivery, one may want to upgrade the packing to ensure a safe shipment to GumbyandPals.

Total time in hand off 5minutes. GumbyandPals had corresponded with Duncan and relayed that with me. Duncan called me the morning of the meeting, indicating he would be handing off a few other units repaired as well and he would already be at the meeting place. Duncan had three boxes in his trunk, one being GumbyandPals Runco.

Son-in-law and I transported the player to the nearby FedEx store and had their employees double box and generously pack the unit per Duncan's recommendations. Paid the invoice for the shipment to GumbyandPals. Sent before shipment, after boxed & labeled, and invoice /tracking pictures to GumbyandPals verifying unit had been processed for shipment. Total time = <30 minutes including hand off.

While my meeting with Duncan was over 2 1/2 years ago, I did not witness any dementia or physical impairments. I was met by a cognitive, alert, and informed individual .

My daughter's husband (US Army Capt) has since been reassigned duties in Southern California. So I won't be in the Seattle/DuPont or Duncan's areas.

It is unfortunate that as posted by ( btw ) a fellow member or individual in that area could not provide assistance without trying to make a career out of it.

Fingers crossed.....

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2018, 01:12 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I still have no player or contact with Mr Duncan as you call him.
What a thief.

Page 12 of 13 [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next