It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:59

Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: YouTube LD boxset contents
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2018, 17:06 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

It’s almoat impossible to not get kicked from a FB group. Someone there, another member, who’s a complete tool will decide they don’t like you for whatever reason and then they will report your posts until the mod just kicks you to shut the other guy up. Zero ethics, quintessentially Facebook.

Being pro-Russian is terrible but so is being pro-American and they’d never kick you for that. Therefore I’m siding with The Russian even without seeing the evidence. If they had a rule that banned all patriotism whatsoever from Laserdisc discussion (not a bad idea) then that would be different.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2018, 17:34 
True fan
True fan

rein-o wrote:
I am proud of who I am too but its like that song, I fought the law and the law won.

Actually in my case I fought the law and I won.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2018, 17:44 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

signofzeta wrote:
It’s almoat impossible to not get kicked from a FB group. Someone there, another member, who’s a complete tool will decide they don’t like you for whatever reason and then they will report your posts until the mod just kicks you to shut the other guy up. Zero ethics, quintessentially Facebook.

Being pro-Russian is terrible but so is being pro-American and they’d never kick you for that. Therefore I’m siding with The Russian even without seeing the evidence. If they had a rule that banned all patriotism whatsoever from Laserdisc discussion (not a bad idea) then that would be different.

He didn't get kicked from a group, he got kicked from Facebook itself (multiple times). Ilja (therussian) what exactly are you saying to make Facebook ban you??

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2018, 18:29 
True fan
True fan

Apparently saying:

Russia had no motive to poison an ex-spy in UK
Russia and Syrian army are beating extremists hard

is what got me thrown out.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2018, 20:00 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Well I'm hardly on facebook, the ldforever is too much.
I remember getting into it with some fool who took sandpaper to a sticky edged disc and made it sort of playable when he could have just wiped it off with cleaner and had it perfectly playable.

As for politics there I can't see why anybody is yanked as that's all anybody talks about when they talk to others.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018, 06:54 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

That LD group is awful. Just thousands of crap photos of common garbage and people getting exiting about prices. Torture.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018, 11:17 
True fan
True fan

The one thing I noticed about this site since I've been on it there's really been no mention of politics I can remember, kind of refreshing actually, though not sure I'd get yanked on the subject, more of a yawn for me.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018, 18:58 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I’m a very politically aware/active person but I know how to not s**t where I sleep, so to speak. Also, I’m pretty sure at least half of our members are on drugs in order to function as well as they do here. You aren’t “debating” or whatever if the other person is nuts. I don’t see reason to bring more politics to this place whatever. Maybe if we had like 10,000 members or something but...come on. It’s just going to break something. Everyone should be able to see that.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 16:54 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

rein-o wrote:
I remember getting into it with some fool who took sandpaper to a sticky edged disc and made it sort of playable when he could have just wiped it off with cleaner and had it perfectly playable.

As for politics there I can't see why anybody is yanked as that's all anybody talks about when they talk to others.

At least I know who you are now :D

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 17:13 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

signofzeta wrote:
That LD group is awful. Just thousands of crap photos of common garbage and people getting exiting about prices. Torture.

We need some of the guys from LDDB to post some cool stuff. It will never be any different if no one contributes....

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 17:22 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

pbiancardi wrote:
rein-o wrote:

It took you that long, and I had to actually tell you :wtf:

Facebook LDforever will always be too many noobies with no matter of cool stuff or not, just asking what is the haul worth and can't I filp it for 10X what I paid.

And what if I use sandpaper on my disc will that help :yawn:

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 17:29 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

rein-o wrote:
pbiancardi wrote:
rein-o wrote:

It took you that long, and I had to actually tell you :wtf:

Facebook LDforever will always be too many noobies with no matter of cool stuff or not, just asking what is the haul worth and can't I filp it for 10X what I paid.

And what if I use sandpaper on my disc will that help :yawn:

I was very frustrated with social media in general, ready to just pack it in, deleted my Youtube videos and was ready to go....then we had a swap meet where I met a bunch of cool dudes that reignited my fire. I now take a different approach, stay away from the new guys mostly and keep my advice to myself but we still have a bunch of technical discussions, just goes on in private now. I am working on a Theta Data III right now, bunch of us trying to teach ourselves how to properly align (I just ordered a scope), Kurtis has the broken front for repair and all goes on outside of the general population of the group because I know the majority aren't into what I am.....but I still enjoy it.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 17:41 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

pbiancardi wrote:
I was very frustrated with social media in general, ready to just pack it in, deleted my Youtube videos and was ready to go....then we had a swap meet where I met a bunch of cool dudes that reignited my fire. I now take a different approach, stay away from the new guys mostly and keep my advice to myself but we still have a bunch of technical discussions, just goes on in private now. I am working on a Theta Data III right now, bunch of us trying to teach ourselves how to properly align (I just ordered a scope), Kurtis has the broken front for repair and all goes on outside of the general population of the group because I know the majority aren't into what I am.....but I still enjoy it.

Yeah FB is FB even if it's LDish FB - why I mostly stay away.

But why to this little side project in private? It's the sort of thing people here would be interested in - just look at the RF signal capture thread as an example. Imagine that working on FB?

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 18:05 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

audioboyz1973 wrote:
pbiancardi wrote:

Yeah FB is FB even if it's LDish FB - why I mostly stay away.

But why to this little side project in private? It's the sort of thing people here would be interested in - just look at the RF signal capture thread as an example. Imagine that working on FB?

I just hang more @ FB, its right there on my phone and easy access....I think there is a place for "us" there but no one bothers posting the good stuff....

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 18:47 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

pbiancardi wrote:
I think there is a place for "us" there but no one bothers posting the good stuff....

I think there's a whole bunch of reasons they might not (Don't even get me started on a cynical rant about a bunch of reaction junkies fishing for likes and comments, just as one. Read some interesting articles from psychologists on that aspect). Just think that the whole social media type platform doesn't lend itself well to those types of slower in depth discussions; it seems to be far more about immediate communication and/or gratification. Personally I wasn't a fan of Julien introducing the "thanks" thing here, the intention is different but I worried there's the possibility of it turning to more of a FB "like", especially when it keeps score over on the left there and now on summary buttons above.

I suppose the point I was attempting to make was rather than trying to drag the audience to a platform that might not work so well for the type of discussion; instead bring the discussion to a forum where the audience might more likely be?

Personally on the LD player aligning topic I'd love to learn about this (ok yes a self-interest example). You think it might be hard finding service knowledge in the US, try in Perth Western Australia!! I'd go try to find an oscilloscope to get involved in that - and still have my old Marantz player to try to learn on in case it's a total screw-up at first!!! Maybe I've interpreted something wrong but it seems like you've taken that away from FB because it doesn't work there, but then if it's going on in private (even if via FB messages?) then no-one outside that exclusive group gets to benefit or contribute.

Last edited by audioboyz1973 on 16 Apr 2018, 18:56, edited 1 time in total. _________________
Looking for Hi-Vision Discs (MUSE or HDVS).......

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 18:53 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

audioboyz1973 wrote:
pbiancardi wrote:
I think there is a place for "us" there but no one bothers posting the good stuff....

I think there's a whole bunch of reasons they might not (Don't even get me started on a cynical rant about a bunch of reaction junkies fishing for likes and comments, just as one. Read some interesting articles from psychologists on that aspect). Just think that the whole social media type platform doesn't lend itself well to those types of slower in depth discussions; it seems to be far more about immediate communication and/or gratification. Personally I wasn't a fan of Julien introducing the "thanks" thing here, the intention is different but I worried there's the possibility of it turning to more of a FB "like".

I suppose the point I was attempting to make was rather than trying to drag the audience to a platform that might not work so well for the type of discussion; instead bring the discussion to a forum where the audience might more likely be?

Personally on the LD player aligning topic I'd love to learn about this (ok yes a self-interest example). You think it might be hard finding service knowledge in the US, try in Perth Western Australia!! I'd go try to find an oscilloscope to get involved in that - and still have my old Marantz player to try to learn on in case it's a total screw-up at first!!! Maybe I've interpreted something wrong but it seems like you've taken that away from FB because it doesn't work there, but then if it's going on in private (even if via FB messages?) then no-one outside that exclusive group gets to benefit or contribute.

Ok I will post about it here, Cuozzo just tossed out a wobble theory that I have to try, might not be alignment after all but I am still going to learn once I get the scope even if it doesn't need....

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 19:10 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Wobble theory? We talking LD's or Jello?

Cool; then I can post a newb question about what type of oscilloscope to look for; haha no - I've read something about that here before; going to go do some research first and then ask something more intelligent..... (or just the newb question if I can't find it again!)

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 19:24 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

audioboyz1973 wrote:

Cool; then I can post a newb question about what type of oscilloscope to look for; haha no - I've read something about that here before; going to go do some research first and then ask something more intelligent..... (or just the newb question if I can't find it again!)

Why not others do that too :lol:

Wobble sounds like warp or not clamping right, but then that's another risk, isn't it :think:

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 19:37 
True fan
True fan

Wait Peter why have you deleted your videos ? They were really cool ?

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 21:10 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

rein-o wrote:
audioboyz1973 wrote:

Why not others do that too :lol:

Wobble sounds like warp or not clamping right, but then that's another risk, isn't it :think:

Not wobble.... basically it will play all discs in test mode perfectly and **some** in standard mode perfectly but then some will not start at all (just stuck on play)..

Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next