It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:52

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hello from Tennessee in the USA.
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2018, 16:32 
Third post and above
Third post and above

Hi all, I guess I never started a thread to introduce myself.. My name is Paul and I'm very very new to this. I got my first ever laserdisc a few months ago and have been slowly buying a few discs here and there. Love the site and the database, so big thanks to the admin and other who have helped and contributed to getting this site to where it is now. This place has been the best resource I've found.

I'm 39 and live near Nashville, TN USA. I always wanted to get a laserdisc player growing up but never did, but recently the opportunity presented itself so here I am :)

Post subject: Re: Hello from Tennessee in the USA.
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2018, 17:28 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

We just moved out of Nashville 8 months ago.
I guess you are hitting McKays, Great Escape and Phonolux.

They all have a selection of LDs, McKays is hidden and last time I was there it was about 20-30 discs.
Phonolux has a selection but from what I remember they haven't had any new stuff in some time, but who knows now.
Pretty much the same with Escape.

Enjoy collecting, they are fun.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2018, 10:49 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Better late than never. LD is the truth.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2018, 21:57 
Serious fan
Serious fan

psergeant wrote:
Hi all, I guess I never started a thread to introduce myself.. My name is Paul and I'm very very new to this. I got my first ever laserdisc a few months ago and have been slowly buying a few discs here and there. Love the site and the database, so big thanks to the admin and other who have helped and contributed to getting this site to where it is now. This place has been the best resource I've found.

I'm 39 and live near Nashville, TN USA. I always wanted to get a laserdisc player growing up but never did, but recently the opportunity presented itself so here I am :)

Hi Paul,

I totally agree with what you said above. This place is the best resource you will ever find! It's the first place anyone should turn for information about this grand old video format! In fact, it's quite indispensable for the serious laserdisc collector. There's a wealth of information here, as well as a host of friendly and knowledgeable collectors ready to help you navigate your way around this great hobby! We're glad to have you on board with us here! :thumbup: By the way, I'm located just a few hours North of you in the beautiful Commonwealth of Kentucky, the pride of the Bluegrass! Welcome to the LDDb community! Good luck in your collecting endeavors, and we look forward to hearing from you in the future!

Best Regards,
David :wave:

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2018, 03:42 
True fan
True fan

Welcome to our composite land! I'm around the Nashville area myself and as rein-o mentioned those are the three main places to hit up.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]