It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 09:11

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [CLD-200K] Laserdisc Playback Issues
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2018, 23:20 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Hey all!

I'm having an extremely hard time finding info on this player I recently purchased, it's the Pioneer CLD-200K. It's one of the models that does karaoke and laserdisc. The biggest issue I'm having with it is that when its playing a laserdisc, it stops every few minutes and makes me push the next track button to get to the next scene. It didnt come with the OEM remote and I'm wondering if theres a specific remote I can use to alleviate this or if theres any buttons I need to push?

Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD-200K Laserdisc Playback Issues
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2018, 23:45 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

You are in Karaoke mode.

Move the slide switch on the left of the player to a position that I believe says “normal”.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 00:01 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately the problem still happens even after flipping the switch over to normal :(

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 00:48 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Does anyone know if I have to turn off the player and turn it back on after switching from karaoke mode?

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 00:52 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Should not have to.

I assume the disc you are playing does not have any embedded coding to force the player to "pause" the disc (I assume it has been pausing and not stopping the actual disc).

You might want to power down the unit and then unplug the AC cord to let the caps drain out to see if the cause has been some overload on the IC. Sometimes that fixes odd issues.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 02:10 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

ldfan wrote:
Should not have to.

I assume the disc you are playing does not have any embedded coding to force the player to "pause" the disc (I assume it has been pausing and not stopping the actual disc).

You might want to power down the unit and then unplug the AC cord to let the caps drain out to see if the cause has been some overload on the IC. Sometimes that fixes odd issues.

So what's happening is when I played my laserdisc copy of Fantasia on it, it stops after a few minutes of playing and goes to a green screen that says "select track"

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 02:49 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

If the player is still asking you to select the next track, then it's still in Karaoke mode (it's meant to force the player to pause at every chapter / track and also keep the other functions on like the key controller).

Thus, let me ask you this, when you put this switch to "normal", are there any changes to the LED display that seems to indicate it is leaving Karaoke mode (e.g.: some indicator goes out or comes on)? Also, how does the actual switch feel? Does it appear that when you move it that there is some give to it or does it feel like it slides too freely (I ask this because there is always a chance that the switch is actually not connected as it should to the switch on the board).

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 06:18 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

ldfan wrote:
If the player is still asking you to select the next track, then it's still in Karaoke mode (it's meant to force the player to pause at every chapter / track and also keep the other functions on like the key controller).

Thus, let me ask you this, when you put this switch to "normal", are there any changes to the LED display that seems to indicate it is leaving Karaoke mode (e.g.: some indicator goes out or comes on)? Also, how does the actual switch feel? Does it appear that when you move it that there is some give to it or does it feel like it slides too freely (I ask this because there is always a chance that the switch is actually not connected as it should to the switch on the board).

When I set the switch to normal it feels fine, not too loose or anything, but it doesn't do anything, doesn't go out of karaoke mode. There are some buttons where if I hold them for a second the screen turns blue and goes to normal mode, but then automatically switches back to karaoke mode, when it switches to normal mode there are lights that turn off on it

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 07:08 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

UPDATE: For some reason extended play discs play with no issues, but standard triggers it to play as a karaoke disc

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 07:16 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Okay..... I think I might have your solution....

I finally found a decent picture of your player. There is one additional button that needs to be defeated and that is "single play". This the feature that pauses the disc at every chapter/track stop. In addition, make sure to keep the unit in "normal" mode when playing back movies since the Karaoke mode will muck up the sound for the Karaoke mixing features.

Let me know if this works or not.

jsurico656 wrote:
UPDATE: For some reason extended play discs play with no issues, but standard triggers it to play as a karaoke disc

Do you know if the CLV disc you were playing has chapter marks encoded on it? If not, the disc would just play through. Regardless, check the "single play" feature and make sure it is off.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 17:15 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

ldfan wrote:
Okay..... I think I might have your solution....

I finally found a decent picture of your player. There is one additional button that needs to be defeated and that is "single play". This the feature that pauses the disc at every chapter/track stop. In addition, make sure to keep the unit in "normal" mode when playing back movies since the Karaoke mode will muck up the sound for the Karaoke mixing features.

Let me know if this works or not.

jsurico656 wrote:

Do you know if the CLV disc you were playing has chapter marks encoded on it? If not, the disc would just play through. Regardless, check the "single play" feature and make sure it is off.

Heres a picture I took of my player: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MPhV9X ... p=drivesdk

So all of the discs that have played fine are ones without chapter marks on it. When I try pushing the single play button it turns off but turns back on, and when I do that it quickly switches from karaoke, to normal, and then immediately back to karaoke mode again. Pushing the switch to normal mode on the bottom left corner of the player doesn't seem to do anything, even in combination of pushing the single play button

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 18:22 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

So if you put the player in "normal" mode first and then press the "single play" button to extinguish the indicator, does the single play indicator still keep turning back on?

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 18:47 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

ldfan wrote:
So if you put the player in "normal" mode first and then press the "single play" button to extinguish the indicator, does the single play indicator still keep turning back on?

Yes it does

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 18:48 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Normal mode doesn't seem to do anything when I switch it to and from karaoke mode

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 18:48 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

See if this is the problem......

Taken from the manual of the CLD-V850 which is also a Karaoke model.

Not sure it's related but you can see if your player has the feature.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 19:23 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

ldfan wrote:
See if this is the problem......

Taken from the manual of the CLD-V850 which is also a Karaoke model.

Not sure it's related but you can see if your player has the feature.

My player does have this feature, and when I hold down play it shows that message up on the screen. However, playing a standard play disc with that feature on or off, it still kicks it back to karaoke screen that says "pick a karaoke song" on it

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 19:30 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Running out of ideas at this point. Something doesn't seem to make sense.

Any switches on the back of the unit that might indicate some sort of picture stop/pause feature?

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 20:45 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

ldfan wrote:
Running out of ideas at this point. Something doesn't seem to make sense.

Any switches on the back of the unit that might indicate some sort of picture stop/pause feature?

Unfortunately not, I may have to take this to the Laserdisc Forever group, i haven't been able to get into the group though because the admins wont let me in :(

Thank you for all of your help!

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 21:25 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

The only thing left I can think of is that the “single play” button might be a bit stuck as though it doesn’t have as much free movement vs. the other front panel buttons (does it feel that way to you?) and make the button keep switching constantly.

The reason this could happen is if someone might have disassembled the front panel and never re-attached it properly and making the plastic tab for the button rest on the switch in an awkward way.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 21:53 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

ldfan wrote:
The only thing left I can think of is that the “single play” button might be a bit stuck as though it doesn’t have as much free movement vs. the other front panel buttons (does it feel that way to you?) and make the button keep switching constantly.

The reason this could happen is if someone might have disassembled the front panel and never re-attached it properly and making the plastic tab for the button rest on the switch in an awkward way.

That might be the case, because some of the 1-0 buttons on the top or sticky or don't work at all and the side b button up top doesn't work either, however the single play button is totally fine to push and clicks just fine, maybe something needs to be resoldered?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next