It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:57

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Capturing Laserdiscs
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2018, 22:39 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Hello.

My current setup comprises a CLD-D925, a Micomsoft Framemeister and a Hauppauge HDPVR2 for capturing Laserdiscs to digital formats.

I like to use the Framemeister to upscale the video to 1080p so it looks better on modern displays in my opinion. I was also using a Pioneer VHS/DVDR combo for composite to component passthru as the DVR system I had had a great comb filter. It died on me recently so I've had to take it to be recycled.

What I guess I'm asking is, where do I go from here? I want to streamline my capture process. I don't have the capacity any more to set up a rig at a desk. I have no space for this.

So what I am thinking of is something like the Micomsoft XCapture Mini which, instead of using a connected computer to handle the capture, it captures directly to SD card within the system and has alittle button remote to either take a screenshot or start/stop capturing.

This looks ideal to me, however the XCapture Mini is dogged by a maximum 720p resolution. Is there anything else out there that does the same job but will capture at 1080p/60/30? I just want to hook it up to a capture device, press a button and let it record without the need for a monitor or tv or a desktop or laptop to be involved.

Thoughts on this anyone? Much appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Capturing Laserdiscs
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2018, 18:36 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Maybe an Elgato game capture device with an A/V input will do the trick? Whether it will do 1080P 60fps/30fps I don't know, but the Elgato is supposedly a great game capture device.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]