It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:17

Page 4 of 4 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: What have you been watching?
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 07:57 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

The supplements on my Project A-Ko Perfect Disc (JP), pursuant to doing a thorough update of the current place-holder entry.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 22:31 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

watched Tank Girl

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 23:12 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

Watched all three Van Halen laserdiscs plus the David Lee Roth solo disc in anticipation of the new Van Halen album due to be released in early 2012.

Van Halen: Live Without a Net (1986) [45P6-9022]
Van Halen: Live - Right Here, Right Now [WPLP-9096]
Van Halen: Video Hits vol.1 (1996) [WPLR-42]
David Lee Roth: David Lee Roth (1986) [WPLR-46]

I can't wait!

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011, 16:38 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

ios wrote:
watched Tank Girl

Was that the AC-3 or dts laserdisc?

The only thing I can recall of this film was the trailer in the cinema I think it was played before Species or maybe Apollo 13?

I believe it was exclusively released in dts as was the above titles that year.

What’s the quality like of the picture vs DVD is framing full to the release print, oh gosh! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114614/ reading the budget coast and its gross takings, and the theme is “water” again huh I saw Waterworld that same year in dts and Dolby Stereo at another cinema and that had bit of rough ride on high waters?

Anyhow I just liked to chat about Tank Girl for moment and what of the sound mix, has good use of dialogue panning or is dialogue all but centred channel fixed, I guess it would have good use of sound effects and rock music score, as the poster looks a bit punk-rocker like, lol.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011, 19:33 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

DTS Stereo
it was okay sound wise.. I think its based off a comic book and its somewhat punkish but it does have Ice T in it which is odd he seems to play the same character in every film at least it seems like to me. I haven't seen the dvd so I don't know about the framing.

i know I should have gotten it on DVD instead for at least it would be easier to get rid of. its an okay movie just more than once seems a bit much unless someone is like hard core or something. She can come off as really annoying in situations and it does seem like there are better comic book movies though.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011, 21:09 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

ios wrote:
DTS Stereo
it was okay sound wise.. I think its based off a comic book and its somewhat punkish but it does have Ice T in it which is odd he seems to play the same character in every film at least it seems like to me. I haven't seen the dvd so I don't know about the framing.

i know I should have gotten it on DVD instead for at least it would be easier to get rid of. its an okay movie just more than once seems a bit much unless someone is like hard core or something. She can come off as really annoying in situations and it does seem like there are better comic book movies though.

Hey, ios

Okay I get want your saying you made a bad call on buying the film was it because you, didn’t see it in the cinema and was only curious about it?

I have brought the odd bluray as I didn’t much to the cinema last year or only once so far this year for TinTin and it was like Indiana Jones meets TinTin the John Williams score was pants, lousy! The composer was at his peak years ago 70’s 80’s 90’s stated to get a bit thin and 2000’s :wtf: Indy 4, sounded like bits of War of the Worlds patched together?

I think when a composer shows his, top that is all that his got to offer he’s then got nowhere else to go after that?

So Tank Girl not brilliant just campy or B movie with cult following fans? Hey Blade Runner is in the same league it didn’t do too well box office wise but wow the its smashing 80’s cult sci-fi movie.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011, 22:36 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

BR is awesome and it had Harrison Ford, Sean Young and several others but Tank Girl is campy and I saw it on TV for like a little bit and now watching the whole thing its not like watching a piece of cinematic history like BR and that gives you a whole new outlook on things but it is for those who like that sort of thing maybe like Kevin Smith's films(?)

oh well we live and learn...

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 02:55 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

ios wrote:
BR is awesome and it had Harrison Ford, Sean Young and several others but Tank Girl is campy and I saw it on TV for like a little bit and now watching the whole thing its not like watching a piece of cinematic history like BR and that gives you a whole new outlook on things but it is for those who like that sort of thing maybe like Kevin Smith's films(?)

oh well we live and learn...

Yeah LOL we know what is a good product film. I’d like to get Blade Runner bluray and not making fuss over if its true Dolby TrueHD more like (lossey and a half) after hearing what Mixer Greg P. Russell said last month about Transformers 3.

Its still a damn good film and you can’t buy the 5 disc bluray in the UK off the stores shelf its only 2 disc and personally I like the US international cut as its only few moments of more grimness and more Pris double or triple slapping around Deckard ears! Ouch.

Also the way it ends I like the dreamy milky creamy ending after seeing all the grimness and all they wanted was more life and answers.

I like the way the Vangelis score ends over the mountains the music pinging side to side and forwards and backwards draws me into good classic sci-fi film and hearing with Dolby as I’d like to see a 70mm 6track Dolby stereo print on LARGE THX screen. Its a film I watch in once and while as not to spoil my mood for it and when see again I’m taken in buy the opening WOW the low end 25Hz of the huge fireball flames leaping up over L.A. night time backdrop WOW.

I skipped school with other friends to go and watch this on its first day and I think we were all under age as it was “AA” back then or you had to be at least 15 years of age and I think we were a year or so under age. LOL

I think the print that played was only 35mm Dolby A-type.

I find the colour balance on the region 2 DVD to be less than spot on the money it seems a little off from mirrored to the release print maybe they did that on purpose and the bluray or HD-DVD that everyone was looking at before I brought bluray after it clamed down. I look at the neon lights with blue and the whites within the blue should be white as that is how the film would look and its been a 6, 8 months since I played it and I’m 90% sure it had some trances of overdone on colour, I’ll have to check the opening again when Deckard buys noodles. :D

Sorry I’m at loss Kevin Smith and I see under google he is not Heath Ledger, what is that some joke? I’m confused?

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 05:30 
True fan
True fan

Muppet Christmas Carol, The (1992) [1729 AS] tonight. Pretty good.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 09:06 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I watched the Name of the Rose last night. I always think F. Murray Abraham's American accent is so out of place in that film when everyone else is speaking with a mishmash of Italian, German and French accents...and Sean Connery. Strangely Christian Slater's accent doesn't annoy me as much, perhaps it's because by the time Abraham turns up at the end I've got used to Slater.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 11:45 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

hippiedalek wrote:
when everyone else is speaking with a mishmash of Italian, German and French accents...and Sean Connery.
LOL!

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 16:07 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

“The name of the Rose” that was too strange for me when I saw it on VHS tape just a year after its cinema release. I’d rather forget about that. I can’t even remember how good or bad the Dolby film mix was?

Oddly I can’t even recall the accents I do kinder remember the sound of Drax, who wanted to take of the Earth, :lol: Michael Lonsdale, "JAWS you obey me"!

Post subject: Re: What have you been watching? (2011)
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2019, 23:21 
Site Admin
Site Admin

To be continued on: What have you been watching? (2012)

Page 4 of 4 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4