It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 03:42

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Qdeo in Onkyo 838
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2019, 07:27 
First post
First post

Long time reader, first post. I'm running a CLD79 through a VP30 to my Samsung HDTV, haven't made the leap to 4K yet. I have an Onkyo 838 as my main receiver with the Marvell Qdeo processor. Does this processor have a 3D comb filter? I haven't been able to find a straight answer. The 3line in the 79 does an OK job when fed S video to the VP30 and the composite feed is about the same. HDMI from the Onkyo seems a bit better but I don't have a video essentials to test further. Considering locating a DVR for filtering but it may be moot if the Qdeo will give the same result.

Post subject: Re: Qdeo in Onkyo 838
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2019, 20:59 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

onza wrote:
Long time reader, first post. I'm running a CLD79 through a VP30 to my Samsung HDTV, haven't made the leap to 4K yet. I have an Onkyo 838 as my main receiver with the Marvell Qdeo processor. Does this processor have a 3D comb filter? I haven't been able to find a straight answer. The 3line in the 79 does an OK job when fed S video to the VP30 and the composite feed is about the same. HDMI from the Onkyo seems a bit better but I don't have a video essentials to test further. Considering locating a DVR for filtering but it may be moot if the Qdeo will give the same result.

No QDEO does not have a 3D filter. Onkyo 838 might have a 3D filter ahead of the Qdeo chip. You need to watch some test discs to determine that.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]