It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:00

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Battle Angel (Gunnm) (1993) [CAVBA/001]
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 18:15 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

What is going on here, did I miss out on the free party favors or what.
I've seen multiple copies of this title on ebay selling for a minimum of 125 and up.

Battle Angel (Gunnm) (1993) [CAVBA/001]

Is this just a fad due to the film being out and no DVD yet of this anime??
Or did I miss getting the good stuff and wasn't told that I have to be smoking crazy stuff in order to want to buy this disc
for crazy money????

Post subject: Re: Battle Angel (Gunnm) (1993) [CAVBA/001]
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 18:18 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Movie effect I think. Suddenly mainstream audience discovers Gunnm.

I have 2 sets of these in storage in Singapore that I can't recover before a few months!

ALITA Battle Angel GUNNM Complete Set of 2 LASERDISC Anime Cel LD ART BOOKS RaRe - SOLD for US$499.99

Julien

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 19:02 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

That's what I figured.
I'm holding onto some original Dune pulps waiting for the film to come out, when it does I'll cash in :P

Its the timing, if one can ride it out one can win :ugeek:

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 19:18 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Who are these noobs who go their whole life without something and then once there is a soulless remake or a celebrity death they will pay ANYTHING to have this greatest thing ever?

To be fair, the LD isn’t very common as far as anime OVA LDs go but it’s also...it’s also not very unique. I apologize in advance to hardcore fans of this show who didn’t even know it existed six months ago, but it’s just another OVA. Flashy and superficial like many others, no better or worse than many.

I’ve never owned it but I did buy the manga back in the day and I helped my then girlfriend build a Gally garage kit for a show but that’s the extent of my fandom on this and it should be the same basic way that anyone enjoys this show. It’s not...great. It’s just manga, ya know?

I absolutely refuse to watch that insane huge eyed CG monstrosity called Battle Angel. I’m honestly stunned that they use those giant eyes. That’s one of the most horrendous things I’ve seen in ages. It’s like seeing the Munsters in color and learning they are all green for the first time. You’re like...what idiot thought that was good?

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 19:31 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

If they wanted to they should have put the OAV as a bonus on the BD with the stupid remake. I mean they are all about money which is probably why they chose this property and Ghost in the Shell which I refuse to watch as well. I might have watched an Evangelion LA but that and other anime seriously belong as animes where anything is possible and not confined to the rules of live action which should not use CGI in ever shot if so just make it an animated picture instead damn idiots.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 19:44 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

signofzeta wrote:
Who are these noobs who go their whole life without something and then once there is a soulless remake or a celebrity death they will pay ANYTHING to have this greatest thing ever?

To be fair, the LD isn’t very common as far as anime OVA LDs go but it’s also...it’s also not very unique. I apologize in advance to hardcore fans of this show who didn’t even know it existed six months ago, but it’s just another OVA. Flashy and superficial like many others, no better or worse than many.

I’ve never owned it but I did buy the manga back in the day and I helped my then girlfriend build a Gally garage kit for a show but that’s the extent of my fandom on this and it should be the same basic way that anyone enjoys this show. It’s not...great. It’s just manga, ya know?

I absolutely refuse to watch that insane huge eyed CG monstrosity called Battle Angel. I’m honestly stunned that they use those giant eyes. That’s one of the most horrendous things I’ve seen in ages. It’s like seeing the Munsters in color and learning they are all green for the first time. You’re like...what idiot thought that was good?

Tale as old as time here. Same thing happens whenever a musician, actor etc.. dies. As well as when a new thing comes out. Look at Resident Evil 2 Gamecube or Dreamcast price...

Also, amen to the last paragraph...

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 20:46 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

What happened with Resident Evil lately? Isn’t every RE game ultra common?

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 21:10 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

xtempo wrote:
If they wanted to they should have put the OAV as a bonus on the BD with the stupid remake. I mean they are all about money which is probably why they chose this property and Ghost in the Shell which I refuse to watch as well. I might have watched an Evangelion LA but that and other anime seriously belong as animes where anything is possible and not confined to the rules of live action which should not use CGI in ever shot if so just make it an animated picture instead damn idiots.

I recently watched Aquaman. It’s OK, whatever. Better than most of its genre but so cliche ridden than it’s even ripping off itself half way through. Some good visuals but not as good as Blue Planet II and that ish is REAL. Sound FX are a non-nutritious brew of bass waves, knife sharpening sounds and almost nothing else. The costumes overall were better than most hero movies. I could actually identify the characters before the names were said.

The thing I found myself saying was similar to what you’re getting at here. These “live action” movies are getting to be %90 animation. I addition to that the worst scenes in the movies are often so bad because the starving technician failed to perfectly intigrate the overpaid actor into an otherwise fully animated and synthetic scene. The best scenes are generally the product of someone you’ve never heard of, burried deep in the credits. The director and actors...they really aren’t the ones making the movie.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 21:21 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

This reminds me of Thriller on LD.
When MJ died it was selling for 150 and such, now its back to a too high price of 10-15 bucks.

But so odd how this new MJ program came out and discs don't sell for 150 anymore :silent:

I never knew the LD was even around, I was focused on just getting Japanese only discs but now I'm getting some of the English stuff not on DVD and that's how I
found this, but I would never buy it since a DVD is right around the corner....

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 01:10 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

signofzeta wrote:
What happened with Resident Evil lately? Isn’t every RE game ultra common?

The new RE2 remake. And yeah they are but never underestimate human stupidity.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 01:46 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Wait, but the Cube and DC versions were remakes as well. They want an incrimental update from ages ago? Is the PS version worth more than $10? That thing is SUPER common.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 02:31 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

signofzeta wrote:
Wait, but the Cube and DC versions were remakes as well. They want an incrimental update from ages ago? Is the PS version worth more than $10? That thing is SUPER common.

It's more than it should be that's for sure.

Also just to be clear: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_ ... video_game)

A new and total remake of the game if you were unaware. So of course people have to buy the old versions too.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 03:21 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Yeah, I’m unaware. I couldn’t possibly play any RE game without suffering daymares so I don’t keep up.

IIRC, the changes they made for the first GC one were massive. It was like Symphony of Night compared to Vampire Killer 1...if both games still had HORRIBLE control.

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]