It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:46

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: [DVL-909] Loading Motor Problems
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2019, 05:17 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

I have the situation with my DVL 909 where the loading motor is only turning anticlockwise regardless of whether I press LD or PLAY buttons repeatably.
I suspect that it may be linked to switches S101,S102 or S103,operated by the cam gear switching mechanism, on motor loading pc board LMSB,Part No.
VWG1554.
Because it is so difficult to access is there any way to electrically and physically check the switches out, along with the cam operated switching mechanism, without having to dismantle the player, just about completely.
The exploded diagrams of the mechanism in the service manual really are not much help.
If the worst comes to the worst, and I have to extensively dismantle the player, please can some knowledgeable person tell me how to go about it.
It would be very much appreciated.

Post subject: Re: [DVL-909] Loading Motor Problems
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2019, 18:59 
Honest fan
Honest fan

framal wrote:
I have the situation with my DVL 909 where the loading motor is only turning anticlockwise regardless of whether I press LD or PLAY buttons repeatably.
I suspect that it may be linked to switches S101,S102 or S103,operated by the cam gear switching mechanism, on motor loading pc board LMSB,Part No.
VWG1554.
Because it is so difficult to access is there any way to electrically and physically check the switches out, along with the cam operated switching mechanism, without having to dismantle the player, just about completely.
The exploded diagrams of the mechanism in the service manual really are not much help.
If the worst comes to the worst, and I have to extensively dismantle the player, please can some knowledgeable person tell me how to go about it.
It would be very much appreciated.

I don't know if it's any help, but there's a useful guide to dismantling a 909 in this thread:
https://forum.lddb.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=8356

Post subject: Re: [DVL-909] Loading Motor Problems
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2019, 19:50 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

framal wrote:

When you put a disc in it will spin??? Or just freely with your fingers????

Are you sure that the laser is on side A not stuck in side B?
Did you get this player working and now its broken or was it broken and now you are trying to fix it from scratch???

I don't think there is any reason to field strip the player, and I've never heard or seen any techs doing such.

You need to figure out what it is or isn't doing then fix those problems.

What happens when you insert a disc?
You know that these are not like records and on this player the laser should be on the bottom and you place the disc on the tray with side
A up.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]