It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 09:11

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Sellers charging wayyyy to much for shipping..
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2013, 01:18 
What is it with ebay and sellers charging 14-16 dollars to ship out 5 laserdiscs? Only to find out they shipped it media mail! :crazy: :crazy:

We should start a list here of sellers that charge obnoxious amounts of money for shipping

Post subject: Re: Sellers charging wayyyy to much for shipping..
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2013, 01:44 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

did you ask the seller why they charges so much.
and don't forget, the seller has to pay for tape, cardboard etc.
14-16 is too much but it's not free for a seller to ship, unless you are dealing with new items from amazon, they eat that cost.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2013, 01:50 
they were gonna send it 2-3 day then opted for media mail but failed to tell me ;). I understand tape/carbord etc isn't free I sell as well on there but damn lol

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2013, 02:27 
True fan
True fan

Just ignore the shipping fee and add it to the overall price. On Ebay they charge the seller the same percentage with the listed shipping included. Really it makes no sense anymore to even have a automatic listed shipping fee on Ebay.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2013, 03:10 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

deeseven wrote:
they were gonna send it 2-3 day then opted for media mail but failed to tell me ;). I understand tape/carbord etc isn't free I sell as well on there but damn lol

well demand a refund if they changed the shipping on you and charged more.
but like elvis says, you sometimes have to count that into what you are paying for the item.
just get used to it, i've been counting shipping into my wins for the past 5 or more years :shifty:

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2013, 08:28 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

It takes getting burned once to really pay attention to the shipping costs added on by ebay dealers.
Charging big money and then shipping an inexpensive route is an old trick.
Avoid people that use that ruse.
Thank you, deeseven, for sharing your experience with that particular transaction.

Last edited by firehorse_44 on 12 Dec 2013, 23:10, edited 1 time in total. _________________
Acta Non Verba .....
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum ....
Si Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc ......

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2013, 15:35 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

firehorse_44 wrote:
It takes getting burned once to really pay attention to the shipping costs added on by ebay dealers.
Charging big money and then shipping an inexpensive route is an old trick.
Avoid people that use that ruse.
Thank you, deeseven, for sharing your experience with that particular ebay seller.

yes, i sort of agree, stay away if they are charging too much.
but i just had an item listed on ebay, it was 28 bucks to ship, but ebay charged the buyer 53 bucks :shock:
i still don't really know how that happened since i had the correct weight on the calulator.

anyway i saw this and told the buyer it was the cheaper price and gave the buyer the refund.

so try to ask and make sure the shipping is right before you bid.
i don't like to lose sales due to a wrong shipping price :cry:

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2013, 07:33 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I've been burned more than once on people sending stuff out via Media Mail. It really gets me mad when I ask them specifically if I can pay a bit more for priority. Media mail is the worst; it always takes entirely way too long to get here all so the seller can pocket like $2.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2013, 15:07 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

While it's not through eBay, I'm spending $1,250 to have a player shipped from Japan via FedEx 2-3 day. The shipping charges about made me choke - I even looked them up myself to make sure I wasn't being ripped off and nope, the seller is making a little money from the shipping, which I don't mind, but he's not overcharging me.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2013, 19:32 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Thats gotto be a hld-x0. I paid $1200 for shipping for my hld-x0 in original box and another box outside. This second box increased dimensions and added $200 to shipping (on top of $1000) but it was a $200 well spent as when the unit arrived the outside box was destroyed.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2013, 21:21 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

substance wrote:
Thats gotto be a hld-x0. I paid $1200 for shipping for my hld-x0 in original box and another box outside. This second box increased dimensions and added $200 to shipping (on top of $1000) but it was a $200 well spent as when the unit arrived the outside box was destroyed.

Yes, you are correct sir - and I'm so excited I can't hardly wait. It's being shipped to me directly from Pioneer in Japan on Monday. I never thought I'd get to own one - now I have to find room for it among my 2 Runco's, MSB LS-1, EAD TheaterVision, LD-W1, CLD-1010, CDV-488, LD-1100 and my new Oppo BDT-105 Blu-ray player that has an input to allow you to use the player as a scaler, NR unit, ProcAmp, etc... The XO weighs 80 pounds, right? BTW, the Oppo's audio section was designed by Mark S. Brasfield, designer of the Runco LJR-I and Founder of MSB.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2013, 22:57 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Yes I also own the oppo bdp-105. It is a nice player. It has 2 hdmi input. 1 in the back and 1 in the front. 1 in the front is MHL type which means it provides power. there are also coax and optical inputs as well as an USB input for using its analog section as a dedicated DAC. I suggest you order a multi region mod kit from ebay before they disappear. I bought one for $65 and took me 10mins to install it inside the player. Now it can player all regions of DVDs and BDs. This is a very cheap mod. Already modded players are marked up to additional $500.

I am still exploring the HLD-X0. I would like to find out if the internal power supply can be swapped with one from LD-S2 so it runs on 120V US power. The step down converter I am using have a very skinny power cord I am not sure if its providing the cleanest power.

Now you should really hunt down a PMS Crystalio II VPS-3800(or VPS-3300) to justify your LD player collection. You will be amazed how much this VP improves LD picture. The improvement on HLD-X0 is not that dramatic as its already really good but it will do magic to your other players. When run through it, it gave my DVL-919 a fighting chance against my Kbahr tweaked CLD-97. It improved my MLD-7020 so much that it can sit next to my HLD-X0 now. I know you like the Faroudja NRS units, Crystalio II has a genesis FLI2310 chip with full control. It even has more control options than NRS itself(truelife can be tweaked extensively).

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2013, 23:03 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Here are some info on the TI TVP5160:

-3D Y/C separation or 2D 5-line (5H) adaptive comb and chroma trap filter
3-frame NTSC and PAL color separation
-Temporal frame recursive noise reduction (3DNR)
Frame recursive noise reduction can be applied to interlaced CVBS, S-Video, or component inputs for interlaced signals. Noise reduction can be used at the same time as 3D Y/C separation. Noise reduction cannot be applied to progressive video signals(But you can use Faroudja NRS noise reduction or Gennum VXP or combination of all.
-Line-based time base correction (TBC)
Line-based time correction corrects for horizontal phase errors encountered during video decoding up to ±80 pixels of error. This improves the output video quality from jittery sources such as VCRs. It also reduces line tearing during video trick modes such as fast forward and rewind.

The A/D conversion is done by Analog Devices ADV7321 12bit 216mhz. The only thing I don't like about it is the power supply(all VPs have crap power supplies). I am going to look into building my own power supply for noise free linear power.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2013, 00:11 
True fan
True fan

disclord wrote:
substance wrote:

Yes, you are correct sir - and I'm so excited I can't hardly wait. It's being shipped to me directly from Pioneer in Japan on Monday. I never thought I'd get to own one - now I have to find room for it among my 2 Runco's, MSB LS-1, EAD TheaterVision, LD-W1, CLD-1010, CDV-488, LD-1100 and my new Oppo BDT-105 Blu-ray player that has an input to allow you to use the player as a scaler, NR unit, ProcAmp, etc... The XO weighs 80 pounds, right? BTW, the Oppo's audio section was designed by Mark S. Brasfield, designer of the Runco LJR-I and Founder of MSB.
Congratulations! I'm very excited for you!!!

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2013, 03:12 
thanks for the advice it is much appreciated. Ebay ended up giving me a 15 dollar coupon as the seller wouldn't respond to me. Which works out in the end anyways cause I'll end up spending it there lol. I think the seller thought the items were going to go for more but they didn't so they tried to make their money up by charging a different price and pocketing the rest. Even with the overcharge for shipping I still got 7 laserdiscs for $2.80 a piece, still content with the condition and everything I prefer to get what I paid for. I paid for shipping a and got shipping b.

I wish I could order from japan..the wife is nice enough to even allow me to have laserdiscs so I can't really push it just yet with crazy packages. I use to import video games from japan so I know how crazy those shipping prices can get if you want your package safely and before the turn of the century lol

congrats on your package disclord :)

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2013, 03:27 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Sweet :) Enjoy the X0!

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 16:57 
There are so many Ebay sellers with large LD inventories who offer FREE shipping on 5 or 6 discs that I wouldn't even dream of paying $15 for shipping. :shock:

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 17:31 
Site Admin
Site Admin

diggy_dude wrote:
There are so many Ebay sellers with large LD inventories who offer FREE shipping on 5 or 6 discs that I wouldn't even dream of paying $15 for shipping. :shock:

I suppose you are referring to USA sellers with USA shipping. I would LOVE to pay that kind of shipping costs. France is more expensive than that.

Rest of the world is... complicated. Singapore just "simplified" their price list. Where it used to be by steps of 0.5Kg, now it jumps from 2 to 5 to 10 Kg.

Shipping 5~6 discs Airmail today costs above $80. And we're not even talking about EMS.

Julien

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 17:47 
admin wrote:
diggy_dude wrote:

I suppose you are referring to USA sellers with USA shipping. I would LOVE to pay that kind of shipping costs. France is more expensive than that.

Rest of the world is... complicated. Singapore just "simplified" their price list. Where it used to be by steps of 0.5Kg, now it jumps from 2 to 5 to 10 Kg.

Shipping 5~6 discs Airmail today costs above $80. And we're not even talking about EMS.

Julien

Shipping from Southeast Asia to the USA is strange too. I often get free shipping on items ordered from China, Singapore, or Thailand. I suspect it would cost quite a bit if I had to return an item though. One would think it would cost less to ship something domestically within Singapore than to ship it to the USA. Perhaps some Asian countries subsidize shipping costs on items sold to America to promote international trade.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2015, 00:36 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

i've noticed that on ebay more recently...CRAZY

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next