It is currently 17 Jul 2019, 03:47

Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Disney Will Never Restore Original Star Wars Trilogy
PostPosted: 13 May 2019, 16:15 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

I’d like to be more excited by Disney’s TV stuff. It was a step closer to the real thing but in the end it was still inhuman junk. It’s main purpose was the dominate the TV dial with import sweatshop labor. It’s no different that filling stores with cheap T shirts.

To it’s credit, you could tell there were talents at various stages of production, it shows, but it’s still depressingly cheap. Not cheap on the screen exactly, but cheap in that they wouldn’t pay anyone to paint the cels unless their health insurance was provided by a foreign government. The kind of cheap that spreads the production so far around the planet nobody knows each other and both collective bargaining and artistic cohesion are impossible.

PostPosted: 13 May 2019, 16:37 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Hey, I like my wallyworld cheap Voltron T-shirt for 4.99 no tax :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 13 May 2019, 23:55 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

signofzeta wrote:
I’d like to be more excited by Disney’s TV stuff. It was a step closer to the real thing but in the end it was still inhuman junk. It’s main purpose was the dominate the TV dial with import sweatshop labor. It’s no different that filling stores with cheap T shirts.

To it’s credit, you could tell there were talents at various stages of production, it shows, but it’s still depressingly cheap. Not cheap on the screen exactly, but cheap in that they wouldn’t pay anyone to paint the cels unless their health insurance was provided by a foreign government. The kind of cheap that spreads the production so far around the planet nobody knows each other and both collective bargaining and artistic cohesion are impossible.

Well that just sounds like Disney in general if you ask me. Walt himself was hardly the saint everyone thinks he was.

PostPosted: 14 May 2019, 01:21 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

takeshi666 wrote:
signofzeta wrote:

Well that just sounds like Disney in general if you ask me. Walt himself was hardly the saint everyone thinks he was.

Of all the f-ed up thinks about Disney, I can’t really blame the guy who died in 1966 for much of it. At least when he was alive the movies were good, even the live action ones often. He was never afraid to trust the right human talent.

TRIVA: according to Wikipedia The Jungle Book, the last animated movie Walt worked on, is still the highest grossing film in Germany’s history. That’s pretty awesome, honestly. I think I like Germany a little more knowing that Titanic isn’t even close. I’m not even going to check Avatar. If there any law at all in the Black Forest they would ban it completely!

Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4