It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:33

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CDV-870] E-87 Error code
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2018, 02:27 
I'm having some trouble with my Yamaha CDV-870. It just started today. Whenever I turn it on, there is an intense low buzzing noise that continues for far longer than normal (normally it only lasts a few seconds). When I insert a disc, be it a CD or LD, it spins up before refusing to play, all the while making that buzzing noise. I've tried looking at the service manual but it's of no help.

If worst comes to worst, what's a good player to replace it? I'm not picky about the brand, but digital out is a must. AC3-RF and Both Sides Play would be great, but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg. My max budget is about 200-300 USD. Any advice would be helpful.

Post subject: Re: [CDV-870] E-87 Error code  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2018, 07:03 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Sounds like another stretched belt issue (pretty typical with all LD players when they reach this age) but hard to say since it appears that the E-87 error appears to be related to the laser pick-up not detecting the disc.

You might want to open up the player and see if there is a belt related to moving the laser pick-up back and forth (not a loading belt that moves the tray).

As for a player with a digital output and AC3-RF out, there are plenty of options. Probably the cheapest you could find would be a Pioneer CLD-D504 or equivalent clone (CLD-D604 or equivalent if you want digital field memory for CLV special effects). Just search on ebay and see what they are going for (I'm sure they are less than what you want to spend).

<<<<< Correction. I forgot the that the CLD-D504 does not have a standard digital output so the choice would have to be a CLD-D604 that has both. My apoligies. >>>>

Post subject: Re: [CDV-870] E-87 Error code
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 00:54 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

CLD-D406 is also a good low cost unit that has these options.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]