It is currently 07 Jul 2020, 16:47




 Page 21 of 21 [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2019, 07:25 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 02:41
Posts: 1405
Location: Finland
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 122 times
forper wrote:
Is "Gorilla" Raw Deal??

Yes, they also renamed Red Heat "Red Bull" for some reason
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2019, 08:38 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate
User avatar

Joined: 01 May 2016, 06:38
Posts: 2095
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 287 times
Been thanked: 179 times
ok. thanks. I remember the two youngest members of Morning Musume calling James Brown a gorilla on Jap TV after their appearance together. shameful.
_________________
Sony MDP-650//Sony MDP-355GX//DVDO VP-50//Sony KV-HR36M31
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2019, 11:59 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 02:41
Posts: 1405
Location: Finland
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 122 times
Just watched it, probably the worst looking LD I've seen so far. Terrible transfer with murky colours, a lot of hiss on the soundtrack.

Decided to watch Universal Soldier right after, difference is like day and night. The side break was probably the most abrupt one I've seen, and the silliest thing is that the next scene is so short that they could've easily fit it on side 1!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2019, 15:21 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 01:55
Posts: 1411
Location: United States
Has thanked: 475 times
Been thanked: 150 times
takeshi666 wrote:
Just watched it, probably the worst looking LD I've seen so far. Terrible transfer with murky colours, a lot of hiss on the soundtrack.

Decided to watch Universal Soldier right after, difference is like day and night. The side break was probably the most abrupt one I've seen, and the silliest thing is that the next scene is so short that they could've easily fit it on side 1!


That's disappointing, I wonder if the US LD is any better.
_________________
My collection. If it's not anime, it's probably available for sale or trade.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2019, 16:29 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 19:05
Posts: 6480
Location: United States
Has thanked: 298 times
Been thanked: 248 times
Never that those, but for some reason I feel like a few American films on Japanese LDs are just shot from the projector.

Friday the 13th really seemed that way when I had it, I even thought I could hear the projector in the background.

Can't remember now but I had a film where the sidebreak was in the middle of a sentence.
Could have been I Am A Fugitive From A Chain Gang USA release?
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2019, 21:42 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 02:41
Posts: 1405
Location: Finland
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 122 times
gypsy wrote:
takeshi666 wrote:
Just watched it, probably the worst looking LD I've seen so far. Terrible transfer with murky colours, a lot of hiss on the soundtrack.

Decided to watch Universal Soldier right after, difference is like day and night. The side break was probably the most abrupt one I've seen, and the silliest thing is that the next scene is so short that they could've easily fit it on side 1!


That's disappointing, I wonder if the US LD is any better.

Well I know someone was trying to get the US release here but they weren't having much luck due to it's high rot rate so it's kind of a crap tradeoff even if it does have a better transfer.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2019, 23:19 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity
User avatar

Joined: 25 Sep 2019, 00:14
Posts: 28
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
rein-o wrote:
That Ghost in the Shell box is fantastic, I had it but since my collecting habits are changing I sold it off and picked up the DVD.
From what I remember without searching it also had CC English subtitles so you can watch it on your TV without anything extra unless you don't have CC in your TV.


Most TV's made in the last 8-10 years have CC on them.
You just need to turn it on.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2019, 17:52 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested
User avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2006, 20:33
Posts: 55
Location: United States
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Ordered and to arrive shortly: Hercules in New York. Schwarzenegger's first American film, iirc. Pan and Scan, mono analog. Can't wait!
_________________
CLD-1070 / CLD-D701 / CLD-V2800 / DVL-909
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2019, 10:35 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 08 Aug 2019, 06:39
Posts: 269
Location: VT USA
Has thanked: 170 times
Been thanked: 93 times
spudeus wrote:
Ordered and to arrive shortly: Hercules in New York. Schwarzenegger's first American film, iirc. Pan and Scan, mono analog. Can't wait!

It's hilarious that they both dubbed over his voice in that movie, and credited him as "Arnold Strong".
_________________
You know, excuse me, this is, a damn fine cup of coffee.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2019, 01:57 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 01:55
Posts: 1411
Location: United States
Has thanked: 475 times
Been thanked: 150 times
Getting some LDs for the first time in awhile via a trade for some games I didn't want anymore.

Lots of Bond, this is the full list.

Casino Royale
Thunderball
View to Kill
Spy who loved me
For your eyes only
You only live twice
License to Kill
Connery Collection - Dr No, Russia With Love, Goldfinger
Octopussy
Moonraker
Diamonds are forever
Slapstick of another kind
My bloody valentine
Ben Hur
Metalstorm
Lawrence of arabia
Prince of Darkness
CHUD
Candyman
_________________
My collection. If it's not anime, it's probably available for sale or trade.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2019, 03:38 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate
User avatar

Joined: 01 May 2016, 06:38
Posts: 2095
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 287 times
Been thanked: 179 times
gypsy wrote:
CHUD
8-)
_________________
Sony MDP-650//Sony MDP-355GX//DVDO VP-50//Sony KV-HR36M31
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2019, 05:14 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 01:55
Posts: 1411
Location: United States
Has thanked: 475 times
Been thanked: 150 times
forper wrote:
gypsy wrote:
CHUD
8-)


He has more trashy horror that I want too, but those are LDs that have held there value a bit. I at least traded for them at under eBay values.
_________________
My collection. If it's not anime, it's probably available for sale or trade.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2019, 08:14 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jun 2019, 06:17
Posts: 274
Location: New Zealand
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 42 times
I wish i had time in life to sit down relax and enjoy the old james bonds, i have seen and loved them from Goldeneye forward
_________________
CLD-R7G
CLD-D590
VSA-E07
Check out my small but loved collection here..
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2019, 00:40 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity
User avatar

Joined: 25 Sep 2019, 00:14
Posts: 28
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
gypsy wrote:
Getting some LDs for the first time in awhile via a trade for some games I didn't want anymore.

Lots of Bond, this is the full list.

Casino Royale
Thunderball
View to Kill
Spy who loved me
For your eyes only
You only live twice
License to Kill
Connery Collection - Dr No, Russia With Love, Goldfinger
Octopussy
Moonraker
Diamonds are forever
Slapstick of another kind
My bloody valentine
Ben Hur
Metalstorm
Lawrence of arabia
Prince of Darkness
CHUD
Candyman


Great list. And like you. I'm working on my 007 LD. Have a few. And looking to pick up a few every month.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2019, 00:50 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity
User avatar

Joined: 25 Sep 2019, 00:14
Posts: 28
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
pokefraker wrote:
spudeus wrote:
Ordered and to arrive shortly: Hercules in New York. Schwarzenegger's first American film, iirc. Pan and Scan, mono analog. Can't wait!

It's hilarious that they both dubbed over his voice in that movie, and credited him as "Arnold Strong".


Have fun with it. It's a real kick & a laugh.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought? (2019)
PostPosted: 31 May 2020, 04:37 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 23:37
Posts: 2945
Location: Tokyo
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 317 times
To be continued on: What was the last laserdisc you bought?
_________________
LDDb on Facebook!
HLD-X0/X9 | LG-1 RFD-1 MSC-4000 | Lumagen 2144
DHS-8.8 | Oppo 205 | SL-1200G
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 21 of 21 [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: