It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:52

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-D925] E0, did I just f***ing broke my player ?
PostPosted: 13 May 2019, 10:10 
Serious fan
Serious fan

So, you may remember me having playback issues with side B (severe skipping during silence of the lamb topic) on my CLD 925.
I (finally) searched for the cause of this by opening my player, and my guess was that, what I think are the alignement screws on top of the laser block weren't that well screwd in. So I fiddled with it until I got the problem fixed (wich I did not), so i guessed that wasn't the solution with the picture getting all over the place and i tried to screw them back to, approximatively, their original position.
During that, I might have pushed a little to hard on the block because I heard a "click" then the block just stopped moving and the player stopped working displaying an E0 error on the screen.
So, did I just f***ing broke my player like a dumbass ?
pictures of the block :

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: E0, did I just f***ing broke my player ?
PostPosted: 13 May 2019, 14:23 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I'm no tech but if you heard a noise you probably broke something.

Don't want to rub it in, but this is a lesson to learn, don't tinker with your players to make it play that 2 dollar disc you got out of some bin that is all warped.

Now for possible advice to your situation.

How hard were you pushing that you would have heard this noise??
And is it possible that you pushed this piece out of tracks and need to get it back in the gears?

Sorry I can't tell anything from your pictures.
Good luck.

PostPosted: 13 May 2019, 14:42 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

ryosaeba84 wrote:
So, you may remember me having playback issues with side B (severe skipping during silence of the lamb topic) on my CLD 925.
I (finally) searched for the cause of this by opening my player, and my guess was that, what I think are the alignement screws on top of the laser block weren't that well screwd in. So I fiddled with it until I got the problem fixed (wich I did not), so i guessed that wasn't the solution with the picture getting all over the place and i tried to screw them back to, approximatively, their original position.
During that, I might have pushed a little to hard on the block because I heard a "click" then the block just stopped moving and the player stopped working displaying an E0 error on the screen.
So, did I just f***ing broke my player like a dumbass ?
pictures of the block :
ImageImage

Wait you were randomly turning screws on the actual laser pickup? That was not a good idea, the adjustments you might have wanted to try are not on the actual pickup.

The E0 is a slider error so the pickup is stuck, you should be able to move it by **gently** spinning the gears by hand but you might be well past that point now....

Just looked at your pics and if those are what you messed with you can probably kiss the player goodbye, that is probably the grating which is one thing none of us DIY'ers ever want to mess with.

PostPosted: 13 May 2019, 16:32 
Serious fan
Serious fan

So I managed to get it back on track and it's moving and all, now second problem, trying to get the screws I screwed with to a position where both picture and sound playback are fine. Any idea on how to know which position to have ?

PostPosted: 13 May 2019, 16:37 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Are the screws you turned on the pickup itself, or on the rail assemblies?

PostPosted: 13 May 2019, 17:12 
Serious fan
Serious fan

on the pickup itself (the ones circled in red https://www.noelshack.com/2019-20-1-155 ... pickup.jpg)

PostPosted: 13 May 2019, 18:08 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I know what the middle one does is the Side B Tangential adjustment which raises or lowers one end of the pickup. However that won't affect playback on side A. Unfortunately Pioneer doesn't document what the other two are and without an alignment jig, the pickup is probably not recoverable. You might get lucky and find someone that can realign it for you.

That said, working pickups are cheap ($50-100). Pioneer used that same pickup in practically every player after 1995. The only difference is in some of the plastic attachments. The attached image is the LD pickup for the DVL series, but aside from the plastic attachments, it is the same as the one you have.
Attachment:
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg [ 45.92 KiB | Viewed 2693 times ]

If you can't get the one you have to work, you can get one from another machine, swap the plastics and put it in yours. If you do that, PLEASE remove the 4 screws from the motor holder and take the holder and it's two gears off and save them. You can never have too many extra motor mounts.

PostPosted: 13 May 2019, 19:00 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Well, 50-100 $ isn't cheap, at that price I might as well get another player.
huh...what have I done... really, why did I thought fiddling with that stuff would be any good for my playback issue.
Anyway, thanks for the support you provided, even if it was entirely my fault on this.

PostPosted: 13 May 2019, 19:50 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Oh, D925 players sell between $250 and $700 here in the US. For me, a new pickup is cheaper.

PostPosted: 13 May 2019, 19:54 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Post subject: Re: [CLD-D925] E0, did I just f***ing broke my player ?
PostPosted: 14 May 2019, 12:32 
Serious fan
Serious fan

700 for a D925, wtf are those prices, you could probably find an HLD player for that price.
Yeah well I f***ed up now I have to live with it, do you guys know any good players (that are not too rare) with a digital output (apart from the obvious dvl series) and that has a PAL/NTSC compatibility.

Post subject: Re: [CLD-D925] E0, did I just f***ing broke my player ?
PostPosted: 14 May 2019, 18:30 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Assuming you want dual side playback, the CLD-2950 is your other choice. Although it cannot play AC-3.

PostPosted: 15 May 2019, 03:05 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

ryosaeba84 wrote:
Well, 50-100 $ isn't cheap, at that price I might as well get another player.
huh...what have I done... really, why did I thought fiddling with that stuff would be any good for my playback issue.
Anyway, thanks for the support you provided, even if it was entirely my fault on this.

I wish you the best of luck in buying a player for $100. I paid $300 last year to get my CLD-99 going again. Was it a good price? I don’t know, there aren’t any near-mint CLD-99s for anything like $300 so I’m totally cool with it.

If you don’t fix the 925 I hope you give it to someone who will spend $50-100 on it to get it running. Please don’t chuck it. We need all the players we can get.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

Post subject: Re: [CLD-D925] E0, did I just f***ing broke my player ?  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 23 May 2019, 16:03 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Hello,

I had a look at ryosaeba84's player yesterday. Unfortunately, I think that the pickup is dead.
I was not able to have a picture in side A or side B. There was a screw with the head very damaged (wrong screwdriver I presume), I was able to unscrew it but.. I think than it's damaged something when it was screwed too far.. :/ Tried to do Side A & B Tangential adjustment but it didn't change anything.

And one more thing, there is one axle of the holder which is broken. :(

I think that he should find an other player, to replace his player or if he wants to try, replace the pickup. In France there is often 310 or 315 player for few euros (30-50€), there is lot of pieces which are the same on the D925, and also the pickup.

So, I was not able to do a miracle :(

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]