It is currently 24 Oct 2019, 06:29




 Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Is the LDDB shop legit?
PostPosted: 28 May 2019, 05:30 
Serious fan
Serious fan
User avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2014, 09:12
Posts: 135
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I browsed the LDDB shop here and the amount of items is extensive. Is this legit or is the just residue listings from years ago?
Seems it has more listings than eBay?
Or does it search eBay and bring up the list here?
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is the LDDB shop legit?
PostPosted: 28 May 2019, 08:14 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post
User avatar

Joined: 05 Oct 2018, 19:58
Posts: 9
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time
It's legit, this is the largest LD shop in the world, not related to eBay or anything else. There's also limited risk. When you place an order the seller needs to contact you to finalize the order and ask for payment. So in case the shop is dorment you are not contacted. While not very friendly, it won't cost you anything :)

Have fun shopping!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is the LDDB shop legit?
PostPosted: 28 May 2019, 08:21 
Honest fan
Honest fan
User avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 10:20
Posts: 119
Location: France
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 9 times
Yes the shop is totally legit, and it has absolutely nothing to do with ebay, just compare the prices of some LDs here vs ebay, and you'd see the difference.
_________________
Loyalty above else, except Honor.
Online
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is the LDDB shop legit?
PostPosted: 28 May 2019, 10:55 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 23:37
Posts: 2527
Location: Tokyo
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 175 times
rch928 wrote:
I browsed the LDDB shop here and the amount of items is extensive. Is this legit or is the just residue listings from years ago?


Shops with not login/visit from the seller will be closed after 6 months to avoid obsolete inventories.

rch928 wrote:
Seems it has more listings than eBay?


Yes and no, but, hopefully, more organized than eBay. A lot of the eBay listings are using the cover from LDDb, probably out of laziness.
There's 60,843 LDs for sale on LDDb right now, and typing "laserdisc" on eBay.com gives 68,794 listings with many lots.

Only missing function -- although 90% of the code was written -- is the ability to create lots (like a movie trilogy or a TV series set).

rch928 wrote:
Or does it search eBay and bring up the list here?


Absolutely not :-) Although some sellers might offer the same LD on both platforms at the same time.

Image

Julien
_________________
LDDb on Facebook!
HLD-X9 | LG-1 | RFD-1 | MSC-4000 | Lumagen 2144
DHS-8.8 | Oppo 205 | SL-1200G
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is the LDDB shop legit?
PostPosted: 28 May 2019, 17:15 
Serious fan
Serious fan
User avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2014, 09:12
Posts: 135
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
ryosaeba84 wrote:
Yes the shop is totally legit, and it has absolutely nothing to do with ebay, just compare the prices of some LDs here vs ebay, and you'd see the difference.


Yes I noticed prices here are cheaper too
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is the LDDB shop legit?
PostPosted: 28 May 2019, 17:17 
Serious fan
Serious fan
User avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2014, 09:12
Posts: 135
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
admin wrote:
rch928 wrote:
I browsed the LDDB shop here and the amount of items is extensive. Is this legit or is the just residue listings from years ago?


Shops with not login/visit from the seller will be closed after 6 months to avoid obsolete inventories.

rch928 wrote:
Seems it has more listings than eBay?


Yes and no, but, hopefully, more organized than eBay. A lot of the eBay listings are using the cover from LDDb, probably out of laziness.
There's 60,843 LDs for sale on LDDb right now, and typing "laserdisc" on eBay.com gives 68,794 listings with many lots.

Only missing function -- although 90% of the code was written -- is the ability to create lots (like a movie trilogy or a TV series set).

rch928 wrote:
Or does it search eBay and bring up the list here?


Absolutely not :-) Although some sellers might offer the same LD on both platforms at the same time.

Image

Julien


its interesting that the sales and inventory are growing too...
given the forum's activity, I figured about only 100 or so people visit the site so the stores must be very inactive
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is the LDDB shop legit?
PostPosted: 28 May 2019, 18:28 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 19:05
Posts: 5892
Location: United States
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 143 times
rch928

Why are you sending me messages about wanting to buy a player?

I tried to search one locally but couldn't find any I even posted ads, I live in the middle east and I know that is a long distance but its my only option. I am willing to pay up towards $200 for a decent player (shipping excluded). A US address will be used which will then be handled by a shipping forwarding company I use(you don't have to worry about this).

I was told if you double box it with enough bubble wrap in and out it should survive the trip.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is the LDDB shop legit?
PostPosted: 28 May 2019, 19:30 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 04 Apr 2004, 18:11
Posts: 303
Location: Switzerland
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times
rch928 wrote:
its interesting that the sales and inventory are growing too...
given the forum's activity, I figured about only 100 or so people visit the site so the stores must be very inactive


You just have to look at the "recently sold" items to see that every day, at least one disc ist sold.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is the LDDB shop legit?
PostPosted: 28 May 2019, 23:03 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan
User avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2012, 23:14
Posts: 687
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 33 times
rch928 wrote:
its interesting that the sales and inventory are growing too...
given the forum's activity, I figured about only 100 or so people visit the site so the stores must be very inactive


"given the forum's activity, I figured about only 100 or so people visit the site so the stores must be very inactive"...... I have no idea how many people actually "visit" this site but I think you may have figured incorrectly.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is the LDDB shop legit?
PostPosted: 28 May 2019, 23:33 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 09:44
Posts: 3784
Location: United States
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 215 times
It’s totally legit. All the boner pills I bought here work fine.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is the LDDB shop legit?
PostPosted: 28 May 2019, 23:53 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 23:37
Posts: 2527
Location: Tokyo
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 175 times
rch928 wrote:
given the forum's activity, I figured about only 100 or so people visit the site so the stores must be very inactive


There are a lot more people only reading the forum and not contributing.

But as accounts (still active -- that is with some activity in the past 3 years) go:

Image

LD Collections follow a similar pattern:

Image

As do Wishlists:

Image

The feedbacks (when left, that's not nearly often enough!) are also steady:

Image

Julien
_________________
LDDb on Facebook!
HLD-X9 | LG-1 | RFD-1 | MSC-4000 | Lumagen 2144
DHS-8.8 | Oppo 205 | SL-1200G
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is the LDDB shop legit?
PostPosted: 31 May 2019, 19:54 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 01:55
Posts: 908
Location: United States
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 51 times
Never had a problem buying here yet. Unlike eBay...
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is the LDDB shop legit?
PostPosted: 31 May 2019, 20:59 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan
User avatar

Joined: 02 Apr 2006, 21:20
Posts: 1574
Location: United States
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 19 times
If there is a problem Julien helps out a lot.:D
_________________
DVD&BDs | LD/DVHS Collection | Criterion
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is the LDDB shop legit?
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2019, 04:16 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested
User avatar

Joined: 03 Jun 2019, 23:31
Posts: 54
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Yeah. I've only been using the LDDB shop for about a month and i've had nothing but good experience.

Really solid shops on here; Some like to take their sweet time on shipping, though.

I got a bunch of my recent titles on here and some from ebay.. i buy from whomever has the better price and condition. Rarely it's ebay.

I've only had bad luck with LD on ebay. Two rotters sold at VG+.

--

Now if only "Good burger" and "the Wizard" would show up... i love those movie.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is the LDDB shop legit?
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2019, 04:57 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 01:55
Posts: 908
Location: United States
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 51 times
vectrex3000 wrote:
I've only had bad luck with LD on ebay. Two rotters sold at VG+.


Most sellers on eBay don't care about LD. They only care that they have something they can sell. Most of the shop owners here are nice/friendly and care about LD.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is the LDDB shop legit?
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2019, 14:20 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 19:05
Posts: 5892
Location: United States
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 143 times
vectrex3000 wrote:

Now if only "Good burger" and "the Wizard" would show up... i love those movie.

Sorry, If I had those I would be selling them to you :mrgreen:
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron