It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:17

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: CLD-97 Drive Gear?
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2019, 16:20 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

My CLD-97 now fails to engage the laser when loading a disc. Basically I can hear the laser assembly motor whirring after disc loading. Taking the cover off, I can see that the gear that the laser assembly uses to ride across the main track broke off and I can only find half the cog. The other half is probably stuck to somewhere inside. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement cog? If I have that the fix should be within my capabilities, and wouldn’t require a full laser assembly replacement.

Did Pioneer use a standard track and gear assembly such that I could take a gear from a different player?

Sorry if my description doesn’t make sense. I took a couple of photos, but can’t post them at the moment. Any help appreciated. I do have other players, but would hate to lose this one for losing a simple cog.

If all else fails, I will try to have one 3D printed.

Post subject: Re: CLD-97 Drive Gear?  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2019, 03:13 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Buy a non-working CLD-2080 and hopefully that gear is good on that one and swap it onto your laser.

Post subject: Re: CLD-97 Drive Gear?
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2019, 01:27 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

krbahr wrote:
Buy a non-working CLD-2080 and hopefully that gear is good on that one and swap it onto your laser.

Thanks, I am working on acquiring one. If I can’t source one, I was able to determine it is a 14mm, 16 tooth, 38 pitch gear. It looks like it is possible to have one custom made, but would probably be relatively expensive for a single one.

Post subject: Re: CLD-97 Drive Gear?
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2019, 21:00 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

ffrolvaag wrote:
krbahr wrote:

Thanks, I am working on acquiring one. If I can’t source one, I was able to determine it is a 14mm, 16 tooth, 38 pitch gear. It looks like it is possible to have one custom made, but would probably be relatively expensive for a single one.

Maybe you can look into somebody 3D printing it. That should not be too expensive.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]