It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:08

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: WEIRD my CLD-79 works normally again
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2019, 17:55 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

So I just got my players out of storage and all my LD players work normally even my CLD-79 which in a long ago thread I made it repeated scenes over and over again and possibly due to the belt. I put Disclosure in both the LDS1 and CLD-79 and plays fine. I couldn't put it in the small portable I have but I did have Blondes and Brunettes which work flawlessly.

Just wished my VHD players were more robust and worked because I don't want to buy another one.

Post subject: Re: WEIRD my CLD-79 works normally again
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2019, 00:21 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I had the opposite issue with my DVD player.
It was in storage for about 2 months, when I finally set it up after about 4 months total it would open and close automatically and not stay open
to put the disc in.

Figured it was the belt, I ordered 2 different belts on ebay, both were the wrong size so I put the old one back in and now it works fine.
I know I'll need to replace the belt but its very odd, could have been dirty? or who knows.

Good luck with the VHD, if you didn't run it that hard and the people before you didn't run it hard it may be from sitting or even a light film on the rubber
during storage?
Or as you posted in the other topic possibly stylus but I have no experience with VHD, I just know how it is
expecting something to work when you pull it out and find out its broken and now have a project on your hands.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]