It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 09:00

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Does anyone have A Goofy Movie (1995) on Laserdisc
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2019, 01:59 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

I'm sorry to keep doing this, but it is driving me batty!

So, I was wrong when I said the Yu-Gi-Oh! movie was the only one I needed to have closure. Apparently, I also need A Goofy Movie in my life.

There was one on LDDB as recently as 12 hours ago, it was $49.95 or "best offer." I was fooled by that "best offer," I offered something I thought was fair, but of course, no response from the seller and of course, someone else buys it. I really resent that, by the way. Why have a "best offer" button if you're not open to any real offers?

Anyway, you guys know the score. If you're willing to lend me or sell me this disc, I'd appreciate it and we can discuss terms.

Thanks.

-N

Post subject: Re: Does anyone have A Goofy Movie (1995) on Laserdisc
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2019, 02:15 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

nikoliberty wrote:
There was one on LDDB as recently as 12 hours ago, it was $49.95 or "best offer." I was fooled by that "best offer," I offered something I thought was fair, but of course, no response from the seller and of course, someone else buys it. I really resent that, by the way. Why have a "best offer" button if you're not open to any real offers?

I too had this happen recently, but it really wasn't about my lowball offer it was that another person just bought it at full price.
Wish I had it, I would have some extra spending cash tonight :lol:

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2019, 05:11 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I had a guy offer me something and before I could respond he bought it at full price. I’m not a professional seller so I guess I wasn’t fast enough to satisfy people super impatient about getting stuff TODAY that’s been sitting on eBay for 20 years.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2019, 10:18 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

hahaha

"FOMO" I guess? I do it too, I'm getting better at holding off for the right moment but if you sleep on something that you know was meant for you and someone else buys it, it's the worst feeling. Like what happened to the above guy.

yeah I still think you shouldn't sleep if you really appreciate what's on offer and the price is reasonable, just do it.

I guess my problem really is buying stuff I think is kinda cool or I'll get around to appreciating at some point. At my age life is too short to focus on kinda cool stuff you missed out on before, just focus on the stuff you really love I think. There's already too much of that to fully appreciate in a lifetime.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2019, 13:49 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

forper wrote:

"FOMO" I guess? I do it too, I'm getting better at holding off for the right moment but if you sleep on something that you know was meant for you and someone else buys it, it's the worst feeling. Like what

I had a small fomo where I bought 3 LDs that were the singular copy available for sale on the internet recently. But I had been wanting them for awhile and regretted not buying the Project A-Ko movies that were listed on here for awhile. They also weren't that bad. I averaged about $23 shipped per movie for them.

Fingers crossed that they all arrive safely since they can't really even be replaced.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2019, 16:03 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Forgot I had that as the seller, guy offered me 10 on a pair of books that I had listed at 15.
Would have taken the offer but it was late at night, then when I saw the offer in the morning I saw they also sold to the same person,
so they couldn't wait and I made more money.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2019, 10:58 
True fan
True fan

The goofy movie is one of my childhood favourites. I remember my mum recorded it off the telly onto a tape along with jingle all the way. Let's just say that tape got absolutely rinsed. Earlier this year, I finally decided to hunt for the laserdisc release. This consisted of me checking Ebay every day because it's not a very common disc. Eventually I found one for sale. Living in the UK I had to import a copy from the us for about $50. Considering it's a disc I rarely see for sale I didn't wanna lose out. I havent watched it yet. Saving it for when I'm off for christmas next week. And yes I will be watching jingle all the way directly afterwards. :thumbup:

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2019, 15:48 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

odotb3 wrote:
The goofy movie is one of my childhood favourites. I remember my mum recorded it off the telly onto a tape along with jingle all the way. Let's just say that tape got absolutely rinsed. Earlier this year, I finally decided to hunt for the laserdisc release. This consisted of me checking Ebay every day because it's not a very common disc. Eventually I found one for sale. Living in the UK I had to import a copy from the us for about $50. Considering it's a disc I rarely see for sale I didn't wanna lose out. I havent watched it yet. Saving it for when I'm off for christmas next week. And yes I will be watching jingle all the way directly afterwards. :thumbup:

Enjoy your Christmas big disc spin!!

I must have "seen" this Goofy Movie over a dozen times as my son who was at the age where kids watch things they like over & over again had a VHS copy on anytime he could bang it into the player - think the tape is still in a box somewhere.

Cheers.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2019, 22:21 
True fan
True fan

Thanks Je280!

I hope you and everyone one else on this forum had a merry christmas!

I definitely enjoyed watching this one. Picture and sound is great. Sorry to @nikoliberty but I wont be selling my copy any time soon. :P

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2020, 18:18 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

nikoliberty wrote:
I'm sorry to keep doing this, but it is driving me batty!

So, I was wrong when I said the Yu-Gi-Oh! movie was the only one I needed to have closure. Apparently, I also need A Goofy Movie in my life.

Anyway, you guys know the score. If you're willing to lend me or sell me this disc, I'd appreciate it and we can discuss terms.

Thanks.

-N

It pops up on Ebay from time to time. Just be patient. I was able to snag one off of there a year or so ago for $30 (best offer.)

Be sure to use the saved searches option in Ebay so you get a notification when it comes up for sale. That way you can snag it up quick.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]