Real copy spotted on YAJ.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j634016489

Julien

that would be awfully nice to own...

Post subject: Re: Very, very late Anime Boxset releases in Japan
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2020, 15:21 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Cool! It doesn’t seem like a particularly lavish box though. Considering how fancy the packaging for Sakura Wars video games often is I was hoping for more.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2020, 15:39 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

tasuke wrote:

that would be awfully nice to own...

It's neat for sure. A bit hard to justify for me when the DVD set (that I already have) is so cheap.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2020, 16:05 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Especially since it’s sucks. For $100 you can easily have nearly any other anime release on LD in Japan. Almost every series even. Therefore I’d imagine my collection would have to be pretty big before I got this.

If you want a giant LD sized Sakura Wars box set I recommend the Complete Box for Dreamcast. It has all four games in it and a very nice presentation. Also an extra GRROM with all the DLC on it for Sakura Wars 3. It doesn’t have a music box or a memory card like the individual releases would but it does have the greatest Sakura Wars games Sega is every going to make and the package fits in your shelf.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2020, 16:30 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

signofzeta wrote:
Especially since it’s sucks. For $100 you can easily have nearly any other anime release on LD in Japan. Almost every series even. Therefore I’d imagine my collection would have to be pretty big before I got this.

If you want a giant LD sized Sakura Wars box set I recommend the Complete Box for Dreamcast. It has all four games in it and a very nice presentation. Also an extra GRROM with all the DLC on it for Sakura Wars 3. It doesn’t have a music box or a memory card like the individual releases would but it does have the greatest Sakura Wars games Sega is every going to make and the package fits in your shelf.

I have the individual releases (sometimes multiple times over like having the "Asian" LE of the first game* and that box set is still something I want eventually.

*this has a VMU as well so there are actually 2 Sakura Wars VMUs that I know of, I have both.

I got really big into this series in general (I like strategy games and mecha) and there are some more obscure releases. I wish I had bought one when it came up on eBay, as I've never seen it again since.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2020, 18:49 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Yeah, Sega really went nuts with LEs around this time. There are so many LE VMUs it’s crazy. There must be at least a dozen versions. I don’t even remember what they all were.

They had their own direct sales arm at this time which produced a few interesting things like the Segagagaga LE.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2020, 14:16 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

indeed, i'm afraid Sakura Wars T.V. was yet another one of those series that started out fairly strong,
but ended up wasting little time in sweeping itself right under the rug.

still, the aesthetics were pleasing enough, and, found for the right price,
an LD set/artbook combo like that one above would be a most welcome addition to my modest Sakura Wars collection;

Last edited by tasuke on 30 Mar 2020, 14:27, edited 2 times in total. _________________
* PIONEER CLD-3030 Compatible LDP (1988) (( http://forum.lddb.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3094 ))

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2020, 14:18 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

The games are much, much better.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2020, 17:31 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

gypsy wrote:
The games are much, much better.

This cannot be overstated. Sakura Wars 3 is a huge favorite of mine. I’ll forgive any flaw in a game if the art direction is good enough and it sure is for SA3. So while it is so easy that you basically can’t not beat it, I don’t care. It’s the most perfectly packaged thing I’ve ever played. No seams anywhere, and every inch is something cooler than anything you’ve seen in a strategy game.

It’s also funny sometimes. Erica has this line that is something like, “Just once I’d like to eat pudding until I’m completely full.” Which I think is one for the ages. The end of part 4 is a tear jerker for hardcore Sega fans. Your boss reads this haiku that seems to describe the end of Sega’s “spring time” which to me...that was when Sega had already started making games for once competing machines but they were still making a few DC titles. It seemed to me saying, “We did the fun stuff but eventually you have to grow up.” and for Sega growing up meant basically dying and becoming the lame publisher they are today. I may have been reading a bit into that...the death of Sega and SNK at almost the same time really depressed me for a year or so. Now I just accept that the good guys lost and that’s where we are but back then I was pretty pissed.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2020, 15:09 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Bubblegum crisis perfect collection box is very hard to find right ? I have near 80 LDs yet and still indecisive to find my first box set ;( any recomendation? would like an unwrapped new one

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2020, 17:11 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Unless you are willing to pay a lot of money I don't know if many boxes are still sealed in Japan anymore.
And the shipping, may be cheaper to ship overseas but to the US the box sets are still pricey.

Been doing some covid YJ searching and have to say that the LDs really seem to have dried up.
Anything good is not there, and if it is the people want crazy money, more than USA sellers.

Some anime that I saw and would be interested in are asking 150 and up.
If you keep searching I know you will find a lower priced but when doing a proxy service it takes time and cuts into value.

But on another note, I have been finding a lot of late release box sets of anime from 1999 and 2000.
Trying to update or add info to as many as I can.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2020, 17:55 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

rein-o wrote:
Unless you are willing to pay a lot of money I don't know if many boxes are still sealed in Japan anymore.
And the shipping, may be cheaper to ship overseas but to the US the box sets are still pricey.

Been doing some covid YJ searching and have to say that the LDs really seem to have dried up.
Anything good is not there, and if it is the people want crazy money, more than USA sellers.

Some anime that I saw and would be interested in are asking 150 and up.
If you keep searching I know you will find a lower priced but when doing a proxy service it takes time and cuts into value.

But on another note, I have been finding a lot of late release box sets of anime from 1999 and 2000.
Trying to update or add info to as many as I can.

Was thinking about 50 euro XD....im waiting right now for "Creami mami Long goodbye" OVA LD from japan and Vampire hunter D VHS it costed 1300 yen plus commission 600 yen (17euro) without shipping

I have the japanese book " Complete Anime LD catálog" but it is only from 1981 to 1997 if you need any detailed info about some release i can try the google camera translation cause the book is in full japanese

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2020, 18:18 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Damn index ,I can understand nothing

Attachments:
IMG_20200730_190546.jpg
IMG_20200730_190546.jpg [ 316.21 KiB | Viewed 2916 times ]
IMG_20200730_190641.jpg
IMG_20200730_190641.jpg [ 302.99 KiB | Viewed 2916 times ]
IMG_20200730_190703.jpg
IMG_20200730_190703.jpg [ 417.92 KiB | Viewed 2916 times ]

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2020, 19:42 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

ertoili wrote:
Bubblegum crisis perfect collection box is very hard to find right ? I have near 80 LDs yet and still indecisive to find my first box set ;( any recomendation? would like an unwrapped new one

I wouldn’t consider it very hard to find. It’s not in my “unique to this collection” list so at least two people here have it. It is very good, I can tell you that. The video quality is miles beyond the original editions and the entire series is there, even the dumb specials. One of my favorite box sets for sure. I’m speaking also as someone who likes the show in general.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2020, 22:30 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

signofzeta wrote:
ertoili wrote:

I wouldn’t consider it very hard to find. It’s not in my “unique to this collection” list so at least two people here have it. It is very good, I can tell you that. The video quality is miles beyond the original editions and the entire series is there, even the dumb specials. One of my favorite box sets for sure. I’m speaking also as someone who likes the show in general.

I have that box too, I would probably even let it go, but not for 50 Euros, nope.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 00:08 
Serious fan
Serious fan

I wouldn't say LD deals have dried up on YJ just yet. For instance, I'm still on a quest for the UY LD50 and they are pretty much given away on YJ at this point for roughly $50-$100 price range. Some copies with the original shipping outer box even. Contrast this with the perceived value for this set on eBay of anywhere from $300 to near $1000 (maybe more) which is nuts. Seeing YJ pricing really spoils you when you see something on eBay - the convenience and reduced shipping is nice, but often offset by pricing. The UY set or whatever could be sea mailed for less.

If anything, LD is all but worthless in Japan at this point, with a few exceptions like Daicon while eBay prices are going up. I like seeing domestic prices go up when I have things already like my MI LD24, but not for titles I've yet to get like the UY set :lol:.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 00:43 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

harlock wrote:
I wouldn't say LD deals have dried up on YJ just yet. For instance, I'm still on a quest for the UY LD50 and they are pretty much given away on YJ at this point for roughly $50-$100 price range. Some copies with the original shipping outer box even. Contrast this with the perceived value for this set on eBay of anywhere from $300 to near $1000 (maybe more) which is nuts. Seeing YJ pricing really spoils you when you see something on eBay - the convenience and reduced shipping is nice, but often offset by pricing. The UY set or whatever could be sea mailed for less.

If anything, LD is all but worthless in Japan at this point, with a few exceptions like Daicon while eBay prices are going up. I like seeing domestic prices go up when I have things already like my MI LD24, but not for titles I've yet to get like the UY set :lol:.

I noticed this when I was shopping for some sets awhile back. Shipping is complete fubar atm and even when it isn't shipping will almost always be more than was paid for the set itself.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 02:00 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

No so much deals but nothing rare on there anymore or cheap that I can find.

Been looking for the past 2 months, some cool stuff but odd to see Lensman the movie sell for 140 and an Ultraman
disc I sold on ebay for 65 sold on YJ for 300.

Yes these rare box sets are very cheap now but can't you get UY on DVD or Bluray now? That's why its so cheap.

Very few rare unique LDs on there, lots of the same stuff over and over.
Guess most has been tossed :(

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 03:48 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

rein-o wrote:
No so much deals but nothing rare on there anymore or cheap that I can find.

Been looking for the past 2 months, some cool stuff but odd to see Lensman the movie sell for 140 and an Ultraman
disc I sold on ebay for 65 sold on YJ for 300.

Yes these rare box sets are very cheap now but can't you get UY on DVD or Bluray now? That's why its so cheap.

Very few rare unique LDs on there, lots of the same stuff over and over.
Guess most has been tossed :(

You COULD but the price is outrageous.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Urusei-Y ... ray/63585/

That's just part of it.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 04:45 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Yeah, I would say if you want a physical copy of UY may as well go for the LD set that has lots going for it: biggest set ever (and LD is all about mass), and what's really nice is they made original art for all 50 covers (instead of reusing old pieces which happens all too often). It's a really handsome set, especially if you are a 12 inch chauvinist. Plus the cheap price: if you can figure out how to ship one from Japan (or someone stops huffing wasabi on eBay and lets the market decide the price).

Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next