It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 07:22

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-V2600] Tray won't open  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2019, 06:31 
I have a CLD-V2600 in my collection. It will read disc's both CD's and LD's, but the tray will not open. When I press eject, the laser head moves to where the center of the Laserdisc would be, the laser head bracket will tilt just slightly, then I hear a hum noise and the tray wont budge. It times out after awhile with error code. Its acting like the belts are slipping. I have a pdf of the pioneer repair manual, I cant seem to figure out how to manually open the tray.

Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD-V2600 tray wont open
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2019, 21:21 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

addablestone13 wrote:
I have a CLD-V2600 in my collection. It will read disc's both CD's and LD's, but the tray will not open. When I press eject, the laser head moves to where the center of the Laserdisc would be, the laser head bracket will tilt just slightly, then I hear a hum noise and the tray wont budge. It times out after awhile with error code. Its acting like the belts are slipping. I have a pdf of the pioneer repair manual, I cant seem to figure out how to manually open the tray.

When you take the bonnet off, on the right side of the player, about 1/3 of the way from from front to back, there should be a pulley with a belt on it. Manually spinning this with your finger will lift the player assembly up to clamp the disc. Moving it the other way will open the drawer. Once the drawer starts to move, you can pull it out the rest of the way on your own. If the laser pickup is close to the spindle motor, it will only open the CD drawer. Move the pickup about mid-way through it's travel and the LD drawer will open.

Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD-V2600 tray wont open
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2019, 06:14 
One thing I noticed is the spindle motor stays up and doesn't move up or down so the disc is always "clamped", the laser bracket will tilt.

blam1 wrote:
addablestone13 wrote:

When you take the bonnet off, on the right side of the player, about 1/3 of the way from from front to back, there should be a pulley with a belt on it. Manually spinning this with your finger will lift the player assembly up to clamp the disc. Moving it the other way will open the drawer. Once the drawer starts to move, you can pull it out the rest of the way on your own. If the laser pickup is close to the spindle motor, it will only open the CD drawer. Move the pickup about mid-way through it's travel and the LD drawer will open.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]